Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

May Sees More Permanent XBL Reductions

• Zacry072Zacry0721,225,971
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 13:37
    The Hasbro stuff looks decent, maybe?
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude715,899
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 13:42
    Already finished FGN. Nothing for me here.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 13:43
    I have Sorry Sliders which was fun to play with the fiancee. Guess I'll get the rest and then be pissed at the end about my one missing achievement. Should have gotten it before it went down but never found the time. At least the rest will be cheaper now.
    I aim to misbehave!
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice310,801
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 13:43
    All the moaning about shutdowns for FGN is a bit much. The inability to play online aside, there's only one unobtainable (we'll ignore regional availabilty as well). Most of us by this point already have at least one unobtainable on our card (Worms: Ultimate Mayhem for me, with a few other potentials). One more unobtainable achievement will hardly make a dint in peoples stats, especially when you get to the gamers with scores in the hundreds of thousands.

At least they aren't leaving the content full price.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,577,389
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 13:56
    It would make a dint in mine. Over 200k and still at 100%. I will not touch games that have unobtainables.

I still can't fathom why ANY online achieve should be unobtainable without dedicated servers. XBL is a giant peer to peer network to begin with. If idiot Devs would include a backup P2P coding for online play that takes over whenever servers are unavailable or shut down, it would solve these issues.
    200k/200k gs, 200 games played, 100% completion including all DLC, 11-13-11.
  • BeachemBeachem441,273
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:07
    Really wish I would have got that Scrabble online achievement before the servers were shut down facepalm
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • AncientTidesAncientTides230,136
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:16
    Nothing here for me. I'd recommend Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet though.
  • RockoxRockox100,755
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:20
    You take a block from the bottom and you put it on top, you take a block from the middle and you put it on top...
  • WraithTDKWraithTDK121,776
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:20
    Everyone keep in mind that they shut down the servers for Family Game night. There's no achievements that require XBLA (all multiplayer achievements can be done via two controllers/couch multi), so they're all still completeable. Still, takes away a lot of the fun.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye189,439
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:26, Edited on 09 May 12 at 14:35 by NickHawkeye
    WraithTDK said:
    Everyone keep in mind that they shut down the servers for Family Game night. There's no achievements that require XBLA (all multiplayer achievements can be done via two controllers/couch multi), so they're all still completeable. Still, takes away a lot of the fun.
    There's no achievements that require XBL
    There is one (1) online and now "unobtainable" achievement and it is in the scrabble pack.
    Hasbro Family Game NightWorld Wide WebThe World Wide Web achievement in Hasbro Family Game Night worth 37 pointsComplete one game of Scrabble on Xbox LIVE. (Scrabble is only available in NA & English).

and someone really should add/note this in the article
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 14:49
    To those complaining that the price should have been this prior to the shutdown: It was I bought scrabble the day that the servers went down for 400 MSP in order to get that achievement out of the way.
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 15:00
    I'll still buy all of them at some point, and not care about getting one achievement. It sucks yeah, but theres still a lot of GS in those games.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 15:45
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    At least that's one dotw they can't repeat now . F.G.N .
    Because it's not a DotW roll
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 12 at 15:50
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    He means they can't make it dotw because it's reduced permanantly. I love it when smartarses fail. Duh.
  • wbswbs933,638
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 16:00
    This was announced before hand and it was only one achievement on one of the games and this has been discounted before there is really no excuses for not completing it if you wanted to
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 16:26
    DaddyLongLigs said:
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    He means they can't make it dotw because it's reduced permanantly. I love it when smartarses fail. Duh.
    No shit, Sherlock.
    I love it when some random takes the bait, Duh.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty632,574
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 16:36, Edited on 09 May 12 at 16:39 by NawtyCawty
    People should stop bitching about the one unobtainable achievement. If you live outside the US, as most people in the world do, then ALL of the Scrabble achievements are unobtainable anyway. Who really gives a flying f**k??
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414251,292
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 16:41
    Infomouse said:
    Aren't the servers shut down for Family Game Night now?
    Yes. They are.

Nice job, Microsoft. EA.

angry

If nothing else, at least I have the WWW achievement for Scrabble.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,047,601
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 16:55
    DaddyLongLigs said:
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    Not true. Microsoft has put games on the DotW list that have already received a permanent discount in the pass, so Family Game Night could easily still pop up as a future Deal of the Week.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 12 at 17:16
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    DaddyLongLigs said:
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    No shit, Sherlock.
    I love it when some random takes the bait, Duh.
    Yeh of course, it was all a cunning plan lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.