The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale Roundup: May 11th, 2021

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead603,302
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 15:53, Edited on 11 May 21 at 16:35 by HolyHalfDead
    Achilles8249 said:
    HellAlex92 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    All star fruit racing is free if you switch your region to japan.
    cannot confirm - it says
    "¥2,350 (税込) ¥705 (税込)
    70% オフ • 残り 7 日"
    Gwg for japan
    And Red Faction Armageddon

https://www.xbox.com/ja-jp/live/gold#gameswithgold

And Trine 4 in Korea

https://www.xbox.com/ko-kr/live/gold#gameswithgold

No need to switch region, just click the above links and hit the “get for free” button.

And for some reason Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants is free everywhere at the moment.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • The NotoThe Noto466,002
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 16:24
    HolyHalfDead said:
    No need to switch region, just click the above links and hit the “get for free” button.
    Where is the "get for free" button? When I click the link it just takes me to the JP GWG page, but when I click the individual games it takes me to their US page.
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 16:30, Edited on 11 May 21 at 16:55 by HolyHalfDead
    The Noto said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Where is the "get for free" button? When I click the link it just takes me to the JP GWG page, but when I click the individual games it takes me to their US page.
    Must be your browser. My browser asks if I want to stay in Japan, or switch to New Zealand.

Anyway, do you see that en-US bit of the URL, just change it to ja-JP, or ko-KR.

For example if you click
    https://www.microsoft.com/ja-JP/p/x/bts6dt1djhfj
    Make sure you click Stay in Japan and not Go to US.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • NativeB1oodNativeB1ood594,557
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 16:33
    Latinfla4 said:
    Has the ultimate fmv bundle ever been on sale from Wales interactive? I only have played the late shift on game pass and bought she sees red on sale...not the same company but entertaining
    haven't seen the bundle on sale that i can remember but the complex was on sale last week. i think late shift was on sale the week before that. seems like there's been one of them at least per week.

complex was actually quite good imo.
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 16:47, Edited on 11 May 21 at 16:52 by HolyHalfDead
    NativeB1ood said:
    I am convinced that I will die before I see Mafia 1 on sale by itself. angry
    I’m sorry to hear that.

It’s only been out 6 months. If you have’t got much time left, then maybe get the trilogy. It’s still cheaper than the one game. Who knows, maybe you will live long enough to play the third one.
  • The NotoThe Noto466,002
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 16:51
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Anyway, do you see that en-US bit of the URL, just change it to ja-JP, or ko-KR.

For example if you click
    https://www.microsoft.com/ko-kr/p/x/bqng40gvnr9k
    Make sure you click Stay in Korea and not Go to US.
    Cheers. This worked.

Now I can race fruit just as I've always dreamed.
  • NativeB1oodNativeB1ood594,557
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 19:24
    HolyHalfDead said:
    NativeB1ood said:
    I am convinced that I will die before I see Mafia 1 on sale by itself. angry
    I’m sorry to hear that.

It’s only been out 6 months. If you have’t got much time left, then maybe get the trilogy. It’s still cheaper than the one game. Who knows, maybe you will live long enough to play the third one.
    I was exaggerating.

It's annoying because it's not like it's a new game. It's a remaster of the original mafia. Same concept with Mafia 2. I already owned Mafia 3 before they even redid 1 and 2. Yet the bundle and 2 are on sale every other week.
  • Posted on 11 May 21 at 21:19
    Anyone thinking of getting Timberman Vs
    DON'T.
    Bean me up Scotty!
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven179,276
    Posted on 11 May 21 at 22:18
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Brelen Raven said:
    TehJofus said:
    The Stache said:
    I wonder what it's like to be a Sims fan who bought all the DLC's as they launched, just to see them constantly on sale.
    If you can afford all of The Sims 4’s DLC, then you’re probably a millionaire and too rich to worry about sales.
    Yeah, exactly. laugh

And since none of the DLC have cheevos in'em... I don't really have any incentive to drop $700 on DLC. But, there are some I'd like to grab, but I could also buy an entire brand new game for how much it'd cost me...
    My daughter keeps buying them, and she’s not a millionaire. But she only plays Sims, Roblox and Minecraft.

It gives DoA a run for it’s money for the total cost of DLC without achievements.

