The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Spring Sale 2021: Cheapest ever games, DLC, and bundles

• N30YRDN30YRD590,135
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 06:52
    SheBeatsYou said:
    N30YRD said:
    Sniper elite 3... Why a fucking steal, shame I've finished it
    Can't believe I didn't notice that thanks nabbed it.

Not gonna be surprised if this is a GWG game soon like the second one was BITD but that deals a steal for sure damn.
    Anyone who doesn't buy it at that price with all DLC is bonkers, if it comes to GwG I'd happily take it again and help alot of people get it complete
  • N30YRDN30YRD590,135
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 06:54
    JamP0und32 said:
    N30YRD said:
    For sure, after having the ultimate edition on 360 on disc which one of the dlcs doesn’t unlock achievements, this is a great alternative.
    I'm glad you said that about the 360 version, as I was looking to get it and boost it for a stack
  • Posted on 10 April 21 at 08:41
    N30YRD said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    N30YRD said:
    For sure, after having the ultimate edition on 360 on disc which one of the dlcs doesn’t unlock achievements, this is a great alternative.
    I'm glad you said that about the 360 version, as I was looking to get it and boost it for a stack
    You can still complete it with the 360 Ultimate Edition, you just gotta buy Saving Churchill 3 Digitally. I found a UE disc copy for 5.00 then had to buy the Grey Wolf and Churchill 3 DLC for the 100%. All in I'd say maybe $14.00 total for everything if you watch for a sale.
    Love Title Updates, new achievements without spending a dime!
  • benvegbenveg586,537
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 11:36
    When Sniper Elite 3 Complete Edition?
  • MarekidzeMarekidze214,743
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 12:24
    Not worth ask for Goat simulator/360 price cut 😂, but wanted X1 bundle on sale! cry angry
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm470,692
  • LoneSt4r1836LoneSt4r1836518,116
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 14:33
    Allgorhythm said:
    I thought Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition was quite the bargain @ 11.99 USD & picked it up. Has there been a better price in the past?
    No, that's a great deal. I bought the dlcs individually in sales and paid more than that. Should have waited longer as I haven't even started the game which I bought like 2 yrs ago.

I bought the Railway Empire Complete Collection. 26USD for the game and all 8 DLC is a deal even though I already owned to base game. This was only released last year and has never been on sale to my knowledge, but still cheaper than buying the dlc individually on sale this week for 37USD total. It will probably be cheaper in the future, but I waited over 2 years for a dlc collection so I can complete the game.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion759,590
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 14:46, Edited on 10 April 21 at 14:49 by Boots Orion
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I thought Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition was quite the bargain @ 11.99 USD & picked it up. Has there been a better price in the past?
    No, that's a great deal. I bought the dlcs individually in sales and paid more than that. Should have waited longer as I haven't even started the game which I bought like 2 yrs ago.

I bought the Railway Empire Complete Collection. 26USD for the game and all 8 DLC is a deal even though I already owned to base game. This was only released last year and has never been on sale to my knowledge, but still cheaper than buying the dlc individually on sale this week for 37USD total. It will probably be cheaper in the future, but I waited over 2 years for a dlc collection so I can complete the game.
    This is too funny. While with Kingdom Come, I only bought the Complete Edition recently, and for the price it is during this sale, I have bought so many games over the years for prices I thought could never be beat only to have then go way lower before I got around to playing them.

50% off used to be a killer deal. 67% used to be the best you could ever hope for. Now, if you're willing to wait a year or two, games regularly go on sale for 75% off, and every now and then will hit 80-90%.

Anyway, I have some games that I purchased 5-6 years ago that I still haven't started, so I don't feel the need to get anything unless it is in a series I'm already invested in.

Finally, does anyone know if the Sniper 3 Ultimate Edition includes All DLC? It doesn't appear to include a 4th DLC, and if that is true: a) it isn't much of an Ultimate Edition and b) it is no longer as good a deal.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 14:50
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    This is the kind of game I like. It should keep me occupied for a couple of hundred hours of play if not more. I've got Mass Effect Legendary Edition to look forward to in May. After that, I plan to immerse myself in Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 14:55
    Allgorhythm said:
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    This is the kind of game I like. It should keep me occupied for a couple of hundred hours of play if not more. I've got Mass Effect Legendary Edition to look forward to in May. After that, I plan to immerse myself in Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    With the way TA is becoming overpopulated with people who only care about accumulating GS/TA as quickly as possible, I'm happy to see that there are still people who enjoy getting immersed in the games themselves. toast
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 15:13
    Boots Orion said:
    With the way TA is becoming overpopulated with people who only care about accumulating GS/TA as quickly as possible, I'm happy to see that there are still people who enjoy getting immersed in the games themselves. toast
    Thanks. To me, the most important thing is game immersion. I have a personal policy of avoiding post-game play purely for the sake of mopping up achievements. I will play a lot more inefficiently to get all the non-story achievements out of the way before finishing the story--trying to ensure the last achievement is the one for finishing the story. I also have a policy of playing on the most challenging difficulty available. This also is often the less efficient way of playing especially in games with a lot of collectibles.

