The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 21 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

  • CanezzaCanezza124,554
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634553,413
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 19:40
    I know this gets reiterated every time, but it's misleading to feature games like Life is Strange and Batman here when the listed completion time is only for the first episode of an episodic game.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz425,799
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 19:44
    Agree with the above. Sure the site stats allows you to filter by completion time to make these lists easier but LiS & Batman etc isnt strictly true.

    Although I suppose most people here are aware of what those games are.

    Also does any know if Last Campfire Achievements issues have been patched? I really can't be arsed these days with trying to do work around for achievements and replays etc.
  • MarekidzeMarekidze214,627
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 19:46
    They relly need add Walking dead Complete final season to Gamepass, or replace old series, with something new! smile
  • ShazanjiShazanji499,511
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 19:56
    I purchased Virginia 2 years ago for the quick completion, and was amazed at how emotional the story was, and how powerful the musical score was. A MUST buy.
    On that cat gang s**t
  • Thief000Thief000854,616
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 20:00
    Ryuukishi634 said:
    I know this gets reiterated every time, but it's misleading to feature games like Life is Strange and Batman here when the listed completion time is only for the first episode of an episodic game.
    Yeah, I have a feeling these lists are auto-generated based on a few parameters and the article just gets written around it without much thought on whether it is accurate.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv653,435
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 21:05
    The Last Campfire is an amazing, beautiful, and excellent game. Your experience with it may vary, but I found it to be profoundly cathartic - I was very depressed at the time I played it and it felt refreshing and made me feel better about life in general.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,189,407
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 21:37
    Easter sale bought..... Zero. Weekly deals got.... Doomsday depoinia, edna n harvey and finally gave in n got bullet beat, xitillon not generous with their discounts!
  • Posted on 06 April 21 at 21:59
    Schinderdiv said:
    The Last Campfire is an amazing, beautiful, and excellent game. Your experience with it may vary, but I found it to be profoundly cathartic - I was very depressed at the time I played it and it felt refreshing and made me feel better about life in general.
    Your comment made me look up reviews and pick it up , thx 🍻
  • RiIeyRiIey470,615
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 22:33
    Skip week
  • WicelowWicelow1,300,902
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 23:07
    That's 3/4 Deponia games for 1,29€ each in the last two weeks...
    Please finish what you've started with Chaos at the same price next week :]
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634553,413
    Posted on 06 April 21 at 23:15
    Shazanji said:
    I purchased Virginia 2 years ago for the quick completion, and was amazed at how emotional the story was, and how powerful the musical score was. A MUST buy.
    Yeah, Virginia is great.
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan738,732
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 00:18
    Brutal Hamsters said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    The Last Campfire is an amazing, beautiful, and excellent game. Your experience with it may vary, but I found it to be profoundly cathartic - I was very depressed at the time I played it and it felt refreshing and made me feel better about life in general.
    Your comment made me look up reviews and pick it up , thx 🍻
    I've been in need of good catharsis longer than the pandemic has been around, even more so over the last year - I'll be looking into it too!
  • Posted on 07 April 21 at 01:25
    Just commenting to give another plug for The Last Campfire. A beautiful game both inside and out. Left me with a lot of feels that lingered long after I earned the 1K. I'm glad that I listened to other people on here who encouraged me to pick it up, so I'm paying those good vibes forward now.

    FiveWizz said:
    Also does any know if Last Campfire Achievements issues have been patched? I really can't be arsed these days with trying to do work around for achievements and replays etc.
    I very recently completed this (~2-3 months ago) and had absolutely zero issues either with unlocking all of the achievements or progressing through the game. Runs perfectly with no bugs or issues to speak of.
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • Watty8883Watty88832,102,536
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 03:06
    No this isn't the 21 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales when several games are missed out in favour of ten hour completions like Life is Strange: Before The Storm and Batman: The Enemy Within.

    What about Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes, at a bargain price, 3-4 hrs . Indiecalypse, Save Your Nuts, Lumini all 2-3 hrs ?

    Such a misleading article don't think you've 'scoured' through the sales.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz425,799
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 08:06
    Fyre Insyde said:
    Just commenting to give another plug for The Last Campfire. A beautiful game both inside and out. Left me with a lot of feels that lingered long after I earned the 1K. I'm glad that I listened to other people on here who encouraged me to pick it up, so I'm paying those good vibes forward now.

    FiveWizz said:
    Also does any know if Last Campfire Achievements issues have been patched? I really can't be arsed these days with trying to do work around for achievements and replays etc.
    I very recently completed this (~2-3 months ago) and had absolutely zero issues either with unlocking all of the achievements or progressing through the game. Runs perfectly with no bugs or issues to speak of.
    Thanks so much. Appreciate that. Will buy it in this sale then. Were their any missable Achievements? Cheers in advance!
  • FalensaranoFalensarano989,341
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 10:59
    Please don’t pay real money for Bear With Me. It’s an awful game. If you like Artifex Mundi games, chances are you won’t like My Brother Rabbit much.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz425,799
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 12:12
    Bear with Me is fine. It's the same as any other point and click game. Same quality of story and gameplay as any others in my opinion. No achievement issues
  • Posted on 07 April 21 at 14:39, Edited on 07 April 21 at 14:40 by Fyre Insyde
    FiveWizz said:
    Fyre Insyde said:
    Just commenting to give another plug for The Last Campfire. A beautiful game both inside and out. Left me with a lot of feels that lingered long after I earned the 1K. I'm glad that I listened to other people on here who encouraged me to pick it up, so I'm paying those good vibes forward now.

    FiveWizz said:
    Also does any know if Last Campfire Achievements issues have been patched? I really can't be arsed these days with trying to do work around for achievements and replays etc.
    I very recently completed this (~2-3 months ago) and had absolutely zero issues either with unlocking all of the achievements or progressing through the game. Runs perfectly with no bugs or issues to speak of.
    Thanks so much. Appreciate that. Will buy it in this sale then. Were their any missable Achievements? Cheers in advance!
    I don't believe any are missable as I think you can backtrack to earlier areas for the collectibles and such. I used this guy's walkthrough for an easy, clean run. He picks up every collectible in the game (though you don't even need them all to get all the achievements, as there's no achievement tied to getting every last collectible). Hope this helps. I've used his channel for several indie games and have always had great success. Definitely worth subscribing!
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • FalensaranoFalensarano989,341
    Posted on 07 April 21 at 15:25
    FiveWizz said:
    Bear with Me is fine. It's the same as any other point and click game. Same quality of story and gameplay as any others in my opinion. No achievement issues
    I found it was poorly constructed and the interface is terrible. Dialogue is overdone and kept cutting out. If you like point and click, there are 100 better ones out there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.