But would any of us really want to have to spend $700 to get completion?
    I feel like Sims 4 DLC is for people like your daughter who only play Sims 4 and one or two other games. I know if I only played one game I wouldn't mind dropping 20 bucks on it every now and then, but for people who play other things it's a bit much, haha
  • Posted on 12 May 21 at 01:08
    I can't figure out the Marketplace. I'm been waiting a year for Far Cry 4 360 DLC to go on sale. When I looked it up in the marketplace just now, I can't find Far Cry 4 (DLC or full game) that appears to be for 360 at all. Is it delisted? The DLC (Season pass) that I found is nicely discounted at $10 (and doesn't show up in the sale prices listed here) but it isn't super clear if it is Xbox One or not. I'm guessing it is. Am I right?
  • ksiddiqueksiddique488,167
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 03:55
    Is there a reason the Sales articles aren't posted in the RSS feed anymore? Did I miss a news article about it?
    RSS News Feed missing articles.
  • CenosisCenosis221,397
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 05:02
    vegansound said:
    Cenosis said:
    Believe it or not there are people that don't own the games in the list, people of all ages that just got an Xbox and might appreciate some of the games on sale etc etc. In other words you're not the only person that exists and the world doesn't revolve around you either, there are people of all ages with different sized game collections, different kinds of time they can put towards gaming, different budgets etc etc.

Let me guess you think Microsoft owns all the games and purposely puts "the same" games on sale just to piss you off?! 😴

Sorry to break it to you "Mr. I have a thousand games" but you're not the only person that exists or that the sale is for so don't bitch about the sale not meeting "your" needs and act like you don't have any games to play.

It gets tiring explaining this to self-centered people but I felt like spamming a little myself I guess.
    Damn, I'm not the only being on Earth?! I thought so, luckily you're here to warn me, thanks!

I'm not the center of anything saying that, because look at comments, tons of people are mad at this policy. That would do a lot of centers in this world.
    You're talking about new customers, etc., but you never include gamers for a long time now that, yes, have tons of games by now, and mostly finished them. What about them? Proposing Borderlands, Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty for the 10,256th time in 3 years, isn't it boring? What about independant games like Adventures of Pip, Untitled Goose Game, Zheros, or other mainstream titles that go on sale only once in a while, or never for some?

Always the same sales, Deals With GOLD, Summer Fest or Spring sales, only the number of choices and the event name change. And Microsoft or the publishers don't know the 'the older it is, the cheaper it goes'. Buying an old CoD $40€, no!

Imagine Netflix not making its catalogue rotate. Lots of good movies, but you already seen them dozens of time!
    I don't understand what you mean by policy, the periodic sales of Assassin's Creed is because that is Ubisoft's choosing, CoD sales is Activision's choosing and so on. The games that never seem to go on sale is because the owner of that IP actually wants the asking price for it, in other words they are purposely not putting that game on sale. They don't have to if they don't want to it is their property and profit margin. Large publishers like Ubisoft or Activision that decided to participate in periodic sales doesn't mean every publisher has to put their property on sale too.

The fact of the matter is there are surprise sales all the time; a title going on sale for the first time, a title going on sale again after a long time since the last one, a game going on sale cheaper than it has before etc etc. People like yourself see the periodic sales in a given week and already own everything else that looks interesting "to yourself and your gaming tastes" and think there is some sort of periodic sale conspiracy going on or something when there really isn't.
    Just have some consideration for people that don't own the games that are on sale that week and if you accept the fact that if an IP owner, for example, lists their game for $20 and it never goes on sale then that means that is a twenty dollar game and they're not willing to let copies go for $10 etc.
    Publishers participating in periodic sales doesn't mean the weekly sales are depressing, large publishers have a different "bottom line" than that of smaller publishers that need or want the profit margin of a $20 game and so on.

To put it simply large publishers aren't setting some kind of standard that all other publishers have to follow because of what they choose to do with their titles and games that never go on sale probably have a reason, it's not like they have to just because there are sales every week.
  • HellAlex92HellAlex92392,543
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 08:24
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    HellAlex92 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    All star fruit racing is free if you switch your region to japan.
    cannot confirm - it says
    "¥2,350 (税込) ¥705 (税込)
    70% オフ • 残り 7 日"
    Gwg for japan
    And Red Faction Armageddon

https://www.xbox.com/ja-jp/live/gold#gameswithgold

And Trine 4 in Korea

https://www.xbox.com/ko-kr/live/gold#gameswithgold

And for some reason Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants is free everywhere at the moment.
    I am an idiot. I forgot to log-in. That's why. :D
    It worked like a charm as I logged in, thanks!
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,921,642
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 13:10
    xDisturbedx666 said:
    Aeragon IX said:
    xDisturbedx666 said:
    May finally check out The Sinking City. Seems like a good price point for it now
    Not sure if its something that bother you, but you will be giving money to the publisher that didn't pay the devs and the devs just release a Series X and S version.
    I was not aware. Thank you for that. Certainly a sucky situation. May just wait for the series x edition then (once I can actually get a series x).
    Also good to note that original version, if played on one, has quite long load times:

