Game Discussion: NHL 94 Rewind

I do not get it, I just don't

• Posted on 20 May 21 at 13:16
    I'm just going to lose my mind playing this game. I don't get anything right, I don't understand why I can't get anything right.

No amount of "easy goal" videos are going to help me, because something is seriously wrong. Am I just completely inept at aiming for goal, or doing what the videos say? "All" I have to do is just hold B as I go from the circle to the middle, and I'll score almost everytime right? Then why am I being tackled every single time I try, or being saved everytime I try? Am I stupid?

Or I can just do slapshots because most of the time they'll go in right? Then why can I never pass to a teammate because it always gets blocked, or goes nowhere f***** near my teammates? Am I even more stupid?

The worst part is reading everywhere else that it is an easy completion, an easy game to beat. Everyone else can do it just fine. So why can't I.
  • LvxLvx301,031
    Posted on 20 May 21 at 14:29
    I felt the same way with 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. I don't get hockey games apparently. I feel your pain, it's infuriating.
  • Hyper445Hyper445323,265
    Posted on 22 May 21 at 18:35
    This game and the walkthrough are so freaking infuriating... I hate sports games with a burning passion. This is genuinely so stupid and I don't know why people say it's easy. The walkthrough is absolutely horrible as well. There is literally no information. Just: okay start the game, take the best player and then shoot it and you win! Congratulations on your completion.

Thanks for the guide I guess?
  • H3rmitardH3rmitard280,040 280,040 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 21:04, Edited on 25 May 21 at 21:07 by H3rmitard
    CharlesGoodwill said:
    I'm just going to lose my mind playing this game. I don't get anything right, I don't understand why I can't get anything right.

No amount of "easy goal" videos are going to help me, because something is seriously wrong. Am I just completely inept at aiming for goal, or doing what the videos say? "All" I have to do is just hold B as I go from the circle to the middle, and I'll score almost everytime right? Then why am I being tackled every single time I try, or being saved everytime I try? Am I stupid?
    No you aren't I felt exactly the same way, watched the videos, thought yeah thats pretty easy... It isnt. Firstly, learning the basics against the first easy game, is bull! You sort of get the idea, you go to the dot, cut in, shoot, sometimes you score, sometimes you dont. But it all feels like part of the game and you know what, I won that one quite easily. Once you get on to the stanley cup, the AI steps up about 12 notches, and it is not the same game.

Or I can just do slapshots because most of the time they'll go in right? Then why can I never pass to a teammate because it always gets blocked, or goes nowhere f***** near my teammates? Am I even more stupid?
    No, not at all, I think 90% of my game time was spent on the face-off due to icing...

The worst part is reading everywhere else that it is an easy completion, an easy game to beat. Everyone else can do it just fine. So why can't I.
    It is easy in the sense that it doesnt take long to unlock all the achievements. IF you can get the hang of it, which certainly isnt easy.

Some advice from me, after wanting to literally punch this stupid game in the face....

1) Drop the joysticks, go back to the dpad, genuinely found it easier (not easy) to get that slapshot trick to actually work.
    Edit 1) Also that trick shot.. skate to circle, STOP, go right/left, NOT DIAGONALLY, straight right/left, hold cn_B and let go by the middleish. Seemed to work best for me... (Not saying that is always going to work, not by a long shot, but I had the best success doing that)
    2) That 3 min take your goalie out and equalise achievement.... That can go fuck itself. Defending doesnt really exist, or I could not really work it out well enough. I found that using cn_A rather than cn_X when on top of the opposing player was a little better, but yeah. Many words were shouted at the TV for that one.
    3) After you get that goal and you jump ahead, score a goal, and just keep the puck behind your goal. Its cheap, but it works, and stops you having to try the trick shot again.
    4) A cool head helps, Or at least less pressure I dont know. I struggled so so so hard, then when I got to game two I could score first, then kept hold of the puck, managed to score another goal, and then another. By the end of the game I sort of just maybe slightly got the hang of that cheap goal shot.
    5) If you just need to win the stanley cup, if the opposition scores first, dashboard, quit out and you can continue from the stage you're at. I did this twice, and the game after I dashboarded, the AI seemed to ease off a little and I scored first, and went on to win.

I dont know if any of this helps, but yeah, you're not alone. I too struggled with this, and was very much glad to delete it.
  • Posted on 26 March 22 at 11:22
    Playing this really reminded me of why I much preferred Mutant League Hockey over the NHL series lol At least in that game, you can murder your way to the Monster Cup
  • Posted on 04 January 23 at 08:45
    working my way through this and its definitely not going well so far laugh you're not alone
  • Willow MeowWillow Meow819,958
    Posted yesterday at 03:38
    I managed to get all of them after several tries and a now damaged controller (apart form the horrible pull the goalie achievement)! it is like my skill level goes from 1/10 to 0/10 as soon as I have to score 2 goals in 3 minutes. I hate this game, my controller is now F'd up and no matter what, the other team always scores a goal or two as soon as I pull my goalie, even when he goes back in.
    Willow Meow
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.