Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Contest: Win an Xbox Series X by unlocking achievements

• xylofisoxylofiso45,864
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 16:24
    I saw this on my dashboard right at the end of April and thought oh that's weird, zombies in May, maybe I will try it and forgot all about it until a few days ago. I'm trying to play catch up with the easy games on the list. To my understanding after reading the rules, it is only games on the list and achievements earned in the month of May 2021. So if you already have the points, you have to make a new account to have the points tallied towards the top gamerscore. This is the only site I have seen online like after the last few days post even anything remotely about this, so I am hoping maybe somewhere out there not a lot of people heard about it until now, and maybe I can knock out the rest of the easy 1000 point games and start trying to grind through the others. I've been putting off my cardio for this (I swear it's not just because i'm not in a good mood) so here goes nothing. My question to you all though if anyone is still browsing this thread....the TA leaderboard list linked in original post....does this include all gamerscore from all games for this month or is it only the gamerscore from the zombie games? Based on that, it is still very possible anyone's game, but I feel like a lot of players out there don't even use this site for the social aspect, just the reading achievement guides. Anyways, kudos to you all. Good luck getting that new Series X anyway you can!
  • CraiglionheartCraiglionheart1,106,968
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 16:52
    No point even trying to compete with people making new tags, who can team up with friends and play 24/7. A FAIR competition would be nice.....
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end...
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,103
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 18:07
    Double Kick Heroes is a blast... if you have an affinity for heavy metal, that is. rock
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,169
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 18:31, Edited on 17 May 21 at 18:51 by HolyHalfDead
    Zonky said:
    These competitions don't really work with xbox's most loyal gamers do they? Like the Bestheda controller one, most fans of Bestheda will have lots of the achievements. I suppose it's about getting new customers on board, like a bank or ISP often do.
    If this was retroactive, then these prizes would go to the same people in the world every month. These same people already get enough freebies for being the Xbox brands “most loyal gamers”.

No, this is a real competition, where the winners are the ones who are the best at something. It’s just in these competitions there are no rules as to how you achieve that - the use of performance enhancing chemicals are permitted ;)

To win, you need to put your team together, create a fresh tag, be ready at the start date/time, clear your schedule (quit your job or college), stock up on Ritalin (or whatever floats your boat), and have access to all the games. Then it is a race to finish all those games first, using sites like TA and whatever achievement “worlds” and quick completion methods are out there. You need to make sure you have someone to take over when you do sleep. All for a $500 prize.

Microsoft run plenty of winner chosen at “random” competitions, such as the $5/$10 giveaways during sales. Then there are “punch cards” on the Xbox Rewards console app every week you can take part in and win. But if 5,000,000 people pop just 1 achievement in 1 of those games in May, you would have a one in a million chance of winning if drawn at random.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • RandomnuttaRandomnutta1,395,926
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 18:55
    If it’s anything like Hall of Fame people will be completely cheated 🙄
    https://www.youtube.com/randomnutta
  • WicelowWicelow1,361,799
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 19:19
    Yet again, not in a "worthy" country... 😐
    Good luck to the chosen ones 😁
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • YaevenYaeven242,378
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 20:11
    "The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Contest runs from 12:01 pm PT on May 1st until 11:59 pm PT on May 31st. Good luck!"

There's probably no way to phrase this without sounding entitled so.. why are these so late? This was only posted now, 16 days after the event started. The ship has sailed and the five winners are more than likely decided by now, what's the point anymore?
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 21:17
    I saw it on Xbox last week and thought it was too late to have a chance joining so it's a no from me here.
    Besides, even if I did start on the 1st of the month the winner is going to be some person making a new account so they can play all the games and they'll do nothing else all day for the month. There is no chance at winning against that.
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 21:31
    Any proper profile is basically being stuffed here for already playing the games they were interested in.

Even though I still wouldn't get anywhere near and some would still be fucked over they could at the very least make these contests for upcoming additions, announcing it before they enter GP.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • TervissimoTervissimo543,589
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 23:45
    Double Kick Heroes is much easier than its ratio indicates, and its a sub 10 hour completion in case anyone is interested.
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 23:57
    No evil within 2?
    Cool story bro.
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,600,298
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 00:03
    Randomnutta said:
    Yep, I'm still bitter about that whole thing lol

I took a week off work, bought $400 in new games to play and played on my real account. Still finished with like 100k score during the time but like everyone didn't read the "fine print" nobody else had access to.
    I like stuff
  • RandomnuttaRandomnutta1,395,926
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 00:12
    Y2Kasper10 said:
    Randomnutta said:
    Yep, I'm still bitter about that whole thing lol

I took a week off work, bought $400 in new games to play and played on my real account. Still finished with like 100k score during the time but like everyone didn't read the "fine print" nobody else had access to.
    They don’t give a shit at all, never again!
    https://www.youtube.com/randomnutta
  • Chef Not ChiefChef Not Chief1,285,998
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 00:25
    o Titeuf50 o said:
    Europeans are always excluded from this type of program I find it lousy by microsofts it makes like the 10k reward only players who spend very little money on games are favored by these programs I think he should do this type of program for everyone and not out of favoritism
    More than likely, the reason you can't participate in most contests is not because Microsoft is excluding you, but rather your own country's laws prevent it or make it so difficult, that it's not worth it for a company like Microsoft to bother trying to accommodate it. I highly doubt a company like Microsoft has any interest in actively excluding a consumer base
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 06:30
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    No evil within 2?
    Not on Game Pass.
  • o Titeuf50 oo Titeuf50 o951,754
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 06:38
    Chef Not Chief said:
    o Titeuf50 o said:
    Europeans are always excluded from this type of program I find it lousy by microsofts it makes like the 10k reward only players who spend very little money on games are favored by these programs I think he should do this type of program for everyone and not out of favoritism
    More than likely, the reason you can't participate in most contests is not because Microsoft is excluding you, but rather your own country's laws prevent it or make it so difficult, that it's not worth it for a company like Microsoft to bother trying to accommodate it. I highly doubt a company like Microsoft has any interest in actively excluding a consumer base
    I live in France this is the first time that I am excluded from this type of program I am a little disappointed
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw802,644
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 08:43
    Would've been nice of EA to fix the unobtainable PvZ GW2 achievements...
    There is always a way.
  • Ian333333Ian333333575,599
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 10:09
    I can’t see this offer on my dashboard even though I’m from the uk, highly unlikely I’d win but no harm in taking part...
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,510,433
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 13:18
    After the massive fuck up that was Hall of Fame this competition can go and get fucked!
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 16:17, Edited on 18 May 21 at 16:17 by AC1DGro0ve 3o3
    ...so a month long contest with 13 days left? makes sense.
    Start at crazy, then work backwards.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.