"Open world games can be huge offenders when it comes to loading times, even when the best studios in the business are doing all they can to mitigate them. It should be no surprise, then, that a poorly optimised B-tier open world game like The Sinking City would suffer from loads best described as 'comically long.' Loading from the title screen into a late-game checkpoint took in excess of two minutes on Xbox One X (122 seconds, replete with misleading percentages, which are always fun), and that'd take even longer on an older console. Series X here enjoys the greatest feat of downtime elimination we managed to record with it so far, getting everything set up more than eight times faster than the old hardware in just 15 seconds."
    Xbox Series X load times tested

Bought disc ages ago, happy to play it again with SX version, but not at full price.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,921,642
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 13:21
    WanderingPlotor said:
    I can't figure out the Marketplace. I'm been waiting a year for Far Cry 4 360 DLC to go on sale. When I looked it up in the marketplace just now, I can't find Far Cry 4 (DLC or full game) that appears to be for 360 at all. Is it delisted? The DLC (Season pass) that I found is nicely discounted at $10 (and doesn't show up in the sale prices listed here) but it isn't super clear if it is Xbox One or not. I'm guessing it is. Am I right?
    One. Not sale on 360. Best check 360 versions on 360 or xbox.com
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • vegansoundvegansound843,327
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 18:10
    Cenosis said:
    I don't understand what you mean by policy, the periodic sales of Assassin's Creed is because that is Ubisoft's choosing, CoD sales is Activision's choosing and so on. The games that never seem to go on sale is because the owner of that IP actually wants the asking price for it, in other words they are purposely not putting that game on sale. They don't have to if they don't want to it is their property and profit margin. Large publishers like Ubisoft or Activision that decided to participate in periodic sales doesn't mean every publisher has to put their property on sale too.

The fact of the matter is there are surprise sales all the time; a title going on sale for the first time, a title going on sale again after a long time since the last one, a game going on sale cheaper than it has before etc etc. People like yourself see the periodic sales in a given week and already own everything else that looks interesting "to yourself and your gaming tastes" and think there is some sort of periodic sale conspiracy going on or something when there really isn't.
    Just have some consideration for people that don't own the games that are on sale that week and if you accept the fact that if an IP owner, for example, lists their game for $20 and it never goes on sale then that means that is a twenty dollar game and they're not willing to let copies go for $10 etc.
    Publishers participating in periodic sales doesn't mean the weekly sales are depressing, large publishers have a different "bottom line" than that of smaller publishers that need or want the profit margin of a $20 game and so on.

To put it simply large publishers aren't setting some kind of standard that all other publishers have to follow because of what they choose to do with their titles and games that never go on sale probably have a reason, it's not like they have to just because there are sales every week.
    I am totally agree with you. I know it's not Microsoft's choice to put this or that game in sale, but publishers'. I understand studios that don't want to put their games on sales because they would sell at a loss because too small companies. But there are plenty of counter-examples: CoD earns millions of dollars and never put, or not enough, or not at big discounts they games, and some studios put theirs in sales whereas they're small.

If you want to have 'fun', take a year, any, check every Deals With GOLD week sales, and count how many times Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Far Cry, etc. as been on sales. For example, take AC Odyssey or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and on these pages, look at the price history for them:
    - https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Assassin-s-Cr...
    - https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Borderlands-T...

So, I'm not complaining about the games (well yes, sort of), but the cadence of their sales. They are, so to speak, 'always' on sales. And I'm fed up with that. You say that some new people on the console are happy to get those titles on sales and that not everybody has them already. Really? I guess that now, with time, people ended up buying them at one sales or another.

And concerning studios that might don't want to put their games on sale, I don't think they did a commercial school, since marketing is also about putting sales sometimes, if they want to sell, and/or lower the prices with time, mostly in digital. A physical DVD, video game or CD gets cheaper with time, but seeing that a several years released game is still at $40 in digital, no!
  • BLANDU XBLANDU X72,656
    Posted on 12 May 21 at 23:33
    Is Sword Art Online - Fatal Bullet worh it?
    Thank you!
    Posted on 13 May 21 at 11:10
    Zalexzy said:
    WanderingPlotor said:
    One. Not sale on 360. Best check 360 versions on 360 or xbox.com
    FC4 360 is not BC, so it is not listed on the marketplace. You will only find it on the 360 store.
  • BizzahsBizzahs389,621
    Posted on 14 May 21 at 17:45, Edited on 14 May 21 at 18:13 by Bizzahs
    Raji: An Ancient Epic doesn't seem to be on sale anymore, anyone know why?
  • FalconReduxFalconRedux494,505
    Posted on 15 May 21 at 16:52
    Bizzahs said:
    Raji: An Ancient Epic doesn't seem to be on sale anymore, anyone know why?
    I’m not sure, but it’s frustrating because it was only discounted for 2 days. It’s on sale on steam and epic store until the end of the month and they’re pushing the PC sale on Twitter.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.