Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Outriders review

• Posted on 09 April 21 at 16:49
    Outriders is seemingly off to a pretty strong start, but is it any good? Yes... at least when the online aspect allows it to be. Here's our squad's take on People Can Fly's new sci-fi action-RPG.

Please click here to read the full story: Outriders review
  • eayragteayragt229,220
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:01
    Good review. Setting a high standard with 50 hours and all achievements earned, but at least people can't use that against the interview.
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:02
    So "polish" is something that happens 6-12 months following release. Fine with me because waiting to buy saves me money.
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • oslo2oslo296,734
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:03
    I'll play it when it's on Game Pass PC
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:04
    "I literally only sold enough junk to unlock Hard Bargainer before I went back to breaking everything down, which is way more beneficial."

No. It's only beneficial to dismantle items when you need their mods. After that, SELL SELL SELL everything. After about 3/4 through the story you can buy Titanium from Baily in most camps. This is by far the easiest way to obtain tons of it and you'll need lots for upgrading Epics/Legendaries and for selling it to buy Drop Pod Resources.
    Walk the plank Rebel scum!
  • oaksproutoaksprout484,035
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:07
    oslo2 said:
    It's on Game Pass PC already.
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:09, Edited on 09 April 21 at 18:47 by BadRubberPiggy
    ICE Faux Pirate said:
    "I literally only sold enough junk to unlock Hard Bargainer before I went back to breaking everything down, which is way more beneficial."

No. It's only beneficial to dismantle items when you need their mods. After that, SELL SELL SELL everything. After about 3/4 through the story you can buy Titanium from Baily in most camps. This is by far the easiest way to obtain tons of it and you'll need lots for upgrading Epics/Legendaries and for selling it to buy Drop Pod Resources.
    I beg to differ. I get tons of Titanium anyway, and the Shards you get from breaking stuff down are vital for maxing out gear, and there's no other way of getting them. I do sell the odd thing if I've already got stacks of the type of Shard it would give, but that's about it.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL921,244
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:09
    This game has already aged like milk to me tbh. It does a lot of things decent, but absolutely nothing extremely well IMHO. I'll be surprised if this game is still in the top 30 by the end of the month tbh. It's worth playing ONLY if you have gamepass... whatever that is and isn't worth.
  • oslo2oslo296,734
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:13
    oaksprout said:
    oslo2 said:
    Nope only on console sadly cry
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:16
    This game is not "Digital Only" btw. You can buy Physical copies too
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,712
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:20
    It's nice reading from a reviewer that could actually play the game LOL. The youtube reviewers I watch delayed their review because they couldn't get thru an entire match without DC or freezing.
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:20
    DarkDragonEye7 said:
    I didn't even notice that... fixed now, thanks for the heads-up!
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:26
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    DarkDragonEye7 said:
    I didn't even notice that... fixed now, thanks for the heads-up!
    Np, keep up the great work toast
  • oaksproutoaksprout484,035
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:32
    oslo2 said:
    oaksprout said:
    oslo2 said:
    Ah, seeing it marked as Game Pass for PC on the game page and it being on the list for games on Game Pass for PC on TA led me to believe that it was indeed on there but after further research it seems that you were right and its not on Game Pass for PC yet, my apologies.
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:36
    oaksprout said:
    oslo2 said:
    oaksprout said:
    oslo2 said:
    Ah, seeing it marked as Game Pass for PC on the game page and it being on the list for games on Game Pass for PC on TA led me to believe that it was indeed on there but after further research it seems that you were right and its not on Game Pass for PC yet, my apologies.
    Thanks folks, have fixed that on the game page as well now!
  • xXVanitasXxxXVanitasXx538,220
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:38
    This game has definitely got my eyes on it, but I've been putting it off in skepticism until I heard more solid positive things about it. 4/5 rating? A reasonable 50 hour completion unlike some grindy chore of a game like Destiny? You've got my attention. Time to start getting the value out of my game pass sub and download this asap. Thanks for the review. 👍
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou306,712
    Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:43
    So If I wait a month or so until things work as intended can I solo this game or do I need to make friends to enjoy this?
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:46, Edited on 09 April 21 at 17:47 by Fyre Insyde
    SheBeatsYou said:
    So If I wait a month or so until things work as intended can I solo this game or do I need to make friends to enjoy this?
    I cam here to ask this very question. If this is light-years away from Destiny 2 in terms of grind and time commitment, and it can more or less be done solo, I might actually consider a full purchase. The screens are compelling enough ngl.
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:46
    SheBeatsYou said:
    You can solo easily.
  • Posted on 09 April 21 at 17:47
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Entire main game and 1,000G both easily soloable as you can adjust the World Tier any time to make it as easy or challenging as you like. For the optional endgame stuff, you will almost certainly need a team if you want to reach Challenge Tier 15 and the final Expedition.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.