Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

King of Fighters XIII Gets Patched Up

• The5thCylonThe5thCylon329,578
    Posted on 21 December 11 at 01:04
    I've only played a few matches online, and while it's not as bad as 12 was (i can actually pull off special moves and it isn't so slow that I can counts the frames per second), it still lags way more than any other fighter I've played online.
  • Posted on 21 December 11 at 02:55
    Fixing connection issues and lag is always important in any fighting game
  • mooglessmoogless222,063
    Posted on 21 December 11 at 03:15
    it makes me happy when people use the tiles i got colored for the news articles smile
    Remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? NEUROTOXIN
  • Posted on 21 December 11 at 04:56
    It isn't actually going to improve the online play, just make the readings of connections more accurate. Which is irrelevant, because even the best connections I've had in XIII have been unplayable.
  • Posted on 21 December 11 at 09:49
    Still want a decent lobby system mind u snk playmore u have the right way wiyh colour edit mode is the way forward
    its over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • anthony2690anthony2690800,185
    Posted on 21 December 11 at 14:05
    kof13 is dead. kof is dead in general. just give up snk you just can't manage to make a lag free game.

i played a few matches online on this was like playing underwater, 0 bar connections on bbcs are like 347347387434v better than this lagfest on 2/3 or even 4bars...

huge dissapointment.
  • Posted on 22 December 11 at 00:22
    I played a few matches online. Kinda hard for me to find people who play this game.
  • SanadaSanada675,310
    Posted on 23 December 11 at 04:48
    anthony2690 said:
    kof13 is dead. kof is dead in general. just give up snk you just can't manage to make a lag free game.

i played a few matches online on this was like playing underwater, 0 bar connections on bbcs are like 347347387434v better than this lagfest on 2/3 or even 4bars...

huge dissapointment.
    You know it's not just the games fault that you have a bad connection...I have yet to play a single fighting game that had perfect connection and I doubt that such a thing will ever exist. If lag is the only complaint, I really don't see the problem. Sucks that it's dead though, hopefully the patch will revitalize some interest.
    You seem a little furious...
    Posted on 02 January 12 at 14:12
    iheartslampigs said:
    anthony2690 said:

huge dissapointment.
    You know it's not just the games fault that you have a bad connection...I have yet to play a single fighting game that had perfect connection and I doubt that such a thing will ever exist. If lag is the only complaint, I really don't see the problem. Sucks that it's dead though, hopefully the patch will revitalize some interest.
    http://speedtest.net/result/1672901550.png

er thats my internet speed 18mbps+

so my internet is fine, it lags.
    2bar matches are unplayable for combos. 3 is hit or miss.

I actually have REALLY good internet speed.

and no other fighting games lag like this.
  • SanadaSanada675,310
    Posted on 02 January 12 at 18:59
    Well then you are lucky to only have one that lags. And I should've worded that differently, what I meant was a bad connection when it comes to who you hook up with. For example if I hook up with somebody overseas it's bound to be a nightmare. Then again, no game is perfect though I'm not about to try defending a game I haven't played yet to any extreme I'll just have to take your word for it.
    Posted on 02 January 12 at 20:38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljw61HZAIHY&context=C3a15...

and this blazblue:CS on a one bar connection, runs very smooth.

every fighting game should use ASW's netcode in my opinion.

but kof is very laggy, it seems to pick up near the end of each round but thats not good enough.

meaning i can only do the combos i practice offline as it's impossible online :(

I've noticed that almost every SNK game has rubbish online like neo geo coliseum, metal slug 3 etc :(
  • SanadaSanada675,310
    Posted on 02 January 12 at 21:13
    Looking forward to playing those then...facepalm. Just from the ones on my card, I've never had consistency. If the original BlazBlue has connection that good as well, I might just pop that in now considering it's on my shelf.

The combo problem is a shame though, I know the feeling from casually playing both DOA as well as Tekken. People who can do it really do amaze me, though if they play the game enough with the lag they most likely practice there rather than the offline practice mode. Half the reason I only play locally the majority of the time, though that means a very limited supply of opponents.
    Posted on 02 January 12 at 22:54
    ahhh calamity trigger? I use to love that game, but they really changed things up with the free ver 1.3 (cs2) update :) everyone plays differently and they updated challenge mode for everyone too, I recommend getting bbcs:ex when it comes out feb )usa/uk) :D

and it's all changing again with cs:ex and i'm pretty sure it will get free patches during the year :D

apparently the netcode is going to be even better than the last two games.

offline, i'll only get to play my lil brother or people that come over who are terrible and are not big into fighter s :(

so it's easy wins/unfun :(

i'd say kof is like a mix between sf and blazblue, but its more rushdown than sf, and if your good then you got to combo, but the combos are just loops/cancels, so they look very samey on kof D;

but there hard to pull off :P
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.