Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Contest: Win a Bethesda Xbox controller by unlocking achievements

  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,500,401
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 18:13
    I could 100% complete 3 Bethesda games during this contest and still win nothing lol
    I like stuff
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley645,463
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 18:39
    It'll be similar to the MS Series X Comp a while back.

    A lot of new Tags will win these controllers. Fair play and each to their own but it's a bit weird.
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,199,715
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 18:42
    Amazingly I've only played a single game off this list but also...I have a job.
  • WcG iFredy29WcG iFredy29398,588
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 20:00
    I really hate things like this, again no loyalty, things like this should be for major fans of the games and long time xbox network players. This only benefits people who have never played the games or people new to xbox (or even people who make new accounts)
    -WcG iFredy29
  • Gazza 94Gazza 94485,711
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 20:17
    Most of these games i have played through and got most of the Achievements. Also, Playing 200+ hours for a 0.01% chance of winning a £50 🎮 doesn't seem worth it.
  • Chronic KillerChronic Killer2,499,781
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 20:20
    Ironic because only the ppl who aren't fans of bethesda games and haven't played them, will have a chance to win. They did something similar with ea games in feburary.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483254,793
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 21:52
    What a bullshit "competition" 😂
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 22:32, Edited on 09 April 21 at 22:35 by Decaying Dead
    the whole point of these is to get more ppl interested. The fans of Bethesda/these games have already played them so they wont make more profit from you until something new comes out. They want to attract new ppl and a "look, shiney new controller. play these games to win!" is an attempt to grab the attention from all those who would have otherwise never looked at them. its the same deal as restaurants giving a free dessert to first-time customers. they aren't trying to disrespect their regulars, they want to give incentive to new ppl to step inside. this is just business. though sadly they will end up going to fans that have a secondary account and nothing else to do with their time, assuming it is a legit competition with real prizes...
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan735,395
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 22:45
    Decaying Dead said:
    the whole point of these is to get more ppl interested. The fans of Bethesda/these games have already played them so they wont make more profit from you until something new comes out. They want to attract new ppl and a "look, shiney new controller. play these games to win!" is an attempt to grab the attention from all those who would have otherwise never looked at them. its the same deal as restaurants giving a free dessert to first-time customers. they aren't trying to disrespect their regulars, they want to give incentive to new ppl to step inside. this is just business. though sadly they will end up going to fans that have a secondary account and nothing else to do with their time, assuming it is a legit competition with real prizes...
    You're right about their motives, of course - but as a regular customer, it IS hard not to feel left out/disrespected when they do stuff like this. I feel the same way when they give Rewards quests to win achievements in games I've already bought and completed. There's also no reason they couldn't throw their loyal customers a bone and give us some Rewards points when they do these type of contests.

    Of course, if they do want to get money from us, they could just sell the controllers....
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 23:00
    Well considering Bethesda is my favourite game studio there isn't many game I haven't played and 100% completed all the achievement on, so guess I'm out lol, cool controllers though
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 23:56
    Another awesome competition that rewards people that have no responsibilites and no financial restraints, instead of their loyal fans

    ...Just like the "Hall of Fame"
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 23:58
    Stevo6483 said:
    What a bullshit "competition" 😂
    This. Even Texas doesn't have this much bullshit
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77628,766
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 00:34
    x The Horrorist said:
    yaay fun too be a norwgian on xbl we are never eligeble for any contest,the 10.000 ms reward points challenge etc.....Shame shame shame??
    Yeah it sucks to never be able to participate in these kind of contests but at least you guys have access to the Rewards program, Denmark do not & from the look of things we probably never will roll
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open" -- Frank Zappa
  • Dalton RSCADalton RSCA797,084
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 00:41
    Everyone who owns gamepass in EACH country should be able to join.
  • Achieve BeanAchieve Bean138,480
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 01:17
    So do Windows 10 stacks count for this?
    my plan is to unlock every possible achievement in everything i play, theoretical 100%
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan735,395
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 02:11
    Achieve Bean said:
    So do Windows 10 stacks count for this?
    I mean this constructively, don't take offense - but please take a couple of minutes to read through the actual article and prior discussion in a thread before posting. Your question is answered in the last paragraph, and also on page one of the comments: only achievements earned on XBox consoles are eligible.
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,500,401
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 02:39
    JKSullivan said:
    I mean this constructively, don't take offense - but please take a couple of minutes to read through the actual article and prior discussion in a thread before posting. Your question is answered in the last paragraph, and also on page one of the comments: only achievements earned on XBox consoles are eligible.
    I didn't read any of the article or your post. Does windows 10 stack count for this? lol
    I like stuff
  • Achieve BeanAchieve Bean138,480
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 03:05, Edited on 10 April 21 at 03:13 by Achieve Bean
    JKSullivan said:
    Achieve Bean said:
    So do Windows 10 stacks count for this?
    I mean this constructively, don't take offense - but please take a couple of minutes to read through the actual article and prior discussion in a thread before posting. Your question is answered in the last paragraph, and also on page one of the comments: only achievements earned on XBox consoles are eligible.
    I'd have loved to have read the article if it was working for me when I made this comment, but my phone wasn't loading the page correctly. Most discussion in comments is never useful so I don't really care to read through it, especially when there's 50 of them. Thanks though.
    my plan is to unlock every possible achievement in everything i play, theoretical 100%
  • JKSullivanJKSullivan735,395
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 03:21, Edited on 10 April 21 at 03:23 by JKSullivan
    Y2Kasper10 said:
    JKSullivan said:
    I mean this constructively, don't take offense - but please take a couple of minutes to read through the actual article and prior discussion in a thread before posting. Your question is answered in the last paragraph, and also on page one of the comments: only achievements earned on XBox consoles are eligible.
    I didn't read any of the article or your post. Does windows 10 stack count for this? lol
    It’s people like you wot cause unrest.....
  • Posted on 10 April 21 at 03:50
    JKSullivan said:
    Decaying Dead said:
    the whole point of these is to get more ppl interested. The fans of Bethesda/these games have already played them so they wont make more profit from you until something new comes out. They want to attract new ppl and a "look, shiney new controller. play these games to win!" is an attempt to grab the attention from all those who would have otherwise never looked at them. its the same deal as restaurants giving a free dessert to first-time customers. they aren't trying to disrespect their regulars, they want to give incentive to new ppl to step inside. this is just business. though sadly they will end up going to fans that have a secondary account and nothing else to do with their time, assuming it is a legit competition with real prizes...
    You're right about their motives, of course - but as a regular customer, it IS hard not to feel left out/disrespected when they do stuff like this. I feel the same way when they give Rewards quests to win achievements in games I've already bought and completed. There's also no reason they couldn't throw their loyal customers a bone and give us some Rewards points when they do these type of contests.

    Of course, if they do want to get money from us, they could just sell the controllers....
    oh i completely agree. They could have easily made 2 sets of each and made one set for just the most achievements of all their games on that list regardless of time. It might have been hard to track that, but definitely not impossible. And since these are just a matter of painting the cases of the controllers, it would be real easy to sell these, but that makes them less like collectors items, for whatever that matters to them.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.