Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox game releases — April 26th to May 2nd

• CanezzaCanezza148,588
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 14:27
    Next week, 14 games make their way to the Xbox platform, including Second Extinction and the Windows 10 release of Destroy All Humans! — both of which are also coming to Xbox Game Pass.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox game releases — April 26th to May 2nd
  • Posted on 23 April 21 at 14:49
    Sinking City sounds poretty good, i'll obviously be trying Extinction.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,578
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 14:58
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    Isn’t Sinking City previously known as “Necronomicon: Sinking City” and was involved in a dispute between the devs and the publisher? The publishers refused to pay the devs and recently went so far as to post a pirated copy for sale on Steam.

Yeah, screw those guys. Unless the devs are getting paid on this copy it’s a big “no” from me.
  • Miller N7Miller N734,687
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 14:59
    Second extinction looks fun! Can’t wait to give it a go.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,705
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 15:23
    The Sinking City is on my short list. I enjoyed Call of Cthulhu, another Lovecraftian game. It’s got a different developer but Frogwares has done exceptionally well with their Sherlock Holmes games.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,524,605
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 15:25, Edited on 23 April 21 at 15:28 by LORDOFDOOKIE69
    TymanTheLong said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    Isn’t Sinking City previously known as “Necronomicon: Sinking City” and was involved in a dispute between the devs and the publisher? The publishers refused to pay the devs and recently went so far as to post a pirated copy for sale on Steam.

Yeah, screw those guys. Unless the devs are getting paid on this copy it’s a big “no” from me.
    Combat in that game was ass too. Not a bad story and such but man did the melee in particular suck.

Edit: It appears this version is published by the devs and the money from this version goes to them while purchasing the older version gives money to the original publishers.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 15:45
    TymanTheLong said:

Frogwares, the developer, is self publishing. They had a dispute with BigBen Interactive (now Nacon) that was originally supposed to publish (according to Nacon) or distribute (according to Frogwares) the game.

Nacon ‘published’ the game in Steam claiming they were within their rights to do so. However, that was not the finished version of the game and, according to Frogwares, violated the courts’ decisions in the ongoing litigation.

The bottom line, though, is that the upcoming game, self-published by the developer Frogwares, is legitimate. The developers are getting paid.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,524,605
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 16:09
    Allgorhythm said:
    TymanTheLong said:

Frogwares, the developer, is self publishing. They had a dispute with BigBen Interactive (now Nacon) that was originally supposed to publish (according to Nacon) or distribute (according to Frogwares) the game.

Nacon ‘published’ the game in Steam claiming they were within their rights to do so. However, that was not the finished version of the game and, according to Frogwares, violated the courts’ decisions in the ongoing litigation.

The bottom line, though, is that the upcoming game, self-published by the developer Frogwares, is legitimate. The developers are getting paid.
    I wonder if it will be more polished and if they tweaked any of the gameplay to improve upon the older version?
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 16:47
    LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
    I wonder if it will be more polished and if they tweaked any of the gameplay to improve upon the older version?
    Yes. It is more polished. I’ve seen PS5 game play—the visuals are spectacular. It’s super smooth—much better than the 2019 version. However, I don’t believe that combat—a feature that was criticized—is substantially improved.
  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs293,016
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 17:42
    All about Second Extinction for me! Can't wait.
    Staff Writer - TrueAchievements / TrueTrophies Xbox Ambassador/Insider/Achievement Hunter Find Me - Xbox / Twitter / Instagram / Youtube
  • Thief000Thief000904,427
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 17:53, Edited on 23 April 21 at 17:55 by Thief000
    R-Type Final 2. I hope we get the rest of the R-Type collection on Xbox and PC at some point too.
    I always thought it was a shame we didn't get at least the other arcade games as DLC for Dimensions.
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,404,316
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 18:59
    Really interested in R-Type, but hard to justify that $40 price tag. I will pick it up on the first decent sale though.
  • WicelowWicelow1,363,730
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 19:41
    Johnny Sinister said:
    Really interested in R-Type, but hard to justify that $40 price tag. I will pick it up on the first decent sale though.
    Same for me !
    Eat. Play. Love.
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 20:00
    Johnny Sinister said:
    The price tag is steep. Good candidate for GamePass.
  • Julz D 01Julz D 01540,820
    Posted on 23 April 21 at 20:31
    This IS protocol
  • Posted on 24 April 21 at 01:24
    Looking forward to Angels With Scaly Wings
  • NimdaLiveNimdaLive70,591
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 14:27
    Does anyone else find it scary the amount of games releasing with the following description.

This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

It basically says give us your money but we make promises that you’ll get what you expect, or anything at all for that matter.
    Posted on 24 April 21 at 14:35, Edited on 24 April 21 at 14:35 by Allgorhythm
    Mandolore Great said:
    Looking forward to Angels With Scaly Wings
    I got this on the PC a couple of years ago. It's very involved--it is, in fact, novel length. I haven't completed all decision trees yet. On TA, people will probably fast forward through it for quick achievements and it will, most likely, end up with a TA ratio of 1.05 facepalm
  • Osmo76Osmo761,102,029
    Posted on 26 April 21 at 14:29
    Ladders by POWGI might be fun 30 minutes smile
  • SecularIXSecularIX21,055
    Posted on 26 April 21 at 14:34
    R-Type Final 2. Day one purchase.

All shooters should be fully customizable like this game appears to be. (It will be my first time playing an R-Type game)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.