Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft reveals next batch of Xbox Series X|S FPS Boost games

• halohogghalohogg120,744
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 12:50
    A Faster Way To Die - sounds like a Bond title.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 April 21 at 15:00
    is this FPS boost active now? was planning to start BF5 these weekend
    Creating ‘dawn–inspired by gaming’
  • FireRaiser1985FireRaiser19851,308,957
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 15:08
    MyNamelsNotJohn said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    MyNamelsNotJohn said:
    Dude can’t wait to get a good 120hz tv this summer, Titanfall 2 above 60fps is the dream, it already runs so great so I’m excited for that
    LG CX!
    I’m on the fence about OLED since I play a lot of the same games so concerned about burn in, I’m waiting to see what new models are coming out and how they compare to the drawbacks of last years’
    Actually no need to worry about burn in with the LG CX. https://youtu.be/Ffu-Py5CQG4
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR335,553
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 16:18
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    Oof lowering res. As someone who's fine with a stable 30fps, I hope they will keep releasing resolution boosts in the future as well.
    Same here. I don't get this sudden FPS-fetish.
    I don't get the resolution fetish. What's the point of 4K/30? It's like you're driving a lamborghini on gravel.
    We've had good resolutions for a long time but frame rates are just now starting to become decent. It's time.
  • erod550erod5501,511,076
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 16:35, Edited on 23 April 21 at 16:35 by erod550
    MyNamelsNotJohn said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    MyNamelsNotJohn said:
    Dude can’t wait to get a good 120hz tv this summer, Titanfall 2 above 60fps is the dream, it already runs so great so I’m excited for that
    LG CX!
    I’m on the fence about OLED since I play a lot of the same games so concerned about burn in, I’m waiting to see what new models are coming out and how they compare to the drawbacks of last years’
    Just do it. The CX was as big of an upgrade for me over my old 4K tv as the Series X was. Absolutely beautiful. And I play a lot of games like racing games (static speedometer) and sports games (static score interfaces) and have no hints of any burn-in. The TV does a good job of dimming itself when idle for more than a minute or two and so does the Xbox itself. Just get it if you have the means. You won't be sorry.
  • xenomorphsxenomorphs708,815
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 16:42
    Let me get this straight fps boost games the resolution drops to 1080p
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar509,966
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 17:46, Edited on 23 April 21 at 17:47 by Shad0wdar
    AxeL R GR said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    Oof lowering res. As someone who's fine with a stable 30fps, I hope they will keep releasing resolution boosts in the future as well.
    I don't get the resolution fetish. What's the point of 4K/30? It's like you're driving a lamborghini on gravel.
    We've had good resolutions for a long time but frame rates are just now starting to become decent. It's time.
    With some exceptions, I want my games to look pretty. I'll choose res or graphics over 60/120 fps any day, except maybe for some fighting games. If it can run at 4k60, great!
    For relaxing times...
  • mcnichojmcnichoj253,948
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 17:47
    Two interesting things of note.
    Supposedly Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville has some game breaking bugs on Series consoles. I wonder if this somehow fixes those.
    The other thing is that Sea of Solitude is currently unplayable on PS5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1zra3UDxpg) and thus Xbox is the best console to play it.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,457,335
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 17:53
    Shad0wdar said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    With some exceptions, I want my games to look pretty. I'll choose res or graphics over 60/120 fps any day, except maybe for some fighting games. If it can run at 4k60, great!
    Same for me, I have a 144Hz monitor, but I set my Xbox to 4k60 instead of 1440p120, don't care about framerate, unless it's REALLY choppy.
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR335,553
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 18:51
    Shad0wdar said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    I'd argue that you're taking away from the prettiness by lowering the frame rate. Honestly I don't understand how pixel count is more important than performance to some. Different strokes I guess.
    Just please don't settle for 30 anything. 60 should become the industry standard.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,457,335
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 20:31
    AxeL R GR said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    I'd argue that you're taking away from the prettiness by lowering the frame rate. Honestly I don't understand how pixel count is more important than performance to some. Different strokes I guess.
    Just please don't settle for 30 anything. 60 should become the industry standard.
    It's up to personnal preference, 30 is fine to me^^
  • Posted on 24 April 21 at 00:36
    Surprised about Battlefront 1, that game is dead
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,203,033
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 04:16
    Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare

Why? Its 100% dead. I had a Plants Vs Zombies achievement on the recent Crab commincty challenge. Tried 5 days in a row. On the weekend, at night, morning. Didn't find a single match.
    Cool story bro.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76798,784
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 09:20
    AxeL R GR said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    Shad0wdar said:
    I'd argue that you're taking away from the prettiness by lowering the frame rate. Honestly I don't understand how pixel count is more important than performance to some.
    Because we're not competitive professional gamers...?

I'd rather have smooth looking graphics at 30 FPS than jaggy graphics at 60 FPS. And my Lamborghinis in FH4 are doing just fine at 30 FPS.

Obviously more is always welcome. But if I have to choose, it'll probably always be graphics (up to a point.)

Different strokes I guess.
    Exactly. wink
  • Posted on 24 April 21 at 10:36
    Is this live already? I tried going to the Manage game and add-ons and then Compatibility options for Battlefield 1, BF I & II and Unravel Two but for all of them FPS boost is greyed out “FPS boost is not available for this game”.

My TV supports 120Hz and the refresh rate is toggled on on my Series X. No system updates (last one was 22/4) or game updates are available. I’m located in Belgium.
  • Silver1337Silver1337726,125
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 10:51, Edited on 24 April 21 at 10:52 by Silver1337
    Theodoricus Rex said:
    Is this live already? I tried going to the Manage game and add-ons and then Compatibility options for Battlefield 1, BF I & II and Unravel Two but for all of them FPS boost is greyed out “FPS boost is not available for this game”.

My TV supports 120Hz and the refresh rate is toggled on on my Series X. No system updates (last one was 22/4) or game updates are available. I’m located in Belgium.
    I don't have those particular games from this list installed, but I can see in my Compatibility Options that the FPS boost is already live for Titanfall, Titanfall 2 (off by default) and PvZ Garden Warfare 2. No updates needed. I'm not sure why the others aren't working for you.
  • Posted on 24 April 21 at 11:29
    When is Dark Souls 3 60 FPS this is embarrassing
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 12:44, Edited on 24 April 21 at 12:46 by FireRaiser1985
    Theodoricus Rex said:

I tried with Mirrors Edge Catalyst and that one had the option to choose 120fps. Sweden.
  • Posted on 24 April 21 at 13:26
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    Theodoricus Rex said:

I tried with Mirrors Edge Catalyst and that one had the option to choose 120fps. Sweden.
    Ok, rebooting the console did the trick. All games have the 120fps option now!
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 13:38
    Theodoricus Rex said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    Theodoricus Rex said:

Ok, rebooting the console did the trick. All games have the 120fps option now!
    Nice! toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads