Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy IX, Alan Wake, and more to leave Xbox Game Pass, DayZ now staying [updated]

• KJer25KJer25778,630
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 17:24
    I don’t understand why Alan Wake is leaving GP. It’s a Microsoft published game. I know Remedy developed it, but the game is 11 years old. It’s best to leave it in, in hopes that more people get a chance to play it.
    Separation from base 1000 and Dlc lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,915
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 17:25
    Drazer76 said:
    Over a few nights easily yeah.
    You’ll get everything I’ve unlocked in one play over let’s say three/four nights?
    AxeL R GR said:
    You have 10 days, so yeah one playthrough + all collectibles is doable if you start soon. It took me a week to complete but I was playing for about 4 hours a night and my first playthrough was blind.
    Cheers - gonna get on it tonight.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • EthigyEthigy820,115
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 17:56
    To hop on DayZ or not.
  • Ganesh78Ganesh78130,693
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 17:59
    Anyone else having problems with achievements in Alan Wake? They show on the 360 but not on my Xbox companion or here.
  • FalconReduxFalconRedux529,106
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 19:32
    Thanks Sean, I really appreciate this sort of article. Helps plan the next 2 weeks of gaming!
  • CanezzaCanezza144,021
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:14
    FalconRedux said:
    Thanks Sean, I really appreciate this sort of article. Helps plan the next 2 weeks of gaming!
    No problemo! toast
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • IRL Games XIRL Games X589,494
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:38
    Aghhhh time to beat Alan Wake and buy dlc shock
    IRL Games X
  • TinCannEdTinCannEd438,249
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 20:39
    Glad Day Z isn't leaving, considering the new Achievement Server was JUST created.

I think I'll just wait for a better than 50% off on FF IX. I really don't want to have to rush through this.
    If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll , speaks like a troll, & post like a troll, it must be a troll.
  • el tebyel teby1,051,999
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 21:11
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
    30 to 100 hours
    What is the reason for that humongous gap? I saw the 30hrs in the walkthrough but not sure how it gets up to 100. I guess it’s a combination of choosing whether to blast through the game or play the story once/ maybe using scripts for the jump rope etc
    i have no idea. I had to bite the bullet and just buy it. I can't start this until I have the means to cheese that stupid jump rope bullshit
    I think I’ll do the same. I’ll get it at 75% off and down the bottomless backlog bog it goes
  • YaevenYaeven242,338
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 21:23
    Persona 5 Royal, Xenoblade Chronicles, AND Final Fantasy IX with an expiration date at once is a recipe for disaster. And that's before considering all the games I'm trying to finally complete. I think I'll have to bite the bullet for once and buy this one.
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 22:04, Edited on 04 May 21 at 22:04 by SincereSeeker6
    Alan Wake could have been possible if I would have known sooner, but now it's too much of a risk for 15-20 hours+dlc.
  • Posted on 04 May 21 at 23:35
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
  • Latinfla4Latinfla4930,305
    Posted on 04 May 21 at 23:47
    Free dlcs where?
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:23
    nice that DayZ is not leaving, I was installing it
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:25
    Ludio Nomen said:
    "Fun" things to do in FFIX - Defeat 10,000 enemies, jump rope 1,000 times, Win 100 Tetra Master matches, win the 'Nero' shuffle game 9 times in a row, beat Hippaul in races until he is level 80, catch 99 frogs, achieve S rank as a treasure hunter, level chocobo beak to 99, and beat the game in under 12 hours.

Am I missing anything?
    I don't know why they did this.
    FF7 was legit FUN to get 100%. Nothing too hard at all. And the few slightly hard ones were fun, not grindy, enjoyable challenging. FF9 has some of the worst.
    Cool story bro.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong405,821
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:29, Edited on 05 May 21 at 00:31 by TymanTheLong
    So I guess it’s time to dig into all those Final Fantasy titles if they’re going to start leaving…. They’re easy to put off due to their sheer size. I guess that fixes me wanting to buy any May releases, I need to get through some FF this month (and also finish Obey Me because that game has seriously grown on me).

Shooting Dinosaurs was fun while it lasted, looks like it’s back burner time for it.

GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Ludio Nomen said:
    "Fun" things to do in FFIX - Defeat 10,000 enemies, jump rope 1,000 times, Win 100 Tetra Master matches, win the 'Nero' shuffle game 9 times in a row, beat Hippaul in races until he is level 80, catch 99 frogs, achieve S rank as a treasure hunter, level chocobo beak to 99, and beat the game in under 12 hours.

Am I missing anything?
    I don't know why they did this.
    FF7 was legit FUN to get 100%. Nothing too hard at all. And the few slightly hard ones were fun, not grindy, enjoyable challenging. FF9 has some of the worst.
    Yeah, when I see crap like that I just play until the credits roll and do any mop up that genuinely seems fun. I’m done letting achievements suck the fun out of good games for me.
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:37
    Yaeven said:
    Persona 5 Royal, Xenoblade Chronicles, AND Final Fantasy IX with an expiration date at once is a recipe for disaster. And that's before considering all the games I'm trying to finally complete. I think I'll have to bite the bullet for once and buy this one.
    what about Persona and Xenoblade ? are they leaving some service ?
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong405,821
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:40
    Unpredictable D said:
    Yaeven said:
    what about Persona and Xenoblade ? are they leaving some service ?
    I assume PlayStation Now since Persona and Xenoblade games are dramatically more common on PS consoles.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,154,319
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:40
    KJer25 said:
    I don’t understand why Alan Wake is leaving GP. It’s a Microsoft published game. I know Remedy developed it, but the game is 11 years old. It’s best to leave it in, in hopes that more people get a chance to play it.
    Remedy fully acquired the publishing rights to Alan Wake in July 2019.
  • Julz D 01Julz D 01539,374
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:45
    XeroEncryption said:
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
    How is dlc free when it says it isn’t? Also is the dlc worth the current asking price?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.