Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, Surviving Mars, and more leaving soon

• zr122zr122495,930
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 15:53
    lab0kup said:
    Who can get estimate on Kingdom hearts 2.8? Ta average says 40-50, but walkthrough 100-120. Who to believe?
    Only 226 people have completed 2.8. It seems to me that most of them are the kind of gamers who try to beat things as fast as possible. They skip cutscenes, play on the hardest difficulty right away, etc. I would assume quite a few of them have already beaten the games on PS3 and PS4, so know what to do.

The 100-120 hour estimate assumes you are playing through each game twice, experiencing the story, maybe even having a bit of bad luck with RNG.
  • Posted on 20 May 21 at 18:42
    Brave Tanuki said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    It’s an honesty system, and many people are not being honest with themselves. It’s anonymous so there really is no point bragging that you completed a 20-25 hour game in 0-1 hours.
    You might be on to something there about honesty... I looked at the 100% club and there's a whopping zero people that have clocked in less than 25 hours not counting the individuals who have the "0 minutes played" bug. laugh Like I said in another comment, people are going to have their hands full because of this dubious estimate.
    There's some on the second page and plenty that are close. Don't forget these times aren't exactly accurate, it's how long the game was running not how long they played it.
  • Old TanukiOld Tanuki235,892
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 19:50, Edited on 20 May 21 at 19:51 by Old Tanuki
    The Allslayer said:
    Brave Tanuki said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    It’s an honesty system, and many people are not being honest with themselves. It’s anonymous so there really is no point bragging that you completed a 20-25 hour game in 0-1 hours.
    You might be on to something there about honesty... I looked at the 100% club and there's a whopping zero people that have clocked in less than 25 hours not counting the individuals who have the "0 minutes played" bug. laugh Like I said in another comment, people are going to have their hands full because of this dubious estimate.
    There's some on the second page and plenty that are close. Don't forget these times aren't exactly accurate, it's how long the game was running not how long they played it.
    You're right! Looks like there's one person who made it in less than 25 hours after all. I missed them because I eyeballed the list and forgot you could sort numerically. In any case, unless the majority of 100 percenters let the game idle for 10 plus hours, the estimate is still woefully inaccurate if going by pure averages.

In some cases, the tracker can actually be an accurate representation -- for example, I recently completed Gato Roboto and inadvertently left the game idling overnight but, in the end, it only tracked actual play time. In my case, 8 hours or something but it would have been closer to 20 if the idled time was calculated. No idea if that's the case for Void Bastards though but it goes without saying that TA's completion estimate feature would especially benefit from MS setting a standard for what their API tracks and what it doesn't.
  • Posted on 20 May 21 at 23:44
    Needing help with unlocking the DLC in the Windows 10 version. I’ve used Choggi 2, Seb 12 and Seb? and no luck. I do own the DLC, so I’m at a loss here.
  • Posted on 21 May 21 at 18:45
    Also I found Seb123 - when I click install it doesn’t install and tells me to install again.
  • AquaKILLAH KEVAquaKILLAH KEV1,255,312
    Posted on 30 May 21 at 06:05
    zr122 said:
    lab0kup said:
    Who can get estimate on Kingdom hearts 2.8? Ta average says 40-50, but walkthrough 100-120. Who to believe?
    Only 226 people have completed 2.8. It seems to me that most of them are the kind of gamers who try to beat things as fast as possible. They skip cutscenes, play on the hardest difficulty right away, etc. I would assume quite a few of them have already beaten the games on PS3 and PS4, so know what to do.

The 100-120 hour estimate assumes you are playing through each game twice, experiencing the story, maybe even having a bit of bad luck with RNG.
    I managed to beat em in about 55 hours and I watched all the cutscenes on my first play of both games. I just started on proud for both and did a critical run skipping for 0.2 afterwards. Never played either before but I did finish 1.5-2.5 before that. So with experience in the series they aren't bad at all. And I'd say anywhere from 40-60 is reasonable enough.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.