Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy IX, Alan Wake, and more to leave Xbox Game Pass, DayZ now staying [updated]

• francisrossifrancisrossi369,383
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 22:00
    xPut Name Herex said:
    KJer25 said:
    I don’t understand why Alan Wake is leaving GP. It’s a Microsoft published game. I know Remedy developed it, but the game is 11 years old. It’s best to leave it in, in hopes that more people get a chance to play it.
    Remedy fully acquired the publishing rights to Alan Wake in July 2019.
    Yep. This is how they could bring Alan Wake into Control.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong405,821
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:27
    Escadias said:
    Are there any clues predicting the next Final Fantasy to leave gamepass?
    I would love to know this as well…
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,154,319
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:37, Edited on 05 May 21 at 23:47 by xPut Name Herex
    TymanTheLong said:
    Escadias said:
    Final Fantasy VII will leave in August, and VIII in November (+/- 1 month for both, depending on when exactly the contract expires). It was a year contract for the previous two Final Fantasy games.

Related franchise Kingdom Hearts is at risk of having 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 removed in June, but notably Kingdom Hearts III didn't get removed in February (which would have been its year).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4...
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:44
    xPut Name Herex said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Escadias said:
    Final Fantasy VII will leave in August, and VIII in November (+/- 1 month for both, depending on when exactly the contract expires. It was a year contract for the previous two Final Fantasy games.

Related franchise Kingdom Hearts is at risk of having 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 removed in June, but notably Kingdom Hearts III didn't get removed in February (which would have been it's year).

Thank you!
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion773,924
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:51
    TymanTheLong said:
    Yeah, when I see crap like that I just play until the credits roll and do any mop up that genuinely seems fun. I’m done letting achievements suck the fun out of good games for me.
    You sir, have figured out life.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 00:35
    Boots Orion said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Yeah, when I see crap like that I just play until the credits roll and do any mop up that genuinely seems fun. I’m done letting achievements suck the fun out of good games for me.
    Thank you! It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this out and even longer to get into the habit. I can genuinely say I enjoy games more now and I still dig that achievement *ding* sound!
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion773,924
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 03:15
    TymanTheLong said:
    Boots Orion said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Thank you! It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this out and even longer to get into the habit. I can genuinely say I enjoy games more now and I still dig that achievement *ding* sound!
    Likewise. =)

toast
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB877,583
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 06:26, Edited on 06 May 21 at 06:29 by TwistedTB
    AxeL R GR said:
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
    How is dlc free when it says it isn’t? Also is the dlc worth the current asking price?
    No, it's too expensive for what it offers, it's very short.
    I think if you buy a brand new sealed physical copy of Quantum Break, it also comes with a code for a free digital copy of Alan Wake. Not sure if it includes the DLC though, but if I had to guess I would say probably not.

EDIT: I just looked it up on Amazon, its about $17 new right now, and the listing says the code card for Alan Wake does include the DLCs as well.
    https://www.twitch.tv/twistedtb
  • Posted on 06 May 21 at 16:04
    TwistedTB said:
    AxeL R GR said:
    Julz D 01 said:
    XeroEncryption said:
    Just buy Alan Wake on eBay, it's less than $5 and you can finish it whenever. (DLC is free too)
    How is dlc free when it says it isn’t? Also is the dlc worth the current asking price?
    No, it's too expensive for what it offers, it's very short.
    I think if you buy a brand new sealed physical copy of Quantum Break, it also comes with a code for a free digital copy of Alan Wake. Not sure if it includes the DLC though, but if I had to guess I would say probably not.

EDIT: I just looked it up on Amazon, its about $17 new right now, and the listing says the code card for Alan Wake does include the DLCs as well.
    $4.31 -> https://www.ebay.com/itm/113729962484
  • EscadiasEscadias290,320
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 16:22
    xPut Name Herex said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Escadias said:
    Final Fantasy VII will leave in August, and VIII in November (+/- 1 month for both, depending on when exactly the contract expires). It was a year contract for the previous two Final Fantasy games.

Related franchise Kingdom Hearts is at risk of having 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 removed in June, but notably Kingdom Hearts III didn't get removed in February (which would have been its year).

Then I'm going to launch it right away 👍
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.