Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, Surviving Mars, and more leaving soon

• Posted on 18 May 21 at 16:10
    (Surviving Mars) So the first colony edition includes both DLC for console, making that the best way as it's only 19 USD
    Now what about for Windows 10? First colony edition is not on sale there. Will it be on sale soon and just not updated yet? If not is the cheapest way to get it just buying the separate DLCs?
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion776,373
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 17:21
    HolyHalfDead said:
    CrazyCanuckJ said:
    Is the "cheat" for b Surviving Mars something that can be seen as glitching or abuse and result in an account suspension or anything? Especially with the 10,000/10,000 reward punch that's currently active?
    It’s impossible to abuse the Xbox One achievement system, so no account suspension. Microsoft’s very own Age of Empires officially supports unlocking all the achievements in no time. On Xbox 360, editing your profile to unlock all the achievements in all the games you played did result in a Gamerscore reset but not an achievement reset, so you couldn’t earn those achievements again.

Only sites like TA care about how you got the achievements - and if you can do it in game and not through profile or save file manipulation, then it is okay with TA.
    Just like with baseball and its weird treatment of the steroid era, we can publicly shame the people who resort to this "non-cheating" though. wink
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 17:25, Edited on 18 May 21 at 17:26 by Boots Orion
    EarthboundX said:
    Harry Alphabet said:
    Some of these completion times make me laugh. 20-25 hours for Void Bastards? No way. Look at the hours people have put in completing it - the enormous ratio. It's a stealth game - you are outgunned, outnumbered all the time and it's permadeath. Get a few achievements before it leaves for the ratios but a quickie it is not. A fond farewell for the game that kept me in GTASC week after week.
    I think that's more of a factor that the vast majority of people don't bother to leave completion time estimates for games. So the people that did, did complete it in that time.
    It's also sometimes based on the fact that you can't leave a "completion time" estimate unless you have completed a game. Whenever it is a game that is skill based, while the general public may find it hard, the ones who completed it didn't and got through it quicker than others ever could. So, their completion times can't be expected for most people.
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221942,979
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 18:16
    Goodbye Void Bastards. You're in my top 5 of games from the last decade. I'm being cheap right now, but I WILL purchase you if you drop DLC with achievements. But at this point, doesn't seem likely, as you're a couple years old now.
  • Old TanukiOld Tanuki235,892
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 20:27
    Harry Alphabet said:
    Some of these completion times make me laugh. 20-25 hours for Void Bastards? No way. Look at the hours people have put in completing it - the enormous ratio. It's a stealth game - you are outgunned, outnumbered all the time and it's permadeath. Get a few achievements before it leaves for the ratios but a quickie it is not. A fond farewell for the game that kept me in GTASC week after week.
    I think you're right. It's not an insanely difficult game but some people are going to be bamboozled by that completion estimate.

That being said, it's an excellent game that exudes so much style and character. I'm not going to complete it on this gamertag before it leaves but I will pick it up -- with the DLC -- eventually... if only to support whoever made that bangin' Krell-Mart music. laugh
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,513
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 20:48
    EarthboundX said:
    Harry Alphabet said:
    I think that's more of a factor that the vast majority of people don't bother to leave completion time estimates for games. So the people that did, did complete it in that time.
    It’s an honesty system, and many people are not being honest with themselves. It’s anonymous so there really is no point bragging that you completed a 20-25 hour game in 0-1 hours.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 21:08
    HolyHalfDead said:
    It’s an honesty system, and many people are not being honest with themselves. It’s anonymous so there really is no point bragging that you completed a 20-25 hour game in 0-1 hours.
    You might be on to something there about honesty... I looked at the 100% club and there's a whopping zero people that have clocked in less than 25 hours not counting the individuals who have the "0 minutes played" bug. laugh Like I said in another comment, people are going to have their hands full because of this dubious estimate.
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 21:20, Edited on 18 May 21 at 21:22 by Boots Orion
    ^ yeah. That's always bothered me. People shouldn't mark it as a 0-1 hour completion if they used console commands. They shouldn't add anything. They didn't even play the game.

