Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy IX, Alan Wake, and more to leave Xbox Game Pass, DayZ now staying [updated]

  • CanezzaCanezza145,334
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05234,523 234,523 GamerScore
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:11
    Better get on to DayZ real soon.
    Aron Franks
  • AC Rock3tmanAC Rock3tman1,713,879
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:12
    Hurry Up! with the DayZ achievement server by @Saurvivalist and @KawiNinjaRider7
  • FoogaFooga1,970,484
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:13
    Good thing I finished DayZ last night. As soon as I saw on Xbox it was leaving soon, I knew once you guys announced it that server was gonna get bombarded.
  • MGaskellMGaskell421,519
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:21
    Glad I knocked out DayZ a few days ago thanks to the achievement server.
  • DjshepDjshep686,267
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:25
    Final Fantasy IX is on sale for 1 more day according to MS store in the golden sale. 50% off, just bought it since I never got round to it!
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,499,711
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:30
    Don't think Battlefleet will ever be completed. May have unobtainables or it's just unrealistic achievements to be a literal God at the game with other Gods at the game.
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:38
    lmao, I JUST finished DayZ. I checked my gamepass app and noticed it on the list so I hopped on it this morning lol
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan813,656
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:40, Edited on 04 May 21 at 10:40 by BlackxRyan
    The DayZ achievement server is going to be raided again lol
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 10:43
    I own two of em anyway but wouldn't be fussed if I didn't :P Additions are much better than the games they are taking away again, for me anyway.
  • el tebyel teby1,059,227
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:00, Edited on 04 May 21 at 11:01 by el teby
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,029,451
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:17
    Alan Wake out of Game Pass? But it's a Microsoft Game! Why would they remove it from it......
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,958,955
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:22
    el teby said:
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
    30 to 100 hours
    If you're reading this, I'm high and probably regretting making this comment
  • jj6yjj6y284,728
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:22
    days z*
  • SkinstakovicSkinstakovic540,943
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:28
    Urgh, I’m not sure I can stomach the last 2 achievements in FFIX, King of jump rope on console is verging on the impossible
    Skinstakovic, creating gaming harmony since 2007
  • Ludio NomenLudio Nomen463,519
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:31
    "Fun" things to do in FFIX - Defeat 10,000 enemies, jump rope 1,000 times, Win 100 Tetra Master matches, win the 'Nero' shuffle game 9 times in a row, beat Hippaul in races until he is level 80, catch 99 frogs, achieve S rank as a treasure hunter, level chocobo beak to 99, and beat the game in under 12 hours.

    Am I missing anything?
    In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D. ...
  • el tebyel teby1,059,227
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:42
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
    30 to 100 hours
    What is the reason for that humongous gap? I saw the 30hrs in the walkthrough but not sure how it gets up to 100. I guess it’s a combination of choosing whether to blast through the game or play the story once/ maybe using scripts for the jump rope etc
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,958,955
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:44
    el teby said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
    30 to 100 hours
    What is the reason for that humongous gap? I saw the 30hrs in the walkthrough but not sure how it gets up to 100. I guess it’s a combination of choosing whether to blast through the game or play the story once/ maybe using scripts for the jump rope etc
    i have no idea. I had to bite the bullet and just buy it. I can't start this until I have the means to cheese that stupid jump rope bullshit
    If you're reading this, I'm high and probably regretting making this comment
  • VacouVacou340,938
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 11:54, Edited on 04 May 21 at 11:55 by Vacou
    SweetArkhane said:
    Alan Wake out of Game Pass? But it's a Microsoft Game! Why would they remove it from it......
    Remedy bought the license from Microsoft, so the Alan Wake brand doesn't belong to Xbox anymore. Remedy can do what they want with it now, hence why the rumors of a sequel being in the works in partnership with Epic.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,029,451
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 12:02
    Vacou said:
    SweetArkhane said:
    Alan Wake out of Game Pass? But it's a Microsoft Game! Why would they remove it from it......
    Remedy bought the license from Microsoft, so the Alan Wake brand doesn't belong to Xbox anymore. Remedy can do what they want with it now, hence why the rumors of a sequel being in the works in partnership with Epic.
    Yeah that's what I looked for after, I didn't remember this when I saw the news!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.