Game Discussion: Resident Evil 4 HD (Xbox 360)

So where does the ratio land?

• Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,377
    Posted on 26 September 11 at 22:31
    I like seeing threads early in a game's life where people try to predict the end ratio based on their personal experiences. I'm in late chapter 4 in my first run-through and very much consider this an easy 1k. (mostly due to the minimal number of achievements and what they entail) I guess 10+ runs through the GameCube version dont hurt either smile

I think RE 4 remake will end up in the 1.4 range, mostly based on the fact 2 playthroughs are required. It could stay higher if some people struggle and swear off the "hard" playthrough or really struggle with the target mini-game. But on the flip-side, most anyone buying this game has played it before, so the ratio could be obscenely low, like CoD games.

What do you think?
    For the Rum and the Cheese!
  • MsrossMsross1,244,822
    Posted on 26 September 11 at 22:50
    If it wasn't GoD only, it might be much different, as more people would play it.. .

I'd get the game (again).. but GoD? fuck no.

TBH, I dont know what going on at capcom, reeks of a company in its final thralls of grabbing at every last bit of money it can.. Change of CEO coming soon?
  • verssumverssum254,589
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 00:28
    Msross said:
    TBH, I dont know what going on at capcom, reeks of a company in its final thralls of grabbing at every last bit of money it can.. Change of CEO coming soon?
    They're far from gone and there doesn't seem to be much incentive in changing CEO's if they're pulling business decisions like this, MVC, SF, and so on. Wait...what does this even have to do with the thread topic? Anyways, my guess is 1865 in three and a half months time.
  • Posted on 27 September 11 at 09:26
    Not yet played this version yet but I guess it will be a 1.4~1.6 (at most) in a few months
  • jleona201jleona201107,874
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 09:34, Edited on 27 September 11 at 09:34 by jleona201
    I'd have to go with 1.6 +- 0.1. Most people will have played either the gc, wii or ps2 version before so will have some practice with pro difficulty. But there will be some people who haven't played it before or even an RE title, so they could struggle with pro and just give up eventually.
  • Posted on 27 September 11 at 10:33
    I think a lot of people will wait for this to go on sale, i will. 1600ms points is a bit much for a game this old, as good as it is. If it goes DOTW expect the ratio to drop a fair bit.
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 11:28, Edited on 27 September 11 at 11:28 by Das Kuhnen
    I know there are some gamers out there in which RE 5 was their first title (mostly due to age, we cant all have played GameCube laugh) That might bring in some RE 5 fans to try it as well, given the similarities in gameplay.

Is it just me or does something about the controls feel weird at first in 4?
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 11:46
    Das Kuhnen said:
    I know there are some gamers out there in which RE 5 was their first title (mostly due to age, we cant all have played GameCube laugh) That might bring in some RE 5 fans to try it as well, given the similarities in gameplay.

Yeah I agree with you, but I wonder if they'll try cvx. Both of these I have bought as soon as they hit the marketplace because they are so awesome(especially cvx). I had the same problem with the controls too. It took me about 10 - 20 mins to get used to them. Every now and then I still press a wrong button. But not too bad after a while.
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 11:54
    superallyno1 said:
    Das Kuhnen said:

Yeah I agree with you, but I wonder if they'll try cvx. Both of these I have bought as soon as they hit the marketplace because they are so awesome(especially cvx). I had the same problem with the controls too. It took me about 10 - 20 mins to get used to them. Every now and then I still press a wrong button. But not too bad after a while.
    Thanks for that! CVX had slipped my mind, planned last week to pick it up today.

Hhmm.. CV:X will be a hard ratio to judge. Some will get it out of curiousity, but completely hate the old-school gameplay. Some players that loved the old and hate the 2 newest games will probably play CV instead of 4. From what I remember, the achievement list didn't look too bad, but I must admit Code Veronica is the RE I have the least amount of experience with. I never owned til it got re-released on Game Cube (yet I somehow have a DreamCast version no as well lol)
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 13:02
    Das Kuhnen said:
    superallyno1 said:
    Das Kuhnen said:

Thanks for that! CVX had slipped my mind, planned last week to pick it up today.

Hhmm.. CV:X will be a hard ratio to judge. Some will get it out of curiousity, but completely hate the old-school gameplay. Some players that loved the old and hate the 2 newest games will probably play CV instead of 4. From what I remember, the achievement list didn't look too bad, but I must admit Code Veronica is the RE I have the least amount of experience with. I never owned til it got re-released on Game Cube (yet I somehow have a DreamCast version no as well lol)
    No problem. I loved the old to the new games, but still appreciate that the newer ones are good games in their own right but just aren't classic RE games. I'd have to say that CVX is in my top 3 RE games ever. At least it actually has zombies in it unlike 4 and 5. The achievements for CVX require you to get the rocket launcher and the linear launcher which could be difficult for those that aren't too familiar with the older games or even just CVX in general, but the rest are pretty much just for playing through the story but 2 are easily missable if you don't know what you're doing.
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,291,162
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 13:34
    I think (and hope) the ratio won't drop below a 1.7-1.8 simply because the achievements that people are less likely to get have such high gamerscore values. Imagine that every single person who played the game got every single achievement except the professional difficulty one which retained a 3 ratio (which I can easily imagine that achievement doing), thanks to it being worth 150G the overall ratio would still be a 1.3.
    I honestly think you're selling it far too short to give it an overall 1.4 although you could be right. There are a number of remakes/rereleases on here with much lower ratios than I think they deserve (I'm looking at you Doom and Doom 2) and I can only guess that's because most of the people who play them are old fans who know the games inside out.
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 13:43
    I said about 1.6 because a lot of the people buying it will know the game like the back of their hand, but since 4 is similar to 5, which many who are new to the series played,some might look to give 4 a try thus increasing the ratio slightly for some of the achievements that are miss able or just difficult to get, and the game overall.
  • Posted on 30 September 11 at 23:49
    I've never played CV, would I get brutalized?
    Noobtubes are like Tampons. Only Pussies need them.
    Posted on 01 October 11 at 15:20
    CracKforBrumak said:
    Are you familiar with the older Resident Evil gameplay? CV is similar to how the original 3 games play.
  • xL3N1NxL3N1N307,086
    Posted on 01 October 11 at 21:40
    I say 1.8 when all is said and done.
    Posted on 02 October 11 at 12:44
    CracKforBrumak said:
    If you've played any of the earlier RE's then you should be fine, but if you haven't then it would take a while to get used to the camera angles etc but after a little while you'd be fine.
  • Posted on 04 October 11 at 10:19
    I could see it stopping at around 1.7-1.8. Really depends on how many people beat the game on Pro.
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz270,836
    Posted on 18 October 11 at 16:31
    just hit the 1.7 mark. that's unfortunate, i completed the game when the ratio was 3.2 or something crazy like that. :P
    Posted on 18 October 11 at 16:33
    Yeah, I was just checking it myself. It was worth about 2200 when i completed it.
  • xL3N1NxL3N1N307,086
    Posted on 21 October 11 at 13:00
    1.6 and going down, guess I was wrong, I underestimated that mostly hardcore resident evil fans are going to be playing this, so of course we're going to complete it...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads