The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: May 25th, 2021

• Posted on 26 May 21 at 15:37
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know if the DLCs for the X360 Assassin's Creed games still go on sale? During the Publisher Sales maybe? The last one was in March but I didn't check back then. I kinda wanna complete the entire series, but the DLC is extremely overpriced, almost 100€ altogether.
    The ACIII DLC & AC IV (360) Season Pass last went on sale Mar 2020. Brotherhood DLC last went on sale Jan 2020. AC IV Freedom Cry (360) last went on sale 2/23/21. AC Revelations Lost Archive last went on sale 10/15/19.

All the other DLC has been a very long time since last sale and unlikely to go on sale again.
    Thanks for the detailed answer, where did you find that info?
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan146,109
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 16:32
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    Not sure where else to post this, but does anyone know if the DLCs for the X360 Assassin's Creed games still go on sale? During the Publisher Sales maybe? The last one was in March but I didn't check back then. I kinda wanna complete the entire series, but the DLC is extremely overpriced, almost 100€ altogether.
    The ACIII DLC & AC IV (360) Season Pass last went on sale Mar 2020. Brotherhood DLC last went on sale Jan 2020. AC IV Freedom Cry (360) last went on sale 2/23/21. AC Revelations Lost Archive last went on sale 10/15/19.

All the other DLC has been a very long time since last sale and unlikely to go on sale again.
    Thanks for the detailed answer, where did you find that info?
    My own database that I manually aggregated from TA sales roundup and major Nelson’s site
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33513,373
    Posted on 26 May 21 at 17:02
    Still nothing that I want.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead603,300
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 03:59
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Thanks again for the work you do, I have some understanding on how much effort is involved.

It does appear that the days of gen n-2 DLC sales is pretty much over, especially for non-BC games that can only be played on a console last manufactured 5 years ago.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 27 May 21 at 07:53
    Grabbed Sniper Ghost Warrior 3.

Hopefully it's any good as I am a big fan of the Sniper Elite games and this will be my first Sniper Ghost Warrior game.
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285585,034
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 13:18, Edited on 27 May 21 at 13:19 by thanatos8285
    If I really enjoyed SR: Gat Out Of Hell, mainly because of all the powers and supernatural stuff, and I’m kinda meh on GTA-V, would SR-IV be a good buy for me? Obviously I don’t expect anyone to 100% know what I’m going to like, just interested in opinions from those who have played them.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong402,948
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 17:05
    thanatos8285 said:
    If I really enjoyed SR: Gat Out Of Hell, mainly because of all the powers and supernatural stuff, and I’m kinda meh on GTA-V, would SR-IV be a good buy for me? Obviously I don’t expect anyone to 100% know what I’m going to like, just interested in opinions from those who have played them.
    If you liked Gat Out of Hell you’ll like SR IV:Re-Elected. You also have super powers (albeit for different reasons). The story is bonkers and silly and it’s really fun. There is a style of hunting upgrades that’s reminiscent of Prototype (though not nearly as tedious). I haven’t played its DLCs but regardless of their quality, SR IV is a good game.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong402,948
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 17:10
    HolyHalfDead said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Thanks again for the work you do, I have some understanding on how much effort is involved.

It does appear that the days of gen n-2 DLC sales is pretty much over, especially for non-BC games that can only be played on a console last manufactured 5 years ago.
    I’ll echo the thank you, I always examine those posts.

As for 360 DLC, I figure at this point I’m either going to play it right now, in which case I’ll pay full price, or I’ve lived without it for this long and don’t need it. Because after all, what has owning the Kane and Lynch Doggy Bag DLC gotten me? $1.25 poorer is all, sale or not it’s an old game that I’ve never touched and all evidence points to me never playing in the future.

Just buy the DLCs for games you’re going to play right then and bag the rest, trust me, you’ll save money.
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 19:53
    TymanTheLong said:
    thanatos8285 said:
    If you liked Gat Out of Hell you’ll like SR IV:Re-Elected. You also have super powers (albeit for different reasons). The story is bonkers and silly and it’s really fun. There is a style of hunting upgrades that’s reminiscent of Prototype (though not nearly as tedious). I haven’t played its DLCs but regardless of their quality, SR IV is a good game.
    Awesome, sold. Thanks so much for weighing in.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead603,300
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 21:15, Edited on 27 May 21 at 21:19 by HolyHalfDead
    TymanTheLong said:
    As for 360 DLC, I figure at this point I’m either going to play it right now, in which case I’ll pay full price, or I’ve lived without it for this long and don’t need it. Because after all, what has owning the Kane and Lynch Doggy Bag DLC gotten me? $1.25 poorer is all, sale or not it’s an old game that I’ve never touched and all evidence points to me never playing in the future.

Just buy the DLCs for games you’re going to play right then and bag the rest, trust me, you’ll save money.
    I’ve learned that paying full price for DLC at the point I am playing a game is better than coming back to a game a year later when the DLC is half price. Since Xbox One, my preference is to buy the game + DLC bundle (GOTYE, etc) when it is on sale.

I used to buy DLC when it was on sale for games I own but haven’t played. I’m now trying to play all the games I bought the DLC for to get my monies worth - and I have been enjoying doing that.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • cancermatt2cancermatt2297,063
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 21:40
    What's the word on the three Pac-Man games? Anybody complete Pac-Man 256, Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man or Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man? Are these games broken or can they be completed by a lifetime fan of the franchise?
    Posted on 27 May 21 at 22:50
    cancermatt2 said:
    What's the word on the three Pac-Man games? Anybody complete Pac-Man 256, Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man or Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man? Are these games broken or can they be completed by a lifetime fan of the franchise?
    PAC-man 256 is a fun version and very complete-able.
    Posted on 28 May 21 at 00:14
    cancermatt2 said:
    If you're a lifelong fan, Ms. Pac-Man should be doable, and even if you're not great at it, a little save-scumming can get you to a full completion. Haven't tried regular Pac-Man.
    Posted on 28 May 21 at 11:04, Edited on 28 May 21 at 11:04 by GT3OptionFan
    TymanTheLong said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    GT3OptionFan said:

I’ll echo the thank you, I always examine those posts.

You’re welcome! Glad my work can help out others. My personal approach to 360 dlc is I’ve assembled a list of dlc with achievements for games I own and when there’s a sale that doesn’t have a game I want/own, I get a piece of 360 dlc (full-price) that is very unlikely to go on sale again.
  • MutantkillaMutantkilla300,026
    Posted on 30 May 21 at 14:11
    Debating on the Far Cry 4 + Primal bundle. bummed it doesnt include FC4 DLC. I wonder if all the Far Cry deals are because of the FC6 reveal this week? Do you think we will get another better deal for these soon as FC6 approaches?
    I literally did not know this Rewards portal existed... ALL the points I have been missing out on. And all the points I can now get :D
  • J2B9J2B9915,886
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 06:46, Edited on 01 June 21 at 06:46 by J2B9
    thanatos8285 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    thanatos8285 said:
    Awesome, sold. Thanks so much for weighing in.
    Gat out of hell was supposed to be dlc for 4 but when they were making it they kept expanding on the idea so they decided it'd work better as a smaller standalone game. All that to say it's good that you bought 4 since they're both basically an extension of the same game.
  • J2B9J2B9915,886
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 06:49
    Mutantkilla said:
    Debating on the Far Cry 4 + Primal bundle. bummed it doesnt include FC4 DLC. I wonder if all the Far Cry deals are because of the FC6 reveal this week? Do you think we will get another better deal for these soon as FC6 approaches?
    Yes Ubisoft games go on sale all the time so far cry definitely will many times before FC6
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.