I haven't written many walkthroughs but the few I have reflect this philosophy although I dispense with my inefficient lolly-gagging and replace it with a super-streamlined way to accumulate all achievements while immersed in the game's story. My most recent is Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Walkthrough. Quite immodestly, I like to feel that not only does it provide a smooth roadmap to all achievements but it also presents the game in a manner in which players can best immerse themselves in a well-written story and enjoy it.
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 15:24
    I don't mind some mopping up, depending on the game. I won't do it for collectibles - like you I'll try to go for them in the first run through. With some collectibles, you basically have to do a fun run-through of a game to get them, and I'm not a fan of multiple playthroughs. I'd rather spend my time on a "new" game than spend another 20+ hours going for 1 or two achievements.

Anyway, the kind of mop up I don't mind are the task related ones that you see in games like Assassin's Creed (e.g., kill 5 guards using X) as the mop up is pretty straight forward and quick.

I still love achievements, but I don't want them to be the reason I'm playing a game. I use walkthroughs to help get me out of jams if I'm stuck, but I don't want to be paying more attention to the walk-through than the game. In my opinion, you're missing the point if that's what your doing.
  • LoneSt4r1836LoneSt4r1836518,116
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 15:43
    Allgorhythm said:
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    That's why I haven't played it yet. I need to find time to devote to it. I want to play it but I have many other games that I need to finish first. Plus I'm waiting till I buy a Xbox series X in the hopes that it will run better on that platform.

And no the Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate edition does not have all dlc. It is missing one 8USD dlc. 4 dollars is still a damn good deal even if it's not complete. I paid 10USD a couple of months ago for it.
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 15:58
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    That's why I haven't played it yet. I need to find time to devote to it. I want to play it but I have many other games that I need to finish first. Plus I'm waiting till I buy a Xbox series X in the hopes that it will run better on that platform.
    I'm sure it will. Everything so far has been great. The Outer Worlds has some of the longest loading screens. You can literally get yourself a cup of coffee & come back before the loading finishes. On the Series X, when I played the latest DLC, the loading screens took a few seconds.
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 16:11, Edited on 10 April 21 at 16:12 by Boots Orion
    LoneSt4r1836 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    LoneSt4r1836 said:

And no the Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate edition does not have all dlc. It is missing one 8USD dlc. 4 dollars is still a damn good deal even if it's not complete. I paid 10USD a couple of months ago for it.
    That's the way I am too. Too many games I want to get to before I hop into games like Kingdom Come. Last month, I finally got through the Game Pass games that I was most interested in (that I don't own), and now I'm trying to focus on 360 games that I yet to get into. My plan is to blitz through most of them without worrying too much about miscellaneous achievements.

Thanks for the info about Sniper 3. I'm not arguing that 90% off for the rest of the game isn't a great deal. I just have too many other things to play already. $12 for a complete edition is a good deal too, I just don't need another game I'm only sort of interested in. $5 for everything would have been tempting though! haha
  • N30YRDN30YRD590,135
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 16:29
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    N30YRD said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    N30YRD said:
    You can still complete it with the 360 Ultimate Edition, you just gotta buy Saving Churchill 3 Digitally. I found a UE disc copy for 5.00 then had to buy the Grey Wolf and Churchill 3 DLC for the 100%. All in I'd say maybe $14.00 total for everything if you watch for a sale.
    The price of the 360 version of Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition is ridiculous in the UK... Cheapest one I saw was £14
  • Anthony AjaxAnthony Ajax158,422
    Posted on 10 April 21 at 23:57, Edited on 11 April 21 at 23:47 by Anthony Ajax
    SweetArkhane said:
    Could we get access to historical price data?
    I, too, would like to know this data. Decisions are best made when fully informed, especially financial ones. Like, I want to know what the cheapest Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has eve been. Or ARK: SE Explorer’s Edition... how does this price compare to previous sales. Should I wait if I’m not going to play it right away?

