Genre Discussion: Rain on Your Parade

A messageboard for all things genres

Rain on Your Parade Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: Rain on Your Parade

  • Posted on 16 April 21 at 02:43
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

    If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Posted on 16 April 21 at 02:44
    Puzzle right? I guess it's really the only one that fits the criteria?
    youtube.com/GamePadStreaming twitch.tv/TheGamePadStreaming
  • IceeLadyIceeLady109,690
    Posted on 18 April 21 at 05:38
    Smoky Brenneth said:
    Puzzle right? I guess it's really the only one that fits the criteria?
    Wouldn’t it be considered RPG? It’s a comedy, but didn’t see a genre.
    IceeLady
  • MoogourouMoogourou286,418
    Posted on 18 April 21 at 07:50
    Same genre as Donut County so I voted Puzzle but it doesn't match exactly. May also be compared to Katamari which has the "Action" genre. And some levels require stealth, but it's not the core gameplay.
  • Posted on 18 April 21 at 21:52
    IceeLady said:
    Smoky Brenneth said:
    Puzzle right? I guess it's really the only one that fits the criteria?
    Wouldn’t it be considered RPG? It’s a comedy, but didn’t see a genre.
    Gameplay genre, not content genre 😅

    RPG doesn't fit (see the on-site definitions)

    Moogourou said:
    Same genre as Donut County so I voted Puzzle but it doesn't match exactly. May also be compared to Katamari which has the "Action" genre. And some levels require stealth, but it's not the core gameplay.
    I think you're right, definitely has Donut County vibes; I'd say that puzzle is the "dominant" gameplay element. I'd describe it such before describing it as action
    youtube.com/GamePadStreaming twitch.tv/TheGamePadStreaming
  • VanGekoVanGeko496,760
    Posted on 28 April 21 at 00:46
    on steam it has simulation, adventure and puzzle
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76596,258
    Posted on 28 April 21 at 09:02, Edited on 28 April 21 at 09:03 by SilentJay76
    VanGeko said:
    on steam it has simulation, adventure and puzzle
    I don't know how Steam categorizes things. But if this is a simulation then every game ever released would be a simulation of something. wink

    I don't think Adventure fits either, since most levels are completely separate.

    I'd say that Puzzle is the main genre. But I added Action for the "destroy everything for points" levels and the general gameplay.
  • Posted on 25 May 21 at 11:30
    Kerman7 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    Seeing this categorised as Puzzle is a good laugh, thanks for that :)

    Rest assured any puzzle amateur playing this based on the genre will be completely disappointed.
    It is a bag of mini-games, none qualifying as solving a puzzle. I don't believe I played anything like it on Xbox but a game that comes to mind is WarioWare Touched! on the DS.
    It is highly Action orientated.
  • NajayNajay15,054
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 11:57
    We're here for laughs, so you're very welcome.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,134,551
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 22:22
    Puzzle 59
    Adventure 14
    Action 7

    A lot of comedians voting 👀
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Kerman7Kerman7787,068
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 23:32
    It's almost as if a reality TV star could get elected president of a big country.

    I was only laughing at the result, but if you want to defend the process that was used to get there be my guest, I'm not getting involved. We can have that conversation the day the whole genre data field gets overhauled on TA.
    The current setting is incorrect and misleading and I've voiced my disagreement. That's it for me.
    Up to the team to decide what to do. They control the credibility of that field on TA.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,134,551
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 23:50
    I'm not saying they're right or you're right, I just found it amusing given your disagreement that Puzzle had such a huge lead, honestly.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Kerman7Kerman7787,068
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 00:23
    Glad I'm not the only one amused then :)
    I don't know where you see those numbers but I'm not surprised mind you. It is a byproduct of how Genres are managed on the site.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
  • NajayNajay15,054
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 10:09
    Those numbers are the votes for the game, which genre members are able to see, aka myself and Blue Slime.
  • Posted on 27 May 21 at 15:38
    Kerman7 said:
    It's almost as if a reality TV star could get elected president of a big country.

    I was only laughing at the result, but if you want to defend the process that was used to get there be my guest, I'm not getting involved. We can have that conversation the day the whole genre data field gets overhauled on TA.
    The current setting is incorrect and misleading and I've voiced my disagreement. That's it for me.
    Up to the team to decide what to do. They control the credibility of that field on TA.
    Kerman7 said:
    Glad I'm not the only one amused then :)
    I don't know where you see those numbers but I'm not surprised mind you. It is a byproduct of how Genres are managed on the site.
    Step up. Let's hear your plan for genres, if you don't like the process.
    Genre team is always accepting applications as well...
  • CjhCarter vLCjhCarter vL1,007,127
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 16:51
    "These games conceptually challenge the player to use logic to approach and solve situations."

    I wouldn't say you're necessarily using logic anywhere throughout the levels, but more so going around mindlessly trying to make it rain on people as they're running away (with time limits abundant) - which I suppose this characteristic would fall somewhere under "timing, precision and reaction speed." Most of the minigames would also fall under the Action genre too, such as the brick breaker one or the several levels where you just simply have to run to the end and avoid things shooting at you.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u633YwgtAA

    I agree with adding Action and removing Puzzle personally.
  • Posted on 27 May 21 at 19:10
    Well thought out and presented. toast
  • NajayNajay15,054
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 21:50
    CjhCarter vL said:
    "These games conceptually challenge the player to use logic to approach and solve situations."

    I wouldn't say you're necessarily using logic anywhere throughout the levels, but more so going around mindlessly trying to make it rain on people as they're running away (with time limits abundant) - which I suppose this characteristic would fall somewhere under "timing, precision and reaction speed." Most of the minigames would also fall under the Action genre too, such as the brick breaker one or the several levels where you just simply have to run to the end and avoid things shooting at you.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u633YwgtAA

    I agree with adding Action and removing Puzzle personally.
    Now that's what we call an actual disagreement.

    Thank you so much for putting in effort and existing x
  • CjhCarter vLCjhCarter vL1,007,127
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 22:21, Edited on 27 May 21 at 22:31 by CjhCarter vL
    No problem. smile

    I try my best to contribute to these if I feel like I have something useful to say, also have been curious about this one since the game was released but was too lazy to make a disagreement for it at the time. laugh

    Regarding Donut County, I feel like there's a slight difference as you have to stop and think and sort of "plan" what items go into the hole as you're going around in the levels. There's very minor puzzle elements but it might be enough to warrant the tag. That one's harder to pinpoint and I can see that one going either way to be honest.
  • Kerman7Kerman7787,068
    Posted on 28 May 21 at 03:49
    Some of you are rather touchy. I made a comment regarding the genre saying I found it funny. That says nothing about anything else. Something can be funny or not, regardless of whether it was intended to be.
    I'll happily admit it wasn't necessary and could have done without but I thought it was an innocent funny comment. Didn't think it would be taken personally. Staff recruitment have previously said that "good candidates MUST work well with others". Taking things personally when they are not, using sarcastic or confrontational responses, are not signs of working well with others.
    If you misread my first sentence, just ignore it, now you know what it was. I'm sorry I put it in trying to make the disagreement lighthearted.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.