Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Contest: Win an Xbox Series X by unlocking achievements

  • Myths ArmadaMyths Armada185,885
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 11:58
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    THE VITTLER said:
    I hate these ‘highest GameScore’ competitions. For us mere mortals with a life and a job there is no chance. What would be better is for every achievement you unlock you get an entry to a draw. At least we’d have a chance.
    You can have both a life and full time job and still win this. Just requires planning and time management.
    So how does a person with a full time job match the progress of say a teenager that plays all day and evening?
  • Dusk X2Dusk X21,548,580
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:17
    This is a weird contest anyways isn't it? I saw it the other day when I fired up my old x1x in the living room cause my smart tv was being stupid and wouldn't open my hbo app. That when I saw the contest on a tile on that dashboard. Then I checked on my XSX and still haven't seen it. And searching for info on it on Xbox.com resulted in almost no info too. I only found 1 guy who had questions about it and had started a thread on the help forums. And why zombies in May? this would have been a good October/Halloween contest. Weird.
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:35
    Little bit late on this. Anyone who starts now definitely won't get it haha..
  • I Boz lI Boz l977,036
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:43
    Now i really start thinking some heads at MS have very, very low IQ.
    Like the previous contest with Bethesda titles, what if you already played most/all of them?

    Being in Europe won't let me partecipate, but i wouldn't anyway
  • Erythnul2020Erythnul2020199,531
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:43
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    THE VITTLER said:
    I hate these ‘highest GameScore’ competitions. For us mere mortals with a life and a job there is no chance. What would be better is for every achievement you unlock you get an entry to a draw. At least we’d have a chance.
    You can have both a life and full time job and still win this. Just requires planning and time management.
    Due to work, cleaning, shopping, exercising etc probably get 2-3 hours a day at most for leisure pursuits..no amount of time management could allow me that many of these...simply put, some people out there will share account to rack up a stupid amount of points in little or no time..may even complete all games this way...average working joe has no chance..
  • CanezzaCanezza155,584
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:56
    Dusk X2 said:
    This is a weird contest anyways isn't it? I saw it the other day when I fired up my old x1x in the living room cause my smart tv was being stupid and wouldn't open my hbo app. That when I saw the contest on a tile on that dashboard. Then I checked on my XSX and still haven't seen it. And searching for info on it on Xbox.com resulted in almost no info too. I only found 1 guy who had questions about it and had started a thread on the help forums. And why zombies in May? this would have been a good October/Halloween contest. Weird.
    It's super strange that Microsoft doesn't announce these. It was the same for the Ultimate Contest for the custom Bethesda Series X controllers — people only realised it was a thing after stumbling across the contest on their dashboards.

    Thanks for the heads-up, btw! It took me refreshing the dash numerous times to get it to show up at all, so chances are we would have completely missed it.
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • ZonkyZonky197,040
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 13:29
    These competitions don't really work with xbox's most loyal gamers do they? Like the Bestheda controller one, most fans of Bestheda will have lots of the achievements. I suppose it's about getting new customers on board, like a bank or ISP often do.
  • Ravenous IERavenous IE1,002,710
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 13:49
    Being from Ireland, this sucks. There are people on the TA Leaderboards who say they live in Ireland but live elsewhere in the world.

    Oh well, good luck to those doing this.
  • KawiNinjaRider7KawiNinjaRider71,148,474
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:09
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Some of these games don't have zombies in them at all LOL.
    What games?.. The only game from this list I haven't played or seen/heard any gameplay on is Double Kick Heroes so I couldn't comment on that. But I can assure you the rest do
  • TopherXPwnsTopherXPwns482,722
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:17
    These top earner contests are ridiculous. Why not make it something like a winner at random picked from gamers who earn a certain gamerscore threshold in these games this month. At least give people a chance.
    Twitter.com/topherxpwns
  • Ganesh78Ganesh78136,489
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:28
    So unlocking an achievement in their new cloud gaming doesn't count? Or does it? Supposedly you're playing on a virtual Xbox One.
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,645,001
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:41
    Mark Farley said:
    Queue the new gamertags...
    Ya these competitions suck. I've played 75% of them and have no interest in playing them again on an alt account against people who have no jobs or team up with friends.
    I like stuff
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL966,556
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:46, Edited on 17 May 21 at 14:48 by R3f1CuL
    Another sham ach contest where someone with a brand new tag, infinite time and loads of money will win like always. It's going to be funny when more than 5 people actually finish EVERY single game on offer there and they have to cannibalize each other for the prize lol
    So it goes...
  • AmlofAmlof150,160
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:53
    I would've considered trying... but haven't seen this once (I live in Australia) and this post is roughly 3 weeks late. rip new xbox
  • Watty8883Watty88832,213,776
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 14:54
    So this started more than two weeks ago ? Thanks for the heads up.
  • CanezzaCanezza155,584
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 15:27, Edited on 17 May 21 at 15:43 by Canezza
    Watty8883 said:
    So this started more than two weeks ago ? Thanks for the heads up.
    It's the first we've heard of it, unfortunately. Microsoft hasn't announced anything on this, much like the previous Ultimate Contest, it just started appearing on the dash of Xbox consoles.
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • EveryBaseEveryBase359,343
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 15:33, Edited on 17 May 21 at 16:17 by EveryBase
    KawiNinjaRider7 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Some of these games don't have zombies in them at all LOL.
    What games?.. The only game from this list I haven't played or seen/heard any gameplay on is Double Kick Heroes so I couldn't comment on that. But I can assure you the rest do
    I don't remember seeing zombies in any of the Dead Space, or most of the Doom games unless I missed something. I mean they could be misclassified as "undead" but necromorphs were infected or something so they mutated which I don't think fits under zombie. and A demon from hell is its own thing. In Doom 3 there were zombie-like possessed humans. Still, a stretch but whatever If you think of em as zombies you're not really wrong either I guess. All subjective I just don't personally relate them to zombie games.
  • Sneaky G WizardSneaky G Wizard1,019,246
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 15:41
    Another "biggest loser wins" competition laugh

    Any respectable gamer should have played and completed most of these titles already, so personally I'd have to open up a new account just to rinse through them all again... ahhh no thanks lol
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 16:05
    Genial, tampoco podemos participar los jugadores en México y LATAM. Gracias Microsoft!
    Improving my gamerscore with Game pass easiest completions!
  • gothmogesgothmoges560,704
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 16:14
    Hard pass. Ah, no, that I live in a second class country, I can't even pass.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.