The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Spring Sale 2021

• Posted on 05 April 21 at 23:33
    Anthony Ajax said:
    Does anyone know if there’s a place to compare to past sales for a title? A lot of these were on sale in Feb, so I’m curious is the deals have gotten better or to keep holding out on some titles.
    You can click on an individual game on trueachievements. The hub will list news about the game, which includes sales.

You can also look at price history at https://psprices.com/region-us/index?platform=XOne
    After you search a game, change the platform drop list to xbox. I think you have to do this every time you search
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan316,756
    Posted on 05 April 21 at 23:53
    PositiveDefinit said:
    Anthony Ajax said:
    Does anyone know if there’s a place to compare to past sales for a title? A lot of these were on sale in Feb, so I’m curious is the deals have gotten better or to keep holding out on some titles.
    You can click on an individual game on trueachievements. The hub will list news about the game, which includes sales.

You can also look at price history at https://psprices.com/region-us/index?platform=XOne
    After you search a game, change the platform drop list to xbox. I think you have to do this every time you search
    xbdeals.net is another one that I’ve used before that is just for Xbox games, if you are on the desktop website it allows you to look at the historic price chart
  • Kerman7Kerman71,019,338
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 01:19
    Well I finally bought ReCore. Played it with GP a while ago and did enjoy it a fair bit. Time to show some love in the hope of a sequel.
    Rock of Ages 3 is a great pick too. Not a popular series but great nevertheless.
    Also those who don't have it, you should get the full Hitman 2 package for that price.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
  • BenderWinBenderWin863,340
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 01:57
    I can see why a lot of people are disappointed in this sale. I feel like there could have been a ton more games that would have made this spring sale worth it. I'd say snagging any of the Lego games or Disney that are in this sale could be worth it!

Still deciding on that Lion king one to go with the disney collection I want to playthrough. At least it gives us all a chance to save up for the next!
  • mosin360mosin360774,730
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 03:06
    Might be time to finally get on that Borderlands 3.
    Buy your digital games/DLC from your favorite Mixer streamer, it really helps support them.
  • Anthony AjaxAnthony Ajax239,573
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 04:21
    PositiveDefinit said:
    Anthony Ajax said:

GT3OptionFan said:
    xbdeals.net is another one that I’ve used before that is just for Xbox games, if you are on the desktop website it allows you to look at the historic price chart
    Thank you both, very much! I really appreciate your replies and will be looking into these tools to determine whether I think this Spring Sale is worth it for some of the titles on my list. I'm sure they will both be very helpful!

@PositiveDefinit, I knew looking up past sales articles was always an option, but it seemed far too tedious a pursuit until knowing for sure if there was a better way to check for a larger list of games.
    Halo 2 RIP 4/15/10.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,688,368
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 07:47
    tsu4311 said:
    Same trash for the same prices
    Pretty much
  • Cratter13Cratter13101,135
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 14:33
    I got Witcher 3 GOTY. Never played it (only for a few minutes the Gamepass version). But 10€ is a fair price I guess. But I won’t buy any other game as Gamepass is good enough for most of my time :)
  • Posted on 06 April 21 at 18:19
    Site not doing the quick completion lists any more?
    Most people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but if you push them down the stairs it brings a smile to your face!
  • RadAdamRadAdam344,692
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 18:50
    I know this is late, but does anyone know which versions of the CoD games I need to buy just for the achievements? I don't need any cosmetics or bonus CoD coins/lootboxes/whatever. But I'd like to play the Single Player (and the Zombies).
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,917
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 00:21
    superniceguy said:
    I have now gotten shop and earn points for the 2nd purchase I made on 29th March.

Purchases made in the sale on 1st April should show on April 6th or 7th, unless they fix the lag, or maybe the sale will slow things even further.

People have been mentioning it on twitter too to Major Nelson, so maybe the issue will escalate now.
    I tried clicking on the ad within the XBox Rewards app. Unfortunately, I did not get my 5K rewards points immediately and am still waiting. I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon Legendary Hero Edition which well exceeds the 50 USD requirement. That was yesterday and I'm still waiting for the points to show up.
  • MiST 1001MiST 1001331,823
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 04:54, Edited on 07 April 21 at 04:55 by Allgorhythm
    MiST 1001 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    At almost 60 USD, it's still more than I would have liked to pay. But I picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon Legendary Hero Edition.
    I think that you'll like it - it's really hilarious.
    I’m sure I will. I’ve been playing the series ever since it came out on the PS2. My favorite is the spin-off, Ishin! (2014). I’ve played the other games on the PS2/3/4. But I’ve really been impressed by the Series X & Like a Dragon’s got Smart Delivery & should look fabulous.
  • bloodlands 666bloodlands 6661,635,021
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 12:13
    superniceguy said:
    francisrossi said:
    bloodlands 666 said:
    Anyone else spend money and not have it count towards the 5k reward quest
    Yup. Contacted them today about it.
    Should get it counted today or tomorrow, if made the purchase on 1st April. Their systems seem to be 5 days slow atm. It should be instant but their usual max time frame is 3 days, so their systems need serious attention.

Microsoft did have major outage on 1st April too. I could not unlock achievements for a bit, then they all unlocked all at once later.
    think was broken for evryone seems to be fixed now
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 13:55
    bloodlands 666 said:
    I did--the day before yesterday. I bought by clicking on the offer on the XBox Rewards app. Still no points and, when I look at the offer, it says, "0/50."
  • MiST 1001MiST 1001331,823
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 19:54
    Picked Pathfinder: Kingmaker hopefully it worth it
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,703
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 22:24
    MiST 1001 said:
    Picked Pathfinder: Kingmaker hopefully it worth it
    I was not impressed during the free weekend but it’s possible it picks up quite a bit later on. The problem with it is that there are about a million quality, cheap titles that compete with it.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf22,152,216
    Posted on 08 April 21 at 09:44
    the usual Xbox sales problem where you buy games in said sale this time Spring and non are added to the amount needed for the reward.
    i see others have had same problems and some are saying a delay of several days before amount spent shows up.
    5 days for two purchases for me now and nothing.
    bit the bullet and bought couple Lego games and the Disney lion king/Aladdin so over the required amount.

had similar happen last few sale/rewards some games just never counted.
    i would have hoped MS/Xbox would have resolved these bugs by now.

started Disney game but waiting to see if reward amount updated for Lego games as will ask for refund if not.

anyway grump old fart's moan over!
    take care all and stay safe
  • bloodlands 666bloodlands 6661,635,021
    Posted on 08 April 21 at 20:16
    Allgorhythm said:
    bloodlands 666 said:
    I did--the day before yesterday. I bought by clicking on the offer on the XBox Rewards app. Still no points and, when I look at the offer, it says, "0/50."
    Buggy i had 9 quid update late from sunday spent another 17 that has not caught up
    think was broken for evryone seems to be fixed now
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads