Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Indie Showcase confirms over 20 games as arriving day one for Xbox Game Pass

• MiST 1001MiST 1001151,589
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 02:37
    Hope to see Hades someday...
  • CoryG900CoryG900413,985
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 03:03, Edited on 27 March 21 at 03:04 by CoryG900
    Most anticipated Indie games for XB consoles over the next year... (imo)
    01. Disco Elysium: Director's Cut (prob my most anticipated game of the year.. almost bought it on PS due to their timed exc).. Console players forget the hype around this game being considered one of the greatest games of it's generation along with being one of the greatest indie, as well as RPG, games ever made. Please support this game so Xbox is seen as a viable place for PC games that weren't afraid to try something new.

02. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - any PC FPS players know the series is amazing and underrated. Like Metro series? Time to get pumped.

03. 12 Minutes - God I hope this game can reach it's fully potential and doesn't limit themselves. The more ambitious with this type of title, the more attention to detail, the better.

04. Dead Static Drive - the art style, the unique gameplay being a horror-survival with a heavy emphasis on driving? Count me in.

05. Backbone - looks like a mix of 2 previous indie classics - Oxenfree and Chicken Police. This is the type of game I have talked about in the past that would, in the past, be relegated to indie darlie reaching a niche audience on Steam, it's time for Microsoft to make sure all of these get in the hands of their gamepass console players.

06. Open Roads - I haven't seen much, but consider be intrigued. For some reason I get vibes from this game as one that really becomes another indie narrative classic like Firewatch / Edith Finch / Life is Strange etc.

07. The Last Night - Amazing looking Cyberpunk Indie game that gives of that 'Backbone' artstyle vibe inside a different genre. Has been delayed, but still check out the trailer to get excited.

**Microsoft needs to close the deal on Hades and get that ported over asap. Hell, they wanna make a splash? Scoop up SuperGiant Games.. after Bastion, Pyre, Transistor and now (game of the year hype) Hades, I think the track record speaks for itself. They also have an ability to produce these top notch indie games at a good pace.

**Pay Lucas Pope to build his own little studio and small stable of developers, fund him with whatever he is passionate about making, and leave him alone until he has something ready.
  • sdutton007sdutton007364,750
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 03:47, Edited on 27 March 21 at 03:55 by sdutton007
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Not free why not free like PS4 free 10+ games alone c'mon
    Free for a month, game pass games normally last a year
    PsN members own them for forever warning
    10+ games that many people are very unlikely to play (with the possible exception of ClutchIt&Spank) VS 386-ish games. I chose both but if I was stuck with just one, it would be game pass, no question! I'll probably try Horizon Zero Dawn when that is free though to be fair

Also, ps+ members only "own" their ps+ games while they keep paying £60/year. These free games are free for everyone.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus210,039
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 06:46
    Boyfriend dungeon wooo!
    Good vibes only <3
  • Posted on 27 March 21 at 08:27
    Some of these games look cool but I really wish tunic would hurry up and release.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,402,570
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 08:57
    STALKER2 is the only one I know much about.
    But I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Take care, stay safe all
  • ukinsproukinspro1,351,351
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 09:46
    sdutton007 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    10+ games that many people are very unlikely to play (with the possible exception of ClutchIt&Spank) VS 386-ish games. I chose both but if I was stuck with just one, it would be game pass, no question! I'll probably try Horizon Zero Dawn when that is free though to be fair

Also, ps+ members only "own" their ps+ games while they keep paying £60/year. These free games are free for everyone.
    Free for everyone, think you are making that up. So I didn't renew any of my xbox subscriptions and i'm getting 20 games for free. I kind of doubt that
  • Posted on 27 March 21 at 09:48
    O.o there has to be at least ONE game in there for everyone, surely. Gamepass is killing it.
  • Posted on 27 March 21 at 09:54
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Why are you derailing a perfectly good thread with off topic Sony garbage?
    Some people would rather ejaculate barbed wire into a toaster than admit Xbox or Gamepass have anything decent :P Clutching at straws now they can't slag off the quality of the additions.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76616,452
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 10:53
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Some people would rather ejaculate barbed wire into a toaster than admit Xbox or Gamepass have anything decent :P Clutching at straws now they can't slag off the quality of the additions.
    I don't want to know how you came up with that analogy. laugh But yeah, pretty much on point.

Out of Sony's 10 (mostly older) free games, I'm interested in 3, and have already played (or own) 2 of them, including Abzu which was on Game Pass about 3 years ago. It's a decent offer and I'm sure there's something for everyone. Not sure what it has to do with these day one Game Pass additions, though.
  • Hahaman4realHahaman4real476,705
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 10:55
    babij17 IV said:
    Those games are old and have been free on different platforms.. These games are releasing for the first time.. Do you even know the difference? You want all games to be free? I don't know if you are trolling or a massive m****
  • babij17 IVbabij17 IV152,838
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 11:31
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    I don't want to know how you came up with that analogy. laugh But yeah, pretty much on point.

Out of Sony's 10 (mostly older) free games, I'm interested in 3, and have already played (or own) 2 of them, including Abzu which was on Game Pass about 3 years ago. It's a decent offer and I'm sure there's something for everyone. Not sure what it has to do with these day one Game Pass additions, though.
    Easy pissed off play game have deslisted digital only when play them rent on game pass achievements mess up there some plenty deslisted digital only for xbox one games
  • Posted on 27 March 21 at 12:36
    babij17 IV said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:

Easy pissed off play game have deslisted digital only when play them rent on game pass achievements mess up there some plenty deslisted digital only for xbox one games
    I have no idea what you just said but gamepass is the best thing to happen to gaming (in my oppinion) this month alone has been amazing.
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 13:34, Edited on 27 March 21 at 13:36 by babij17 IV
    AfterShark62590 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:

I have no idea what you just said but gamepass is the best thing to happen to gaming (in my oppinion) this month alone has been amazing.
    2018 Gamepass was the goat full AAA good old days
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,268
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:11
    This shows a real commitment to both GamePass & indie games.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,268
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:16
    Edge of Eternity has been out on early release on Steam for over two years. Good to see the official announcement.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76616,452
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:34
    babij17 IV said:
    AfterShark62590 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:

Did you miss the boatload of AAA titles that were added recently, somehow?
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,304,497
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:41, Edited on 27 March 21 at 14:41 by Sashamorning
    COME ON, people!!

The last 10 posts have been toxic pyramids about Sony and how it has free old games. So does GwG.

This is about Game Pass and the fact that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is coming to Game Pass on day one after almost 15 years, and never on console!

This is an INDIE SHOWCASE, not a Sony thread. Or even a site for crying out loud.

Ignore the trolls.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • antiriad68kantiriad68k418,332
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:43
    AfterShark62590 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:

The concept of gamepass has already been proven to work for movies/tv/music, and it's going to work for gaming too. There's nothing Sony can do about that, other than offering a service of similar value.
    Posted on 27 March 21 at 14:49
    SilentJay76 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    AfterShark62590 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    babij17 IV said:
    Seeker06 said:
    babij17 IV said:

Did you miss the boatload of AAA titles that were added recently, somehow?
    Back more Supercross series now more indies meh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.