Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy IX, Alan Wake, and more to leave Xbox Game Pass, DayZ now staying [updated]

• I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I1,928,337
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 00:52
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Ludio Nomen said:
    "Fun" things to do in FFIX - Defeat 10,000 enemies, jump rope 1,000 times, Win 100 Tetra Master matches, win the 'Nero' shuffle game 9 times in a row, beat Hippaul in races until he is level 80, catch 99 frogs, achieve S rank as a treasure hunter, level chocobo beak to 99, and beat the game in under 12 hours.

Am I missing anything?
    I don't know why they did this.
    FF7 was legit FUN to get 100%. Nothing too hard at all. And the few slightly hard ones were fun, not grindy, enjoyable challenging. FF9 has some of the worst.
    All of the grindy stuff in FFIX is pretty easy except the 1000 jumps. There is also a script for the PC version that can do the jumps automatically.
  • Old TanukiOld Tanuki235,966
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 01:12, Edited on 05 May 21 at 05:30 by Old Tanuki
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
    How is dlc free when it says it isn’t? Also is the dlc worth the current asking price?
    Their information is outdated. All Alan Wake DLC was free at one point but they brought it back to full price the same time it hit GP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math on why they did that. laugh I never played the DLC so I can't say if it's worth it unfortunately.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,962,920
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 02:21
    el teby said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    el teby said:
    Is it possible to finish FF 9 by the time it goes away? I mean starting from scratch
    30 to 100 hours
    What is the reason for that humongous gap? I saw the 30hrs in the walkthrough but not sure how it gets up to 100. I guess it’s a combination of choosing whether to blast through the game or play the story once/ maybe using scripts for the jump rope etc
    i have no idea. I had to bite the bullet and just buy it. I can't start this until I have the means to cheese that stupid jump rope bullshit
    I think I’ll do the same. I’ll get it at 75% off and down the bottomless backlog bog it goes
    Ha! Amen to that
    If you're reading this, I'm high and probably regretting making this comment
  • N30YRDN30YRD657,454
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 04:18
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:
    Better get on to DayZ real soon.
    Why you needing to hurry...

It's NOT leaving
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 May 21 at 05:04
    N30YRD said:
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:

It's NOT leaving
    He posted that before it was announced that DayZ leaving was an error just btw.
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05234,533 234,533 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 06:33
    N30YRD said:
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:

It's NOT leaving
    I commented this back when it said it was leaving. Please read the dates.
    Aron Franks
  • N30YRDN30YRD657,454
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 07:30
    Saurvivalist said:
    N30YRD said:
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:

It's NOT leaving
    I didn't notice... Apologies
  • SliktorSliktor861,183
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 08:10
    Well, looks like I’m going to pause my FFVIII playthrough and hit IX hard this next week or so. Not a problem really as I’m not particularly enjoying VIII anyway.
  • Ar0nP1aYz05Ar0nP1aYz05234,533 234,533 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 09:11
    N30YRD said:
    Saurvivalist said:
    N30YRD said:
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:

It's NOT leaving
    I didn't notice... Apologies
    That’s alright. :)
    Aron Franks
  • Drazer76Drazer76722,189
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 11:30
    Brave Tanuki said:
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
    How is dlc free when it says it isn’t? Also is the dlc worth the current asking price?
    Their information is ourtdated. All Alan Wake DLC was free at one point but they brought it back to full price the same time it hit GP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math on why they did that. laugh I never played the DLC so I can't say if it's worth it unfortunately.
    Well worth it in my opinion, fantastic story.
    But you have to get the dlc for Control after, so do that while it’s half price too!
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 14:28
    They've just got around the saying when FF X and FF X-2 are getting added and now they are taking IX away?.. Sorry I don't see the logic in that move at all.
  • AxeL R GRAxeL R GR302,885
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 14:39
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    No, it's too expensive for what it offers, it's very short.
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 14:39
    Drazer76 said:
    Brave Tanuki said:
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    Their information is ourtdated. All Alan Wake DLC was free at one point but they brought it back to full price the same time it hit GP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math on why they did that. laugh I never played the DLC so I can't say if it's worth it unfortunately.
    Well worth it in my opinion, fantastic story.
    But you have to get the dlc for Control after, so do that while it’s half price too!
    Yup wasn't aware of the back and forth ownership here, but I grabbed the DLCs back when I saw they were free, and just picked it up the game on eBay for $3 but it's still on the backlog facepalm
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE425,269
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 15:41
    i downloaded Alan Wake and never played it. shucks. I don't have enough time to do it now. realyl kicking myself.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • EscadiasEscadias290,588
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 17:41
    Are there any clues predicting the next Final Fantasy to leave gamepass?
  • CodeHunterXXCodeHunterXX363,185
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 17:50
    Time to get my FFIX copy
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,194,516
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 18:04, Edited on 05 May 21 at 18:04 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Looks like I'll have to rush FFIX. No one to blame but myself though, it's been sitting on my laptop for months. Can't wait to hate myself doing the jump rope...
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • SambawebSambaweb653,188
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 18:26
    I have Written the Final Fantasy 9 guide. if you just go for the achievments you can finish all with a guide in 30hrs easy if you like to enjoy the story and the game and never use boosters you need 2 playthroughs and up to 100 hrs that is the gap

i have to choose the time. for me it was a long run but while i was writing the guide i saw a lot of time savings. except of jump rope easy completion.
    (Where am i)000ooo...
  • el tebyel teby1,068,017
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 19:07
    Why do you do this to me lol. I just decided that it was best to cut the loss and buy it on sale. I think I may end up letting it go and complete it later, seeing as how my wife is thoroughly enjoying her divinity original sin 2 and I only have one box haha
  • YaevenYaeven243,104
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 19:49
    Unpredictable D said:
    Yaeven said:
    Persona 5 Royal, Xenoblade Chronicles, AND Final Fantasy IX with an expiration date at once is a recipe for disaster. And that's before considering all the games I'm trying to finally complete. I think I'll have to bite the bullet for once and buy this one.
    what about Persona and Xenoblade ? are they leaving some service ?
    No, I just meant that I'm playing through those two and adding yet another long RPG to my plate (and racing to complete it before May 16) is too much. One RPG alone is already a significant commitment. Sorry if I didn't word it more clearly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.