The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: May 25th, 2021

• R3f1CuLR3f1CuL952,752
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 11:15
    I'm not super big on platformers, but I guess with that price I'll finally get the Spyro games
    So it goes...
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,442
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 11:22
    Lego The Hobbit WOW what a surprise. Its prolly gonna be a GWG soon. Still kinda pissed its unfinished but for $5 its all good.
  • qwe1313qwe1313129,101
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 11:23, Edited on 25 May 21 at 11:59 by qwe1313
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I'm surprised that there are a couple of games I am actually considering. How tough is Asterix & Oblelix? I used to read the comics when I was little, so the nostalgia factor is high. I'm not looking for a challenge though.

Edit: I didn't realize there are two Asterix & Obleix games on sale. Opnions on both are greatly appreciated.
    I have played XXL2 and for me was really enjoyable, I was waiting for XXL3 and XXL on discount. I liked the humour and story, beat 'em part is nice but might get a little monotonous after a while (not a problem for me though). I didn't manage to complete the title as one challenge is too difficult for me to beat (and I played on easy).
    Apart from completing challenges the game wasn't too challenging. Some platforming sections was challenging (and frustrating) but generally nice game when played on easy.

EDIT: Before buying I tried PC demo (a few scenes up to about 5 minutes each) - might be a good idea to test it before.
  • GraymawrGraymawr233,252
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 12:23
    Any word on the non-BC games yet?
    Strict Available Times: 10ish PM - 1 AM EST, United States
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,407
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 12:37
    Not finding anything and not caring about it either has been nice for a change
  • Posted on 25 May 21 at 13:02
    Should I buy NBA 2k21 now for $10 or wait for a lower price ?
  • Posted on 25 May 21 at 14:52
    Some stuff here I want, but I have a hard time even justifying purchasing a game at 75% off any more. Too much in the backlog.

Guess I'll add Ash of Gods: Redemption at 85% off.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan149,564
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 15:43
    Graymawr said:
    Any word on the non-BC games yet?
    The Non-BC games this week are:
    - Goosebumps: The Game
    - Guncraft Blocked & Loaded
    - Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion
  • Posted on 25 May 21 at 16:54
    Might grab Far Cry 5 Gold and Return to Arkham.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • EscadiasEscadias290,256
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 16:55
    GT3OptionFan said:
    EDIT 2: Non-BC & BC 360 (including some missing items) Sales data below:

Not listed on TA sales roundup:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Haven't been on sale in 6+ months:

BELOW previous best price:

AT previous best price:

HIGHER THAN previous best price:
    Your work is amazing, I'd just like to know where do you find all the previous best prices ?
  • GepardsGepards110,186
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 17:17
    not bad for racing people
    Thanks, guys!
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney779,550
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 17:35
    Looking to dip my toe in the Kemco waters here... any recommendations on a good one to start with?
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 17:54
    Escadias said:
    Your work is amazing, I'd just like to know where do you find all the previous best prices ?
    Thanks! I put a good bit of time into my personal database, manually inputting sales data based on TA & majornelson sites, in combo with way back machine archives of certain pages when something is unclear.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 18:37
    Just dropping by to say Darksiders 3 is better than you’d expect (the DLC makes it a lot better and adds more flexible play styles due to the armor choices).

Zombieland Double-Tap, on the other hand, is a blatant cash grab with nearly zero charm and it’s so buggy it makes Outriders launch week look stable by comparison. It’s really bad. If it ever comes back for a free play weekend, try it then first, don’t buy this turd.
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven179,525
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 22:29
    I'll say this every time: don't buy Guncraft unless you want to have your 360 on for hours and hours while you're at work or asleep because it's just one giant grind fest. Plus, getting 16 players (even with spilt-screen players) for one Achievement blows.

Don't buy it. 😛
  • EscadiasEscadias290,256
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 23:05
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Escadias said:
    Thanks! I put a good bit of time into my personal database, manually inputting sales data based on TA & majornelson sites, in combo with way back machine archives of certain pages when something is unclear.
    This is serious dedication. Do you watch the best prices of xbox one games too?
    because for now the best source of information i know is xbox-store-checker.com
    Posted on 25 May 21 at 23:57
    Escadias said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Escadias said:
    This is serious dedication. Do you watch the best prices of xbox one games too?
    because for now the best source of information i know is xbox-store-checker.com

I use xbdeals.net but I’m sure it’s very similar
  • Posted on 26 May 21 at 09:54
    Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know if the DLCs for the X360 Assassin's Creed games still go on sale? During the Publisher Sales maybe? The last one was in March but I didn't check back then. I kinda wanna complete the entire series, but the DLC is extremely overpriced, almost 100€ altogether.
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 12:46
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know if the DLCs for the X360 Assassin's Creed games still go on sale? During the Publisher Sales maybe? The last one was in March but I didn't check back then. I kinda wanna complete the entire series, but the DLC is extremely overpriced, almost 100€ altogether.
    The ACIII DLC & AC IV (360) Season Pass last went on sale Mar 2020. Brotherhood DLC last went on sale Jan 2020. AC IV Freedom Cry (360) last went on sale 2/23/21. AC Revelations Lost Archive last went on sale 10/15/19.

All the other DLC has been a very long time since last sale and unlikely to go on sale again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.