The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: May 18th, 2021

• Posted on 18 May 21 at 07:18
    Another week without Katamari Damacy Reroll cry That game is out since november, so it should have been in a sale by now.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,816
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 07:51
    I got Crysis & Hello Neighbour
  • Harvy75Harvy75110,972
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 09:14
    A Plague Tale: Innocence
    One of the Lost Ones
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,423,559
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 10:11
    Jonnybekeww said:
    Just got 8floor strategic collection. $3.99 for 7000 gamerscore.Thank youclap
    You'll probably lose the will to live before you get all 7000 in these once you start playing them
    Too much work, not enough games
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 10:52
    PURESSENCE said:
    Jonnybekeww said:
    You'll probably lose the will to live before you get all 7000 in these once you start playing them
    Lol what do you mean by that
    daringDK2006
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,423,559
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 11:03
    daringDK2006 said:
    PURESSENCE said:
    Jonnybekeww said:
    Lol what do you mean by that
    It's 7000 gamerscore, but 6-8 hours completion per game, and each game is essentially exactly the same. You might die of boredom before completion.
    Too much work, not enough games
  • vegansoundvegansound848,871
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 11:10
    TwistedTB said:
    vegansound said:
    Does anyone know what is this 'FlatWarriors' game? It's been ages it's free, but no achievement list here, nor gameplay footage on YouTube, a real ghost...
    As far as I can tell, it is a free indie game with no achievements. I picked it up a while back since it was free but deleted it since I have plenty of games that do have achievements to play.
    From what I remember, this game seems always free. I can see "$1.99=>Free' all the time. Took it a long time ago, but never played. I wanted to see some gameplay, but with no luck... Until now. I rechecked, and there are now plenty, but all in the last 12 months only, whereas the game is 3 years old now. But not my kind, I'll delete it and get 26,76 Mo back. headspin
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,442
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 11:40
    Finally Untitled Goose game is on sale. My daughter will be happy.
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,401,044
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 11:40
    85% off Zombie Army Trilogy? Hell yeah.

Another game I started on GP and never finished. For that price though, I will be sure to grab it. It will probably still be way deep in my backlog though, lol.
  • xKrypt0xKrypt018,495 18,495 GamerScore
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 12:19
    daringDK2006 said:
    Seeker06 said:
    Any international GWG updates?
    Red faction: Armageddon is free from the Japan store

https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/p/red-faction-armageddon/bwb...
    I had a quick look and the usual method of changing your location doesn't show it's free even when i'm logged in.
    Anyone else have any luck getting this to work, and therefore have any idea what I am doing wrong.

I've taken advantage of the free in another country thing before but nothing shows up here it still wants to charge ¥ 3,750 even on the Japanese site, & I tried the Xbox One store and the Xbox marketplace and they are the same.

Anyone got any ideas about this. Or indeed anything else going free ?
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 14:10
    Not sure what sale it's part of, but the Remnant: From the Ashes DLCs are on sale for $5 (50% off) this week.
  • Rista BRista B629,412
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 14:45
    Boots Orion said:
    NickCremonez said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Can anyone confirm if Cities: Skyline - Mayor's Edition contains ALL DLC? The TA sales page (Cities: Skylines - Mayor's Edition) for it doesn't list all of the DLC in the "Included DLC" sidebar, but it says it includes both Season Passes.
    IIRC it contains all the dlc from both season passes, I think only some radio statios aren't included

EDIT: just checked my acc, the Campus Expansion and the Sunset Harbor Expansion are sold separately
    Cool...thanks!
    I'd buy a complete edition of the game if they ever issue one. Paradox seems to have a business model of continually adding DLC to their strategy games. Good for them for continually supporting their games but they usually charge a hefty price for it and it's not clear when they are done adding more content.
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 15:26
    Anyone knows if the First Colony Edition for Surviving Mars has both DLCs Space Race and Green Planet? Here says it just have Space Race, but it has the Season Pass so im not sure whats going on but I want to make sure before either wasting or spending my money right
    DELETE THIS ASAP, TC IS WATCHING
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,564
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 16:54
    Rista B said:
    Boots Orion said:
    NickCremonez said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Can anyone confirm if Cities: Skyline - Mayor's Edition contains ALL DLC? The TA sales page (Cities: Skylines - Mayor's Edition) for it doesn't list all of the DLC in the "Included DLC" sidebar, but it says it includes both Season Passes.
    IIRC it contains all the dlc from both season passes, I think only some radio statios aren't included

EDIT: just checked my acc, the Campus Expansion and the Sunset Harbor Expansion are sold separately
    Cool...thanks!
    I'd buy a complete edition of the game if they ever issue one. Paradox seems to have a business model of continually adding DLC to their strategy games. Good for them for continually supporting their games but they usually charge a hefty price for it and it's not clear when they are done adding more content.
    100% agree.

The Mayor's Edition's description is completely misleading too as it presents it as though it contains everything (by using the word ALL).

To make matters worse, the DLC that isn't included (in both cases) is really expensive. I'd have been pissed had I bought a complete edition that wasn't complete.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • RiIeyRiIey637,152
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 17:56
    Cringe sale
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 20:09
    Some stuff I want but not discounted enough yet
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 20:12
    Is blast em bunnies any good? Never heard of it before and it’s only $1.99 for me haha... (if it’s not good is it at least worth $1.99)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 May 21 at 05:09
    Boots Orion said:
    Rista B said:
    Boots Orion said:
    NickCremonez said:
    Boots Orion said:

Cool...thanks!
    100% agree.

The Mayor's Edition's description is completely misleading too as it presents it as though it contains everything (by using the word ALL).

To make matters worse, the DLC that isn't included (in both cases) is really expensive. I'd have been pissed had I bought a complete edition that wasn't complete.
    Commonplace in the gaming industry. The only way it will end is if they get reported to the likes of the advertising standards agency
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,401,044
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 05:33
    xxMacLellanxx said:
    Is blast em bunnies any good? Never heard of it before and it’s only $1.99 for me haha... (if it’s not good is it at least worth $1.99)
    It is not terrible. It is a first person, turret game where you shoot down waves of enemy bunnies. I would say 2 dollars would be worth it. There is an achievement that requires you to play daily challenges for about a month, so it will probably require a bit of a grind.

The rest of the game though is pretty fun though.
  • Anthony AjaxAnthony Ajax188,936
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 11:57
    JafethTheXtreme said:
    Anyone knows if the First Colony Edition for Surviving Mars has both DLCs Space Race and Green Planet? Here says it just have Space Race, but it has the Season Pass so im not sure whats going on but I want to make sure before either wasting or spending my money right
    Can confirm that First Colony edition includes everything. Source: I bought it in April or March AND listed in the choose edition in the Store on Xbox.
    Halo 2 RIP 4/15/10. Handydarkness RIP 6/20/2017.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.