Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Series X|S optimised version of The Sinking City available now

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs292,023
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 10:54
    The Sinking City can now be purchased as Xbox Series X|S enhanced, but due to an ongoing legal battle with the game’s previous publisher, the upgrade isn’t currently free for owners with the existing Xbox One version.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Series X|S optimised version of The Sinking City available now
  • Posted on 29 April 21 at 11:15
    The game is definitely steeped in Cthulhu mythos but the crafting system was absolutely terrible for combat and I was often forced to exploit a resource area throughout the majority of the game to always stay topped up on shotgun and machine gun ammo. This becomes especially apparent when a lot of enemies at once are thrown at you. I don’t think it’s worth $70 for the deluxe edition but I’d probably buy it again on sale.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,348
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 11:30
    Shame its not a free upgrade. As much as Iv enjoyed it so far I can't see myself buying it again.
  • FejerFejer1,052,376
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 11:35
    Yes, it would be great if they would at least offer somekind of upgrade (to a feasible price) for those who already own the Xbox One version.
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ362,165
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 11:57
    Shame it wasn't a free upgrade but I understand why it can't be. I bought the first release of the game when it seemed like it would be delisted (still to play it), so I won't be forking out to get this version, at least not when it's full price.
  • Posted on 29 April 21 at 12:24
    I never played it when it first came out despite being slightly interested in it and was unsure of purchasing this one at first due to not wanting Nacon to get any money for it but knowing that it's self published maybe I'll pick it up to support the devs
    A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
  • APOPHIS1989APOPHIS1989558,947
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 12:26
    I guess a slight silver lining is that the achievements are stackable!
  • Posted on 29 April 21 at 13:10
    Again 70 euro No thanks.
    Played for fun.
  • maphisto2000maphisto2000461,483
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 15:52
    I'm sure they could have issued a discount code or something if you owned the OG game. I can't see many owners of the original immediately paying full price for this, whereas they might have paid a couple of quid.
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏836,005
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 17:07
    APOPHIS1989 said:
    it´s not smart delivery title,so yes,new stackable cheevos list
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,169
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 21:16, Edited on 29 April 21 at 21:18 by HolyHalfDead
    粉丝游戏#1371 said:
    APOPHIS1989 said:
    it´s not smart delivery title,so yes,new stackable cheevos list
    That is not a rule, as Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 do not use Smart Delivery and do not have new cheevos.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,186,185
    Posted on 30 April 21 at 04:00
    Is the Deluxe Edition worth it for the early access weapons? I've heard the worst things about the game's combat...
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 13:00
    It would've been the best if the upgrade was FREE.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.