Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Life is Strange: True Colors announced for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One

• NO1KEVNO1KEV2,269,655
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 22:50
    £50?! Hahaha. Not a chance in hell
  • JetSetJustinJetSetJustin149,394
    Posted on 18 March 21 at 23:39
    Looks like it has potential to be decent.
  • PXNKREBELPXNKREBEL102,247
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 00:29, Edited on 19 March 21 at 00:32 by PXNKREBEL
    I’m actually interested in this one even though I disliked the first LiS game. The story & new empathic powers sold it for me plus another developer doing it this time. I really didn’t like Dontnod’s games.
  • Rista BRista B628,436
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 01:26
    Agree with other comments. LiS 2 and Tell Me Why were both lousy with LiS 2 being horrible. Won't be in a hurry to purchase but maybe see how things look after release or give it a shot on GP.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • DoobertsDooberts136,782
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 01:43
    Ridiculous price for a game of its kind, if it comes to GamePass I might try it but I haven’t enjoyed the series since before the storm
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,521,283
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 02:14
    I actually enjoyed Tell me Why. LiS 2 took about 2 1/2 episodes to actually grab my attention but was disappointing overall. Probably gonna wait for a sale or gamepass at that price point but it’s cool we are getting the full game at once.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
  • Posted on 19 March 21 at 02:32
    Super excited for this! The price is what it is cuz they releasing all episodes at once instead of months apart. Cant wait to get back into the original with the redone visuals! Max gonna look sooooo good.
  • SolidSnakeENSolidSnakeEN212,656
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 02:45
    So still no LiS 3 huh?
    @SolidSnakeEN
  • Posted on 19 March 21 at 03:18
    Man the first LiS messed me up so bad I'm almost reluctant to play another. So well made but so sad.
  • JayPsych47JayPsych47402,886
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 03:31
    If she encounters horny people then she gets horny. Just saying
  • SpybreakerSpybreaker271,284
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 04:09
    That's a hard pass for me dawg.
    Now you're dead.
  • J2B9J2B9929,154
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 08:37
    SolidSnakeEN said:
    So still no LiS 3 huh?
    I mean this is it. They probably just realized there's no point in calling it 3 when it has no relation to the previous stories, so might as well name it with a subtitle so that there's not people who might be reluctant to play this thinking they'd need to play the others first.
  • MikaszMikasz666,460
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 09:35
    I wonder what kind of remastered version do first one and BTS need. Probably some stuff with light but the game on it's own has unique graphics style which isn't quite 'remasterable'. It'll look better but does it justify 20$ increase for the two of them? Can't really tell. I didn't see a massive difference between 2 and 1.

Anyway, pricy! Very pricy! 60 bucks for a game that will probably take you 10h is a lot. It probably makes it one of the most expensive titles available (in $/h ratio). Especially with 2 becoming such a disappointment, it's nowhere even close to that masterpiece the first one became. Definitely a 'game pass day 1' for me but nothing more.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,402,313
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 09:46
    I've struggled for the will to live playing last couple of Dontnod episodic games.
    LIS2 and Tell Me Why were boring, terrible characters I had no affinity with, no OMG moments LIS you kinda cared what happened and where the characters were heading..your decisions had you thinking what have I done.

Anyway no way I'm buying this.
    If it comes to Game Pass I'll give it a go.
    I've been playing Tell Me Why for months now..I have trouble staying awake after 10 mins.

Just my opinions I know many will beg to differ. But be boring if we all liked same stuff.

Stay safe and take care all
  • EdosEdos479,718
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 10:15
    Hard pass after Tell me Why, the most boring game I played last year. First game in the series was the best, and I just don't see that changing with this new one coming out. Trailer didn't excite me one bit :/
  • Posted on 19 March 21 at 11:06
    i will only play this game when/if its on gamepass as there is no need to pay that much for a game you will only play once and thats it
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,308,201
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 12:24
    Mikasz said:
    Anyway, pricy! Very pricy! 60 bucks for a game that will probably take you 10h is a lot. It probably makes it one of the most expensive titles available (in $/h ratio).
    I remember when the first Assassin's Creed came out. It was relatively short (maybe not quite as short) at full retail and no online. We've gotten rather spoiled.

If it's a good story, let the market decide. There are plenty of other crappy games out there that cost the same. Besides, the price will probably drop, and hopefully MS pulls another coup and grabs it for Game Pass again.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9298,884
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 13:09
    etcher1981 said:
    60 bucks!?! Wow....
    Im not picking on you directly, just needed something to quote for my point.

I know the price seems steep but I actually really enjoy LiS for the commentary they have on the times. Its WAY more artistic that some people appreciate. Ill say $60 is steep but youre also paying for a level of quality well above that of other games similar to it (Like Telltale games)

Im intrigued, I really am regardless of price.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9298,884
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 13:13, Edited on 19 March 21 at 15:32 by xPut Name Herex
    Mod Edit: Removed deleted posts
    I dont expect many to appreciate the artistic spin put into some games. Games are allowed to be thought provoking which is way different from "woke". You cant sweep everything that makes you think under the rug. Boring to some maybe but just let it exist outside of your peripheral vision of gaming.
  • GoDSnafuGoDSnafu325,884
    Posted on 19 March 21 at 14:18, Edited on 19 March 21 at 15:33 by xPut Name Herex
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Mod Edit: Removed deleted posts
    I dont expect many to appreciate the artistic spin put into some games. Games are allowed to be thought provoking which is way different from "woke". You cant sweep everything that makes you think under the rug. Boring to some maybe but just let it exist outside of your peripheral vision of gaming.
    Right on man. Every media and art form has benefitted from contemporary progressive ideas during it's history and development. Had it not we wouldn't have the various media we have today. We wouldn't be playing games in the capacity we currently do.

Boring would be every game being the same (and every person being the same). But it seems some ideas are a little too progressive for some players, and they'd rather we all remained the same...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.