Allgorhythm said:
    Thanks. To me, the most important thing is game immersion. I have a personal policy of avoiding post-game play purely for the sake of mopping up achievements. I will play a lot more inefficiently to get all the non-story achievements out of the way before finishing the story--trying to ensure the last achievement is the one for finishing the story. I also have a policy of playing on the most challenging difficulty available. This also is often the less efficient way of playing especially in games with a lot of collectibles.

I haven't written many walkthroughs but the few I have reflect this philosophy although I dispense with my inefficient lolly-gagging and replace it with a super-streamlined way to accumulate all achievements while immersed in the game's story. My most recent is Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Walkthrough. Quite immodestly, I like to feel that not only does it provide a smooth roadmap to all achievements but it also presents the game in a manner in which players can best immerse themselves in a well-written story and enjoy it.
    This. This right here. Achievements are fun (sometimes), but the whole point of playing a game is to enjoy the experience, just like a pricey meal or a good drink. I feel like sometimes the TA community loses sight of that on the games with truly well-written, immersive stories. Achievements should be an afterthought, like when we tried to find all secrets and do 100% playthroughs AFTER we stayed up all night on he weekend playing our new game trying to beat it whilst losing track of time in our excitement, story immersion, and emotional connections to our favorite characters.
    Also, using a SSD on the one mitigates most loading screen issues.

Edit: so you’re telling me Witch 3 GOTY has been cheaper than $10? And Bioshock: The Collection as well at the same price? All the CODs have been cheaper before? Darks Souls, Extinction, Fallout, Destiny 2 DLCs, Tomb Raiders, NMS, the list goes on, etc etc... if these have all been cheaper please supply the data so we can see the dates and determine if it’s worthwhile to purchase in the future when things roll around to previous lows, if we aren’t going to be playing these anytime soon.

Edit 2: Did some research and there are quite a few titles missing from this list that are indeed at their lowest sales price ever or lowest previous price, including some of the games from my previous edit (Witcher, Bioshock, Castlevania LoS). If another achievement tracking site/community (Exophase) can have historic prices on game pages, I don’t see why TA can’t provide that data when you are supposed to be the leader in this area of expertise AND have it all dispersed throughout the site already (albeit searching for past sales here is incredibly difficult from my end as searching news needs streamlining).

And finally a big thank you to WilliamRSPOA below me for providing me with a very useful resource to aid in solving my issue. =)
    Halo 2 RIP 4/15/10.
  • WilliamRSPOAWilliamRSPOA382,539
    Posted on 11 April 21 at 03:34
    Anthony Ajax said:
    SweetArkhane said:
    Could we get access to historical price data?
    I, too, would like to know this data. Decisions are best made when fully informed, especially financial ones. Like, I want to know what the cheapest Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has eve been. Or ARK: SE Explorer’s Edition... how does this price compare to previous sales. Should I wait if I’m not going to play it right away?

Allgorhythm said:

This. This right here. Achievements are fun (sometimes), but the whole point of playing a game is to enjoy the experience, just like a pricey meal or a good drink. I feel like sometimes the TA community loses sight of that on the games with truly well-written, immersive stories. Achievements should be an afterthought, like when we tried to find all secrets and do 100% playthroughs AFTER we stayed up all night on he weekend playing our new game trying to beat it whilst losing track of time in our excitement, story immersion, and emotional connections to our favorite characters.
    Also, using a SSD on the one mitigates most loading screen issues.

Edit: so you’re telling me Witch 3 GOTY has been cheaper than $10? And Bioshock: The Collection as well at the same price? All the CODs have been cheaper before? Darks Souls, Extinction, Fallout, Destiny 2 DLCs, Tomb Raiders, NMS, the list goes on, etc etc... if these have all been cheaper please supply the data so we can see the dates and determine if it’s worthwhile to purchase in the future when things roll around to previous lows, if we aren’t going to be playing these anytime soon.
    I don't know if it's okay to post another site link here but I use a site named PSPrices to see the history of the prices. It has the prices of Xbox and some other plataforms too, it also shows prices for a lot of regions.

Really useful!
  • rad fadrad fad344,086
    Posted on 11 April 21 at 03:52
    This may be a dumb question, but how can I tell if I own the Halo Reach and ODST add-ons? Do they automatically install because I'm a game pass subscriber?
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane893,346
    Posted on 11 April 21 at 04:18
    rad fad said:
    This may be a dumb question, but how can I tell if I own the Halo Reach and ODST add-ons? Do they automatically install because I'm a game pass subscriber?
    Did you buy them? If yes, you surely own them, but they won't auto install, whether it's on PC or Xbox.
    Same if you just own them via Game Pass.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.