Game Discussion: Killer Queen Black

Looking for a partner to boost this game

• Posted on 12 May 21 at 01:42
    Anyone interested in boosting this game? I have 4 controllers and can set time aside to help someone grind to Obsidian rank and unlock the other achievements in the process.
  • LIMZYYLIMZYY815,378
    Posted on 07 July 21 at 22:25
    Yo I messaged you on xbox
    LIMZYY
  • BPERCYBPERCY1,805,758
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 19:21
    Did either of guys even start this game?
    I am not doing them all again. LOL I already did all 26 variants.... :I
  • Posted on 08 October 22 at 06:32
    I'm down. I have 4 controllers as well.
  • HucBerCranPerryHucBerCranPerry1,481,206
    Posted on 08 October 22 at 10:29
    Hit me up I have 4
    This is all I was saying smh I just consider it rather lazy to call a game midnight sons and and add a bunch of avengers.
  • Z792Z7921,533,760
    Posted on 09 October 22 at 04:52
    Good luck to anyone trying to finish this one before it gets shut down. Thank jebus there was a rank reset earlier this year, or else I probably wouldn't have been able to.

Just wanted to leave a few pointers:

Biggest tip I can give is You MUST win every single one of your placement matches to have any hope

RANKS:
    Obsidian will require reaching 2450 MMR. If you ace your placement matches, the game should start you somewhere around 2250 MMR, leaving only 200 points to grind out. If you don't do well in your placement matches (even if you lose only 1) you can start way below 2000, even down to <1500 in some cases.

You gain/lose anywhere from 1 point to 20ish per match, depending on the rank of the player you are against. If you're a plat winning against a gold, expect to see 4-6 points per game. If you are matched with an even lower rank, you'll get less (all the way down to 1 point per game).

This means that in a best-case scenario, you're looking at somewhere around 50 games if all goes well. Not terrible, but it gets old fast.

The Xbox version is pretty dead - I just used the SEA servers and didn't come across any randoms. Make sure to disable crossplay in the settings. Queue time to find my alt was typically between 60-200 seconds, so each full game takes around 5-6 minutes at worst.

GAMEPLAY:
    I definitely think the fastest method is to just kill the enemy queen. Can easily finish each round in under a minute that way. I'd be very hesitant to grind out your kills/berries/snail in ranked because...

Idle kick is VERY aggressive. It's like a 15 second timer - if you (and this goes for all 4 controllers if you're boosting), are stationary for more than a few seconds, the game will kick you. It'll count as a loss and you'll get a 15 minute ranked ban. Be very careful of this, especially during your placement matches.

Easy method around it is to rubberband all controllers.
  • GiinceeGiincee620,627
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 09:44
    Question:
    For example, can a platinum player even match with a silver player? Or do you need to be on the same rank?
  • CjhCarterCjhCarter1,271,593
    Posted on 19 October 22 at 22:38
    So get this... my friend and I were attempting to boost for obsidian rank just now, we both end up going the same record of 9-1 in our placement matches (both of our losses were due to inactivity), but I end up getting around 2270 MMR and he gets just barely over 1000. Same amount of wins and losses, same reason as to how and why we lost the one game, but I have more than double the MMR he does. I eventually ended up getting enough MMR for obsidian, but when he killed me it only gave +/- 24 MMR.

Is there anyone who could possibly know the reason behind why it's like this?
  • Z792Z7921,533,760
    Posted on 19 October 22 at 23:03
    CjhCarter vL said:
    ...and he gets just barely over 1000.
    Is there anyone who could possibly know the reason behind why it's like this?
    Welcome to KQB. The same thing happened to me, lost one placement match and it put me at 1100 MMR. Gave up on the game until I heard there had been a rank reset.

My condolences to your friend, they've got a long road ahead if they want the comp
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,199,461
    Posted on 26 October 22 at 16:59
    I'm looking to do this. I think it's best as a community we pass along the "Obsidian" rank.
  • TheAaronLadTheAaronLad1,728,938
    Posted on 08 November 22 at 23:52
    Z792 said:
    Good luck to anyone trying to finish this one before it gets shut down. Thank jebus there was a rank reset earlier this year, or else I probably wouldn't have been able to.

Just wanted to leave a few pointers:

Biggest tip I can give is You MUST win every single one of your placement matches to have any hope

RANKS:
    Obsidian will require reaching 2450 MMR. If you ace your placement matches, the game should start you somewhere around 2250 MMR, leaving only 200 points to grind out. If you don't do well in your placement matches (even if you lose only 1) you can start way below 2000, even down to <1500 in some cases.

You gain/lose anywhere from 1 point to 20ish per match, depending on the rank of the player you are against. If you're a plat winning against a gold, expect to see 4-6 points per game. If you are matched with an even lower rank, you'll get less (all the way down to 1 point per game).

This means that in a best-case scenario, you're looking at somewhere around 50 games if all goes well. Not terrible, but it gets old fast.

The Xbox version is pretty dead - I just used the SEA servers and didn't come across any randoms. Make sure to disable crossplay in the settings. Queue time to find my alt was typically between 60-200 seconds, so each full game takes around 5-6 minutes at worst.

GAMEPLAY:
    I definitely think the fastest method is to just kill the enemy queen. Can easily finish each round in under a minute that way. I'd be very hesitant to grind out your kills/berries/snail in ranked because...

Idle kick is VERY aggressive. It's like a 15 second timer - if you (and this goes for all 4 controllers if you're boosting), are stationary for more than a few seconds, the game will kick you. It'll count as a loss and you'll get a 15 minute ranked ban. Be very careful of this, especially during your placement matches.

Easy method around it is to rubberband all controllers.
    do you know when abouts the rank reset was? when I boosted obisidan in february it took damn near 16 hours total across 3 and some change days doing it due to it refusing to give the right placements and stuff, finishing my stuff up and helping a friend out and might need to make all new dummies at this point to essentially ladder boost it up for him.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,199,461
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 23:22
    Turn off "Cross Play".
  • x ShadoVV xx ShadoVV x455,615
    Posted on 15 November 22 at 15:18
    Anyone still need this I’d like to boost
  • GiinceeGiincee620,627
    Posted on 21 November 22 at 17:21
    I'm at 2369 MMR and I only get +1 every time I win against my second account.
    Is there any method to increase those points again? I went down from +4 to +1 really quickly
  • Posted on 21 November 22 at 18:38
    Hey I’m down to boost with ya. I’m litterally rank 0 but if we rank me up to u and then trade wins or so :) I also have 4 controllers
  • Posted on 21 November 22 at 19:00
    @giincee I am help u :) I tried to message you
  • Posted on 23 November 22 at 02:27
    Giincee said:
    I'm at 2369 MMR and I only get +1 every time I win against my second account.
    Is there any method to increase those points again? I went down from +4 to +1 really quickly
    I would recommend boosting another alt account to Gold or Platinum level. It won't really increase the MMR you receive that much but it's better than +1 after a match
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.