Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Life is Strange: True Colors announced for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One

• Rubber DucksssRubber Ducksss1,045,836
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 18:37
    Sir Crespo said:
    Rubber Ducksss said:
    Sir Crespo said:
    New LiS AND Remasters of LiS1 & BTS?!?!?!

Love it
    Would love to know if it will have it's own achievement list!
    As they're Remasters I can't imagine why they wouldn't.
    I've just preordered the Ultimate Edition, but looks like there will be a LIS Remastered standalone as well, so should included its own achievement list.
    Super excited to experience a remaster!
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,157,143
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 18:39, Edited on 18 March 21 at 18:39 by xPut Name Herex
    supkris said:
    Nice. But that price though. Since it’s not episodic may be they are making it as a full fledged AAA game.
    It's still episodic from the sounds of their presentation, they just isn't releasing the episodes individually.
  • Posted on 18 March 21 at 18:50
    Glad Deck Nine got another shot at this. I always said that the reason Deck Nine got shafted for Before the Storm had a lot to do with the voice actor strike going on at the same time. Hopefully, people can see that these devs actually have some really good writing skills. True Colors is looking amazing so far!
  • LLboxedLLboxed254,464
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 18:55
    Looks great!
  • Thief000Thief000903,360
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 18:58, Edited on 18 March 21 at 18:59 by Thief000
    BlackxRyan said:
    Well after LiS 2 and Tell Me Why which were both disappointments, I'm very sceptical about this one. Wait & see.
    Same here. I also don't see the need for the remasters, unless they would have been Smart Delivery patches for the previous versions.
    Will try it on Game Pass...
  • Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:03
    Rubber Ducksss said:
    Rather "its own".
    FRAG'EM ALL
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,188,364
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:03
    Hopefully Deck Nine has a budget this time for animations, character models, and voice acting. Oh, and graphics. That would be cool.

I loved how they just reused Joyce's character model from the real game and came up with all these lazy excuses why she was ALWAYS wearing her server uniform no matter the situation.
  • Rubber DucksssRubber Ducksss1,045,836
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:08
    swenor said:
    Rubber Ducksss said:
    Rather "its own".
    Yes, apologies. I was excited and typing quickly on le phone
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,736
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:29
    Don't understand why LiS and BTS would need remasters other than to grab cash.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • justoneunclejustoneuncle648,148
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:37, Edited on 18 March 21 at 20:12 by xPut Name Herex
    Mod Edit: Removed deleted post

I didn't see your original comment, but I have a feeling that I would agree with it. I loved Life is Strange 1, liked Before the Storm, downright abhorred Life is Strange 2, and merely tolerated Tell Me Why. I want to be excited for a new Life is Strange but I'll wait for reviews to decide whether I'll buy it or wait for Game Pass.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus210,589
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:50
    I'll be picking up the ultimate version - 100% want to support the devs and think the game looks great
    Good vibes only <3
  • GilCAnjosGilCAnjos153,758
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:54
    I'm glad they're dropping the episodic format, waiting an entire year to get the full story is a pain in the ass
  • Brave TanukiBrave Tanuki234,470
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:56
    I really can't imagine why the original needs a remaster at this point in time but I am definitely stoked for this, especially after hearing that Deck Nine is in charge.
  • AsturgisAsturgis834,926
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 19:59, Edited on 18 March 21 at 20:21 by Asturgis
    justoneuncle said:
    I didn't see your original comment, but I have a feeling that I would agree with it. I loved Life is Strange 1, liked Before the Storm, downright abhorred Life is Strange 2, and merely tolerated Tell Me Why.
    I agree with you. Loved LiS 1, also loved Before the Storm (maybe even more actually), but the Wolf Brothers was painful to go through because it was forcefully dramatic to the point where you just went from one impossible situation no one in real life could react to properly, to the next, creating a cascade of events that was absurd from start to finish. It's too bad because it had its moments and a good concept.

In Tell me Why, I couldn't relate at all, it's as simple as that, and I was mad at the game and at the company, not the characters or their issues. It was so painfully obvious DontNod strategically chose to make a LGBTQ+ friendly product that would break new ground only to generate buzz and awards, not to serve the story or because they're a socially aware company. The game would have been the exact same without those topics that were force-fed to us. They just wanted to surf the wave and recolt the accolades, which they did.

That being said, again, graphically, the game was unbelievable. Each location, store, shop, house, market, looked so real and detailed I'm sure they were modeled after pictures of existing places. The puzzles made by the mom were very cool too and the story was all right, if not mind blowing.
    Asturgis
  • Dave BodomDave Bodom1,546,344
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 21:07, Edited on 18 March 21 at 21:08 by Dave Bodom
    The steelbook looks gorgeous if you're into collecting those.

I'll probably pick this up eventually, I wish we'd get a Vampyr 2.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,640
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 21:10
    However, unlike previous entries into the LiS series, True Colors won't be released episodically, and the full game will be available from the get-go.
    To me, this is great news. I never have been a fan of games released in drubs & drabs.
  • pezboybenpezboyben790,459
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 21:32
    Loved Life is strange, number two not as much. These prices are ridiculous
  • Watty8883Watty88832,160,974
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 21:41
    The Price is Strange.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse1,798,760
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 22:03
    Seems a bit pricy compared to the rest of the series.
    Gtech
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,332
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 22:24
    As long as it doesn't have too much politics mixed in and focuses on the story and relationship between people I think I'd like it
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.