Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Zombies!!! (WP) to Get Premium DLC Content

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,843
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:36
    The first WP game to see its achievement list extended

A couple of days ago, Zombies!!! (WP) got another update, "version 1.2" to be precise. All that the update did is add another free ringtone to the game, which can be found under the options menu if you wish to check it out. This doesn't sound particularly exciting now does it? Well, what is exciting is the news that the game will be the first Windows Phone game to receive premium DLC to extend the amount of gamerscore available.

WP Central found out that this new DLC, titled "Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet!", will add 18 new cards, new animations and more to the game. There will also be five new achievements worth a total of 50G, making this the only WP game to have a total of 250G so far.

Zombies!!! is also due to add online multiplayer to its list of gameplay features, but that is not set to be added with the upcoming DLC. It is likely that the multiplayer feature will be added in the next update.

The release date and price for the DLC has not been confirmed, but the add-on is thought to be due within the next couple of months.

Credit goes to GameTagwastaken for this story
  • lord verhlord verh171,844
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:37
    Wish I had a WP.
  • Scary MarcusScary Marcus109,547
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:37
    Nice nice :D
  • TomjehTomjeh1,182,606
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:40
    250gs for a wp game? shock
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:41
    I haven't bought ZOMBIES!! yet but its sounds interesting.
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:46
    I didnt really like the trial but new dlc for any windows phone sounds sweet!
  • DJ 0311DJ 0311266,774
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 13:53
    Will have to pick this one up! DLC is always a plus if it adds achievements.
    Achievement Wh0re
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,312,993
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:01
    DJ 0311 said:
    You think? I dislike most dlc as it is short and often not good/great either. Used as an extra method to make people spend more money. If it's quality/fun I don't mind but to recomplete a game by spending more money and not enjoying it isn't something I like to see.
  • EastXEastX492,650
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:03
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    DJ 0311 said:
    You think? I dislike most dlc as it is short and often not good/great either. Used as an extra method to make people spend more money. If it's quality/fun I don't mind but to recomplete a game by spending more money and not enjoying it isn't something I like to see.
    The real board game has several expansion packs, so why shouldn't the videogame version? This expansion will likely be cheaper than the real life ones, too.
    -Paul Acevedo, WPCentral - and Co-Optimus, yo!
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:07
    I'll have to try the demo now that DLC is on the way
  • Cringer85Cringer85330,967
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:13, Edited on 01 March 12 at 14:15 by Cringer85
    'Premium' DLC. What is the meaning of this word in this case anyway? Might have just called it paid DLC to avoid confusion!

However, the game was surprisingly lots of fun, so I welcome the update - as long as the dlc won't be the same price as the game itself that this..
  • Manifest95Manifest95376,209
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:18
    EastX said:
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    DJ 0311 said:
    The real board game has several expansion packs, so why shouldn't the videogame version? This expansion will likely be cheaper than the real life ones, too.
    Really? A board game with expansion packs? Sorry, I am use to board games such as Monopoly, Operation, and Life, so this is the first I ever heard of this laugh
  • RockoxRockox101,003
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:37
    I don't have a Windows phone, so I really wish this would come out for XBLA. The boardgame is pretty fun.

Manifest95 said:
    Really? A board game with expansion packs? Sorry, I am use to board games such as Monopoly, Operation, and Life, so this is the first I ever heard of this laugh
    Oh man, there are some boardgames out there that have GREAT expansions. I just got the "On the Brink" expansion for Pandemic and it's terrific.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,843
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 14:40, Edited on 01 March 12 at 14:41 by punkyliar
    Cringer85 said:
    'Premium' DLC. What is the meaning of this word in this case anyway? Might have just called it paid DLC to avoid confusion!

However, the game was surprisingly lots of fun, so I welcome the update - as long as the dlc won't be the same price as the game itself that this..
    Premium DLC is usually an extensive add-on to the game and adds achievements in most cases. Paid DLC can be anything from costume packs and background music to storyline extensions or multiplayer map packs. Bug Village already has paid DLC for this game in the form of microtransactions. Zombies!!! will be the first game to receive a significant extension and additional achievements, hence the term premium DLC.
  • PolerandPolerand194,735
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 15:41
    Excellent. Have refrained from purchasing the game due to the price, but online mp and expansions, even if they cist extra, are nice touches and may get me to change my mind.
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 15:46
    I might have to buy the game and the dlc if it's reasonably priced. Games like this are good for the phone. Shooters and games that require quick reflexes are pissing me off on the phone because the controls are always crap.
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/perryboy26][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/perryboy26.png[/
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 16:40
    Good to see a WP game developer taking the time to update and expand a game similar to the iOS development model. Even if it is DLC that I have to buy, good to see that they are supporting their game. Now, a few more Angry Bird levels to work toward 250,000 blocks would be refreshing ...
  • MakkerMakker423,205
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 16:53, Edited on 01 March 12 at 16:54 by Makker
    A lot of DLC simply isn't worth the money (I recognise that some of it is) so I hope this isn't the start of the "bad DLC packs for retail and arcade games" trend now moving to infect WP7 games.

Devs - Make the games good, bug free, reasonably priced at release and without any game/achievement breaking glitches and you'll get so many more sales that you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner smile
  • Posted on 01 March 12 at 17:16
    Makker said:
    A lot of DLC simply isn't worth the money (I recognise that some of it is) so I hope this isn't the start of the "bad DLC packs for retail and arcade games" trend now moving to infect WP7 games.
    Oh don't worry, this DEFINITELY is the start of "bad/ripoff DLC" packs for the WP.

Baronga is a VERY good dev who cares about their fans, so I'm not saying this applies to them. But give it a few months now that they've opened the door, and you'll see rubbish like Cro-Mag Rally and Ghostscape getting DLC.
    Bella Swan is a spoiled brat with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
  • SA1NT JACOBSA1NT JACOB146,128
    Posted on 01 March 12 at 17:29
    dang! everytime i complete a game, they come out with dlc
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.