For this reason, and others, I've started using "www.howlongtobeat.com" for my completion time estimates. It's so much better than TA for that as it provides estimates for different types of completions.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,513
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 21:47, Edited on 18 May 21 at 21:51 by HolyHalfDead
    Boots Orion said:
    ^ yeah. That's always bothered me. People shouldn't mark it as a 0-1 hour completion if they used console commands. They shouldn't add anything. They didn't even play the game.

For this reason, and others, I've started using "www.howlongtobeat.com" for my completion time estimates. It's so much better than TA for that as it provides estimates for different types of completions.
    Even long completion games/DLC without console commands or achievement worlds have people putting 0-1 hours.

Another problem is TA use lowest Mode average for the estimated completion time. So if 25% of people put 20-25 hours, and the other 75% put over 25 hours, the completion time will show as 20-25 hours. The Median average might be 35-40 hours, and the Mean average might be 40-50 hours.

I'm all for TA displaying the fastest completion time for those after a fast 10,000G, where the person spent 20 hours watching and memorising YouTube clips before attempting their speed run of 100 collectables. But I would prefer the Mean average as an indication on how long it takes a typical gamer who isn't just following someone else who has already completed the game.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 18 May 21 at 21:54
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Boots Orion said:

Even long completion games/DLC without console commands or achievement worlds have people putting 0-1 hours.

Another problem is TA use lowest Mode average for the estimated completion time. So if 25% of people put 20-25 hours, and the other 75% put over 25 hours, the completion time will show as 20-25 hours. The Median average might be 35-40 hours, and the Mean average might be 40-50 hours.

I'm all for TA displaying the fastest completion time for those after a fast 10,000G, where the person spent 20 hours beforehand watching and memorising YouTube clips before their speed run of 100 collectables. But I would prefer the Mean average as an indication on how long it takes a typical gamer who isn't just following someone else who has already completed the game.
    Oh definitely, I noticed a while ago that TA uses the mode for the completion time estimate on every game's TA page, but it's never made sense to me. Why not use the mean or even the median? Either would make way more sense than the mode.
  • A 0 UB3RLOZ3RA 0 UB3RLOZ3R1,045,760
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 00:18
    I think they ought to give a one month notice before pulling the games
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC835,964
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 02:01
    Feels like I've been dodging bullet after bullet this year. I don't think they've removed a single game I started or planned on starting so far.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • DeckersDeckers414,410
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 07:23
    still a pitty nobody is playing bro force, such a funny game
  • Posted on 19 May 21 at 17:30
    Wanted to compete Void Bastards last year but after playing the Pc version: I realized I don’t have the skill nor stamina to tackle the random nature of the gamelaugh
  • Posted on 19 May 21 at 18:48
    MS need to give more notice when games leave but no doubt its a way of selling more games. Sometimes if you look at the games that were added in June 2020, you can guess which ones might leave next month. I think The Bard's Tale ARPG: Remastered and Observation might leave (both are good for the 10k reward points that is going on now btw)
  • Posted on 19 May 21 at 19:27
    Rip Surviving Mars, I kept waiting on the season pass to go on sale for cheap, but the bastards would only discount First Colony Edition
  • lab0kuplab0kup1,749,175
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 21:37
    Who can get estimate on Kingdom hearts 2.8? Ta average says 40-50, but walkthrough 100-120. Who to believe?
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 00:22
    Worldtraveller7 said:
    MS need to give more notice when games leave but no doubt its a way of selling more games. Sometimes if you look at the games that were added in June 2020, you can guess which ones might leave next month. I think The Bard's Tale ARPG: Remastered and Observation might leave (both are good for the 10k reward points that is going on now btw)
    The Bard's Tale series is a Microsoft property so it shouldn't be in danger of leaving.
  • benvegbenveg683,166
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 14:34
    Can I skip KH 1+2 and still understand 2.8?
  • zr122zr122495,930
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 15:46
    benveg said:
    Can I skip KH 1+2 and still understand 2.8?
    Unfortunately, no. 2.8 features two games: Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep ~A Fragmentary Passage~. DDD is a direct continuation of the main story from KH2, while AFP is a sequel to the original BBS, which is the series prequel. It also helps to explain the primary antagonist's motivations.

So, yeah, you need to play them all to actively understand.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.