The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 12 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm469,548
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 01:15
    I recommend Zero Strain. It's a 360 degree twin-stick shoot 'em up. People who want a quick and easy completion should be able to knock out the 15 achievements in under an hour. However, you only scratch the surface of the game with the achievement completion. It has a very steep learning curve. Once you get through the introductory stages, the later bosses require sophisticated tactics and a certain degree of hand and eye coordination. If you like shoot 'em ups this is a good bargain at 5 USD.
  • RiIeyRiIey468,174
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 02:35
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    RiIey said:
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    dont grab any of these quick games in a while might just treat myself
    They never really gives the ones I like. Past couple weeks I been eyeing one a week but ended up passing.
    Ye I got really bored of just getting super fast gs so now I like to play longer games unless they are on GP. I ended up picking up Gonner but thats a bitch in my op to 100% im really not good at that game but i need to finish it to fix my %age
    I really don’t mind easy g but some of the games they put on sale it’s a force I don’t wanna play those games. But I hear you tho
  • DingadillyDingadilly1,610,047
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 04:41
    My store is still showing last weeks games at non sale prices in both the sales & specials tab and deals with gold. This is a day after and they have yet to update. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
  • FejerFejer907,601
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 07:06, Edited on 31 March 21 at 07:07 by Fejer
    Fell for it again... Cold Silence is not 0-1h anymore. It got patched back to it's original state which makes the game more difficult and longer to complete.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,277,406
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 08:01
    Tempted with Gonner, just for the ratio...
  • naoya0831naoya08311,812,334
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 09:46
    Cold silence.....you can’t get hit once in whole game if you want to complete it.
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 13:37, Edited on 31 March 21 at 13:38 by Allgorhythm
    naoya0831 said:
    Cold silence.....you can’t get hit once in whole game if you want to complete it.
    Which is not that difficult. It takes longer to learn the map than enemy moves so, by the time you learn the map, you can zip through all 6 very short chapters unscathed. For Pantomime, you also have to jump over all healing items.
  • Posted on 31 March 21 at 14:46
    Cold Silence completion time definitely needs updated.
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 14:52
    ThunderRhino728 said:
    Cold Silence completion time definitely needs updated.
    5-10 hours
  • Posted on 31 March 21 at 16:18
    It doesn’t really say in the article, the three Queen’s Quest games are only discounted via a bundle, not individually.
    Dave Bricker, Ph.D. CognitiveCaveat
  • gothmogesgothmoges488,403
    Posted on 01 April 21 at 07:35
    Some people seem to confuse easy with short. I wouldn't qualify Gonner as easy. If you know the tricks and you have the skills/patience, then it might be short,.but you need those skills.

A qte/story game like the Batman from Telltale is easy. Regardless of taking 2 or 10 hours, you can play it pretty much in autopilot.
  • Grape VansGrape Vans715,844
    Posted on 01 April 21 at 09:37, Edited on 01 April 21 at 09:37 by Grape Vans
    I wish Xitilon would of stuck it to the man (microsoft) and just reverted the cheev list back to original while keeping the easy requirements intact lol
  • JohnnieMonkeyJohnnieMonkey1,086,208
    Posted on 01 April 21 at 10:54
    gothmoges said:
    Some people seem to confuse easy with short. I wouldn't qualify Gonner as easy. If you know the tricks and you have the skills/patience, then it might be short,.but you need those skills.

A qte/story game like the Batman from Telltale is easy. Regardless of taking 2 or 10 hours, you can play it pretty much in autopilot.
    This. I personally found Gonner to be too difficult. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but after a few hours of getting nowhere I gave up.
  • Posted on 03 April 21 at 15:26
    Goodbye Deponia ... a 6-sh hour completion (with a guide) for $1.29 USD
    Posted on 03 April 21 at 16:29
    Grape Vans said:
    I wish Xitilon would of stuck it to the man (microsoft) and just reverted the cheev list back to original while keeping the easy requirements intact lol
    Microsoft did not coerce Xitilon to change the achievements back to the original. Microsoft only pointed out that Xitilon had not complied with the policy by changing unlock conditions after the games' releases. Xitilon, because its intent was to comply with the policy & had done so wrt title updates, on its own decided to make the changes.

Note that the violation of policy was the changing of the unlock conditions. The publisher is allowed to make changes to the text of the achievement. So reverting the "cheev list back to original while keeping the easy requirements intact" was not an option. This is the policy:
    Modifying Active Achievements: After an achievement has been published to users, it cannot be removed, nor can its unlock rules or rewards be changed. Achievement text strings (name, description) or art (icons/background) can be modified.
  • Grape VansGrape Vans715,844
    Posted on 03 April 21 at 21:19
    Allgorhythm said:
    Grape Vans said:
    Microsoft did not coerce Xitilon to change the achievements back to the original. Microsoft only pointed out that Xitilon had not complied with the policy by changing unlock conditions after the games' releases. Xitilon, because its intent was to comply with the policy & had done so wrt title updates, on its own decided to make the changes.

Note that the violation of policy was the changing of the unlock conditions. The publisher is allowed to make changes to the text of the achievement. So reverting the "cheev list back to original while keeping the easy requirements intact" was not an option. This is the policy:
    Modifying Active Achievements: After an achievement has been published to users, it cannot be removed, nor can its unlock rules or rewards be changed. Achievement text strings (name, description) or art (icons/background) can be modified.
    Sea of Thieves had an achievement go from "deliver 1000 banana crates" nerfed all the way down to 50 in an update. Thats 100 percent changing unlock rules

I do get what you're saying though about text being irrelevant
    Posted on 04 April 21 at 01:01
    Grape Vans said:
    Sea of Thieves had an achievement go from "deliver 1000 banana crates" nerfed all the way down to 50 in an update. Thats 100 percent changing unlock rules

I do get what you're saying though about text being irrelevant
    There are quite a few examples of developers or publishers changing the unlock rules. Sea of Thieves in an XBox Studios game so they might get special exception. I know of no instance where Microsoft has forced the publisher to unmake a change to the unlock criteria. And Xitilon is the only one I know of that voluntarily changed them back.

The most recent example of a change in unlock criteria that I know of is The Medium. The An Unknown Outcome achievement originally required the player to collect 19 of Thomas's notes. Now, it requires 20 of his notes to be collected.
  • FejerFejer907,601
    Posted on 25 April 21 at 19:16
    I guess there is a difference where the requirement to unlock the achievement is the same and just the grind is reduced or the update completely changes the requirement for the achievement.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.