Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

May Sees More Permanent XBL Reductions

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 12 at 17:23
    xPut Name Herex said:
    DaddyLongLigs said:
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    At least that's one dotw they can't repeat now . F.G.N .
    Because it's not a DotW roll
    He means they can't make it dotw because it's reduced permanantly. I love it when smartarses fail. Duh.
    Not true. Microsoft has put games on the DotW list that have already received a permanent discount in the pass, so Family Game Night could easily still pop up as a future Deal of the Week.
    Yeh true, but I was quoting someone else only to make a point ;)
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka278,672
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 17:57
    Manifest95 said:
    Ohioman101 said:
    Microsoft should have discounted the Family Game Night games last month. If I saw that Scrabble was only 400 points last month, I would have definitely bought it just to get the one multiplayer achievement.
    ^This.

If they just did this a week before the servers went down, I would have ended up buying the whole set. But now that I know that there is an discontinued achievement, I probably wont even touch any of them. I'm sure they will still make their money off of this discount for others, but I'm sure a lot of the achievement hunters will stay away due to our sick addiction for completions.
    Completionists unite!!
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 18:37
    They should've cut the prices on these a long time ago. Especially before they that scrabble achievement impossible to get because of servers.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 12 at 19:59
    To all those complaining about the unobtainable achievement. You had over three years to purchase and complete the achievement prior to the server being shut down. We are talking about a game that was discounted so many times on DotW and other sales that it was a joke. And we are talking about an achievement that most people in the civilized world cannot even get because that particular part of the game is unavailable thanks to international copyright laws.

As much as I hate servers being shut off, this one is hard to have sympathy for.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice310,800
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 20:08
    TheDarKnyht said:
    To all those complaining about the unobtainable achievement. You had over three years to purchase and complete the achievement prior to the server being shut down.
    You're making an assumption that everyone buys a game at release. Not the case at all.
  • VoltFieberVoltFieber416,336
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 20:28
    Nothing for me, i still waiting for the Retail Collection of
    Outland,From Dust and Beyond Good & Evil!

3 Games i like to play! (2800Points on XBL)
  • Posted on 09 May 12 at 21:17
    this a funny as fuck xD reducing the dlc when the servers are gone lololoolololoololololololol
    haters gunna hate
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,122,318
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 21:30
    Server closure = sale the following week. No real surprise but it is still a kick to the junk. Might wait on Toy Soldiers until the add-ons go on sale too.
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100194,684
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 22:18
    As has been said a few times (but not nearly as many times as the false complaints), FGN actually was discounted before the servers went down.
  • theman72HGtheman72HG250,330
    Posted on 09 May 12 at 22:23
    Meh.................
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/index.php?referrerid=165734
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo258,507
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 00:00
    Will always recommend ITSP, that game is brilliant epecially with the price drop. The DLC is very challenging requring me to host 4 x TA gaming sessions to actually succeed in 100% the game. Well worth the price tag
    'If at first you don't succeed, you fail' GLaDOS
  • caelichcaelich124,320
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 00:23
    Tempted to get Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Maybe this weekend.
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249682,705
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 02:48
    More EA bs, thats exatcly why i stay away from their games anymore.
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman421,118
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 07:27
    DradusContact said:
    I wouldn't mind the add ons for Toy soldiers if they reduced them
    Same here. I bought TS a while back during a sale for 800 msp and there is a lot of gameplay in it - it's always left me wanting more.
    'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
  • Posted on 10 May 12 at 10:32
    I've been holding off on buying Toy Soldiers. Might get it now.
    I game for achievements. You may or may not. Can we get back on topic?
  • Golgo28Golgo28176,557
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 11:38
    everyone does realize the reason family game night is reduced in price is cause servers are going down.
    It's all the small things,that add up to the truely great things.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice310,800
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 11:46
    Golgo28 said:
    everyone does realize the reason family game night is reduced in price is cause servers are going down.
    Everyone does and they already are
  • joe odelljoe odell230,417
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 13:20
    None of these games really do anything for me so I think I'll pass
  • KillaKevin24KillaKevin24590,066
    Posted on 10 May 12 at 13:55
    Cooke4LadyByng said:
    and greed rears its ugly head once again,if the servers are no more than why is it still being sold? Thanx liberals
    HAHAHAHAHA LOL...............Liberals SUCK!
    Common Sense Isn't Common
  • Arj295Arj295149,219
    Posted on 11 May 12 at 14:50
    Nothing here to interest me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.