The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: May 4th, 2021

• YaevenYaeven242,404
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 07:59
    Jack Watling said:
    Gears of War 3: • Pack 2 $4.99
    This is some of the weirdest shit I've seen in a long time.
  • DD91DD91550,653
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 08:02
    Plenty there but few more 360 sales would be ideal. An eBay job for me I think.
    Day 1 Gears of War player. Seriously achievement April 2007.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz464,458
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 08:45
    Hello I'm interested in the Control Season Pass. Does anyone know if your stats/upgrades etc carrry on over to the DLC. Would like to start the DLC all buffed up. Cheers.
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 09:39
    FiveWizz said:
    Hello I'm interested in the Control Season Pass. Does anyone know if your stats/upgrades etc carrry on over to the DLC. Would like to start the DLC all buffed up. Cheers.
    It does as you start the DLC by doing a certain mission with your current stats.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL952,752
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 09:50
    To stack Control or not to stack Control.... hmmmm
    So it goes...
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC833,542
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:06
    Control and Just Cause 4 season passes are tempting.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz464,458
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:08
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    FiveWizz said:
    It does as you start the DLC by doing a certain mission with your current stats.
    Great thank you. Definite purchase for me then. Good timing as I've only recently finished it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,906
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 12:54
    I wonder if Valley of the Yetis for Xbox 360 will ever go on sale again.

I don’t think the LEGO Worlds DLC has been on sale before.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634596,778
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,314
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan149,540
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 14:33
    Updated my initial post with the Non-BC items plus a couple other BC items that weren't included in the sales roundup (but were included on Major nelson's site)
  • jackanapejackanape1,196,402
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 14:53
    Just an FYI for anyone looking to get the Zombie Army 4 Season Pass 2 - you can actually buy the three levels individually for less than the sale price. So if you don't want some extra weapon skins etc then don't buy the pass and just get the levels.
  • Ste4Beer85Ste4Beer85636,876
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 14:58
    Anyone know if ghostbusters still crashes at the fisherman ghost on the Xbox One X?

Edit Yes it does, My fix put console in 720 mode, un check 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision. Then walk BACKWARDS through the corridor While looking up. Worked 1st time.
  • FinalKaosFinalKaos1,868,094
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 15:33
    Added Control season pass to my wishlist last week, wasn't expecting the sale to deliver so soon. smile
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,407
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 18:22
    Really wish the auto redeem would actually redeem on the first of the month....seems like it gets a day or two later with each successive month. I'd rather spend credit that's going to expire soon than the credit that won't expire. As long as it's within the next 6 days, shouldn't matter much other than the mild inconvenience.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,552
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:13
    thatNoseyParker said:
    Ahh FFS. I bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and bought AC Black Flag's season pass when it was only 50%, thinking expensive for how old it was but it hadnt been on sale for years...

Now here we are and it's finally a respectable £3.99 -.- grrr
    FWIW that season pass is actually pretty high quality. Sorry you spent so much, but Freedom Cry ranks as one of my top 10 DLCs I’ve ever played.
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:18
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    FiveWizz said:
    May I continue with more questions?

Control seemed like a lot of mysteries with few discoverable answers, I don’t mind if there’s even more mystery in the DLCs but do they at least do a better job with the answers (if I hunt down the documents or whatever)?

I’m a bit ambivalent about this game, I didn’t play it until it hit Gamepass and didn’t hate it but felt disappointed that they just seemed to handwave about a bunch of possibilities without providing a way to find out anything (and the bugs, oh the bugs!). Quantum Break, for me at least, provided answers or at least solid leads where one could infer answers.

Having obviously played the DLCs what’s your take?
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:22
    Forza Horizon 4 Season Pass:

I mostly just took around in Forza Horizon 4. I do race, but mostly on easy, the game is just a way for me to de-stress. How much does all the DLC add for someone like me? There’s probably more cars than I can drive already but not all cars are equally fun. And some types of races and events can be a lot more fun (I do like most of the Showcases).

For $20 what really is there (I know there’s the Lego stuff and about a million more cars).
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha1,425,806
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 21:16
    I literally bought both two point hospital addon's last week. At least the sale on them is only slightly better than the gamepass discount so I don't feel too aggrieved.
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha1,425,806
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 21:23
    TymanTheLong said:
    Forza Horizon 4 Season Pass:

I mostly just took around in Forza Horizon 4. I do race, but mostly on easy, the game is just a way for me to de-stress. How much does all the DLC add for someone like me? There’s probably more cars than I can drive already but not all cars are equally fun. And some types of races and events can be a lot more fun (I do like most of the Showcases).

For $20 what really is there (I know there’s the Lego stuff and about a million more cars).
    You get access to 2 new maps - Lego and Fortune Island. Obviously theres loads of extra cars, events, challenges etc.
    I found the lego island a lot of fun to drive around but neither of the maps add anything different that the base game offers - just gives you more variety in locations and cars. (Apart from everything being made out of lego!)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.