Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Reminder: Windows 8 Microsoft Casual Games servers closing on April 5th

• Posted on 05 April 21 at 20:00
    Spent 2 Days in a row doing the Daily Challenges for my Brother on Microsoft Jigsaw - Windows 8. Done about 7 Months. Really wanted to get this done in 2 Days. Bit it's such a grind. And keep getting distracted around home. If the Servers are still up tomorrow, I'll try my best to keep pushing. But if not, I think I have wasted my life. This is all sole destroying. And depressing.
  • Dont Copy MineDont Copy Mine1,045,119
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 21:33
    I finished all of the Online related Achievements for the MCG that are shutting down minus the exception of Bingo (WP, WIN 8, and WIN 10). I hope that I will still be able to unlock those achievements, if they allow them to be popped offline or if they grant a deadline. Currently going after the 1 online achievement in Jackpot right now.

It's been a rough 2 months of grinding over 1,000 challenges. Lost multiple hours of my days, committed to doing the Daily Challenge Badges, but boy does it feel good to be done!! :) Good luck to those of you who are still grinding...
  • JDawgg77JDawgg77235,566
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 21:47
    Can’t connect to bingo on wp or w10. Wordament still up on wp.
  • Lord RoAlJoLord RoAlJo270,757
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:09
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Lord RoAlJo said:
    SwearySean said:
    I personally don't think anything will be affected. These can all be played offline and they only said they won't add anymore daily challenges after April 5th. I might be wrong, but hopefully we're OK.
    We can truly hope! I've literally pulled an all-nighter and feel like I'm not going to make it.

Does anyone know how much time we have left? Especially for Treasure Hunt?
    Servers are still up. Did some challenges not too long ago.
    Think it’s meant to be down now, according to someone else’s comment. But I’m playing it offline and hoping for the best.

We will see. 😅

Totally having the worst luck atm as well.
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar534,986
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:46
    Solitaire is pain and suffering. Glad I got to finish Sudoku but i think I have to accept defeat. The cards are invading my dreams.
    For relaxing times...
  • PALOFGAMESPALOFGAMES790,835
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:47
    Is Solitaire still up?
    .POG.
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar534,986
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:48
    PALOFGAMES said:
    Is Solitaire still up?
    It was for me half an hour ago.
    For relaxing times...
  • Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:56
    Well i played minesweepers daily challenge today and its still up if its the case that theres just no more challenges then every game wouldn't be effected as you could just set the time on your computer back to finish them all.
    MineMasterJake1
  • PALOFGAMESPALOFGAMES790,835
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 22:59
    Shad0wdar said:
    PALOFGAMES said:
    Is Solitaire still up?
    It was for me half an hour ago.
    Ah cool, trying to get the marathon achievement to work any tips?
    .POG.
  • Posted on 05 April 21 at 23:09
    Its officially the 6th April for me and it seems Jigsaw and Minesweeper at the least are still functioning im guessing the others are similar?
    MineMasterJake1
  • Lord RoAlJoLord RoAlJo270,757
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 02:24
    Oh my fucking god I just unlocked all of Treasure Hunt!!!!

And the servers for it seem to still be up as well!
  • Oaawara2Oaawara2568,068
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 05:54
    Just unlocked a daily challenge achievement in Taptiles.
  • VudixVudix4,316,327
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 07:51
    Looks like things are still working with the exception of some connectivity issues to Bingo? (According to someone earlier) As the Latin folk would say.... Omnia sunt bona.
    Vudix: Game Developer, Marketer, Soldier.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw989,701
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 08:38
    They may be doing a grace period considering they fixed the WP sync issues quite close to the deadline. Based on TA unlocks, the WP games are getting some quality time again and they can probably see that. Aside from that, maybe because of public holiday they are a day behind.
  • LvxLvx388,696
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 09:39
    planchetflaw said:
    They may be doing a grace period considering they fixed the WP sync issues quite close to the deadline. Based on TA unlocks, the WP games are getting some quality time again and they can probably see that. Aside from that, maybe because of public holiday they are a day behind.
    They took Bingo offline the day they said they would. MS doesn't typically "forget" stuff like this. My guess is dailies will either continue to function forever or until the end of this month. Cloud saving has probably been taken offline too.
  • Posted on 06 April 21 at 13:35, Edited on 06 April 21 at 13:44 by VisibleRaptor5
    Lvx said:
    They took Bingo offline the day they said they would. MS doesn't typically "forget" stuff like this. My guess is dailies will either continue to function forever or until the end of this month. Cloud saving has probably been taken offline too.
    The WP titles still seem to work (except for Bingo). I will check out the cloud save.

Update: Cloud save is still working.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,976,248
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 13:53, Edited on 06 April 21 at 13:57 by Mike Pitch
    Hopefully, cloud stays a little bit longer, only have two achievements left in Solitaire (WP); 4 Suit Spider and need 696 more games to hit 1000 wins. Can't touch it much until later as I've gotta catch up on work that I've been slacking on this week while grinding the rest of the achievements I needed... Oops! laugh

If anyone has helpful tips for 4 Suit Spider, let me know! Spider Solitaire is definitely not my strongest game in this collection.
  • Posted on 06 April 21 at 16:36
    I can't pull up my achievement list in Solitaire anymore (W8)... I think it's done for me.
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,976,248
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 17:17
    ScottMacFreedom said:
    I can't pull up my achievement list in Solitaire anymore (W8)... I think it's done for me.
    I just pulled up Solitaire on Win 8 and I'm logged in and can see everything still.
  • Posted on 06 April 21 at 17:26, Edited on 06 April 21 at 17:27 by ScottMacFreedom
    Mike Pitch said:
    ScottMacFreedom said:
    I just pulled up Solitaire on Win 8 and I'm logged in and can see everything still.
    It shows me as signed in, but I'm not seeing my achievements list. It's telling me I need to sign in. Maybe leaving it for 4 months was too long of time.
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads