The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 15 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza279,975
  • YazFromAlcatrazYazFromAlcatraz2,232,651
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 18:47
    Skycadia is very easy. Don't get thrown off guard. If you have a turbo controller you can leave it on in a specific mode over night and next morning you wake up all 1000 is unlocked. Achievement land has a great 6 or 7 minute video of the game and how to do the easy set up too! I highly recommend you guys pick that up.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,550,337
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 19:48
    Grizzland may look terrible, but the game play was actually not that bad. I actually had fun in the hour or so it took to complete.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 05 May 21 at 19:50
    YazFromAlcatraz said:
    Skycadia is very easy. Don't get thrown off guard. If you have a turbo controller you can leave it on in a specific mode over night and next morning you wake up all 1000 is unlocked. Achievement land has a great 6 or 7 minute video of the game and how to do the easy set up too! I highly recommend you guys pick that up.
    Sweeet! Thanks for the heads up I’ll be grabbing this since you said this. Much appreciated
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,253,920
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 19:53
    I might pick up office quest as i believe £4.99 is the cheapest ive seen it. It has been £7.99 on sale 3-4 times before. Day d is easy enough its just out stays its welcome and is a bit too long n boring to play for too long, like most 8th floor games!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm655,146
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 20:25
    I picked up Tanky Tanks. Every time I do a community event, it seems I need an automobile or vehicular combat game.
  • x1001x Puppysx1001x Puppys2,117,481
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 20:51
    Allgorhythm said:
    I picked up Tanky Tanks. Every time I do a community event, it seems I need an automobile or vehicular combat game.
    Tanky Tanks is so bad omg. Good luck
  • The NotoThe Noto722,772
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 21:52
    I really dug Virginia. But I'm into Twin Peaks-like stories.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm655,146
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 22:08
    x1001x Puppys said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Tanky Tanks is so bad omg. Good luck
    I don’t intend to play it unless I need it for a community challenge. smile
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong547,671
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:42
    Mini Reviews

Virginia: this is not a good game, it’s somewhat interesting in its unique graphic novel narrative and sorta worth it, because it is short, just to experience something a bit different. But, again, it’s not good, just kind of novel.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: if you somehow have missed this game so far (there is also a stackable 360 Arcade version) this game is genuinely good with a heart wrenching story, amazing visuals, and gorgeous light puzzle gameplay. You can chapter select if you miss an achievement so you can go in without a guide if you’d like. Also it’s super short, but I’ve purchased both versions for full price and have never been sorry, it’s one of my favorite indie games on XBox.

The Town of Light: this is a pretty heavy game about revisiting an institution from, if I’m remembering correctly, something like 1950s Italy. It’s a walking simulator similar to Dear Esther or the many others in said genre, so keep that in mind. It has collectibles and weird achievements that require you do do very specific things but nothing is missable due to chapter select. The TA Guide is very useful for the achievements, you shouldn’t have any trouble or stress with them. The story, on the other hand… is brutal. The subject matter will be unpleasant for many. I don’t want to spoil anything by saying too much, but let’s just say it’s neither uplifting nor happy. I actually would qualify The Town of Light as an actual good game that I initially played for achievements. I’m happy I did play it but it’s not one I expect to ever play again.
  • MarkavellliMarkavellli450,367
    Posted on 05 May 21 at 23:50
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Grizzland may look terrible, but the game play was actually not that bad. I actually had fun in the hour or so it took to complete.
    Really? I just got it from the sale for the quick 1k and I did not enjoy a single second of it.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,251,893
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 02:21
    Virgina made me want to give up achiemvnets hunting forever. It took me 8 fucking hours in that horrid game because I made one mistake near the very end of the entire first playthrough. DON'T LOAD AREAS. Play that game in one go.

I turned on my PS5 for the first time in months because of virgina, I was so sick of playing meidcore games for achievements I stoppped for a good month.

If you get that game, read the guide, and figure out how NOT to mess up your colletabiles like a few us have.
    Cool story bro.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,550,337
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 03:25
    Markavellli said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Really? I just got it from the sale for the quick 1k and I did not enjoy a single second of it.
    I didn't mean to imply that it's a GOTY or anything like that. It is pretty bland and overly simplistic. But I found that it has a certain (weird) charm to it. The light arcade/puzzle action was not a chore and I did not regret spending an hour playing it. Compared ti the other 0-1 hr completions, I felt like this one was actually playable and you get to experience the full game as intended unlike the standard Ratalaika games. I felt the 1.81 rating is pretty harsh I would give it more of a 2.5
    This space for rent.
  • TervissimoTervissimo743,392
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 05:22, Edited on 06 May 21 at 05:23 by Tervissimo
    I don’t understand why Even the Ocean’s rating is so low... sure it’s a 5 minute game if you warp to every achievement, and that’s expensive for $7.49, but if you fully play the game it’s a solid five hour long platformer with a well written story and a very unique gameplay mechanic that I’ve never really seen before. It’s the same developers as Anodyne, which is another very good hidden gem in my opinion (and Anodyne was NOT published by Ratalaika interestingly enough).
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong547,671
    Posted on 07 May 21 at 03:48
    Tervissimo said:
    I don’t understand why Even the Ocean’s rating is so low... sure it’s a 5 minute game if you warp to every achievement, and that’s expensive for $7.49, but if you fully play the game it’s a solid five hour long platformer with a well written story and a very unique gameplay mechanic that I’ve never really seen before. It’s the same developers as Anodyne, which is another very good hidden gem in my opinion (and Anodyne was NOT published by Ratalaika interestingly enough).
    I almost mentioned that it had compelling art. So maybe that is a worthwhile game to just play…
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads