The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: June 1st, 2021

• Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB559,254
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 02:10
    If I had to take a gander as to why Tell Me Why is free, and from the looks of it for 30 days

It must have to do with the fact that June is considered Pride Month, so having Tell Me Why given out free might be a tie-in to celebrate that

Since it clearly says 30 days left for that sale, and we are pretty much June 1st already, a giveaway of a game heavily influenced by LGBTQ+ topics would be the perfect fit for this month
  • martsmallmartsmall1,095,738
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 02:28
    Sir Razma said:
    Ah, beans. Another week with no House Flipper on sale.
    If it glitches like it has on me be grateful u haven't wasted your time on it
    Three times I've gone through all the levels and I hit the can't move the curtain rail off the floor on one level glitch ( school house of I remember right )
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX710,182
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 03:57
    Summer sale..... When?
    ^ this guy, what can you spect from a GT like this
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 03:58
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    I'll take the free Backstreet Boys game.
    Ain’t nothin’ but a heartache〜
    ???????!
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 03:59
    Lily Mu RB said:
    If I had to take a gander as to why Tell Me Why is free, and from the looks of it for 30 days

It must have to do with the fact that June is considered Pride Month, so having Tell Me Why given out free might be a tie-in to celebrate that

Since it clearly says 30 days left for that sale, and we are pretty much June 1st already, a giveaway of a game heavily influenced by LGBTQ+ topics would be the perfect fit for this month
    I’d say this is a pretty good guess.
  • No Bad GamesNo Bad Games322,978
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 04:04
    Why even have a sale if this is the garbage on offer
    Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 04:12
    Battlefield 4 premium edition for 6 bucks is a steal.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,348
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 04:17
    Heazie Farts said:
    HomelyBumRocket said:
    I'm assuming only the first chapter of Tell Me Why is supposed to be free, and that's an error.

Looks like it does download the whole season. Better grab it while you can!
    I'm willing to bet the whole thing is purposely free because June is Gay Month.
    By that logic I guess well be getting DOA Beach Volleyball free in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. wink
  • Gunstar RedGunstar Red1,574,615
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 04:20
    The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is my favorite FMV game of all time. Really great acting and intriguing characters. Very original and fun. You play a psychiatrist interviewing patients about a doctor that was murdered by one of them.

I suggest a blind playthrough first, then mop up the rest on a 2nd playthrough with a guide for what you missed.

Try watching a YouTube video first to decide if it's something you'll like. It likely only takes 5 minutes to know if you'll love or hate it.
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 04:24
    Does anyone know the last time Goat Simulator DLC was on sale?
  • BonkekookBonkekook1,944,401
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 05:13
    A fairly weak week. That usually only happens when they have a bigger sale coming, but I can't think of anything soon, other than maybe an E3 sale?
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv687,727
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 05:51
    The Allslayer said:
    Wow literally bought Void Bastards like 4 hours ago to get the game pass discount before it left...
    They do this a lot.

I did the same with Kingdom Come.

You should be able to get a refund pretty easily if you explain why you want one. The gave me one for Kingdom come and then I was albe to buy the super ultimate edition, like 5 DLC with base game for 2 bucks cheaper than the normal edition that I bought hours before.
    Cool story bro.
  • I Boz lI Boz l960,249
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 06:36
    Backlog thanks again
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,397,349
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 06:42
    I think I will be picking up Brunch Club and Splash Blast Panic this week.

Oh, and Tell Me Why, because who can pass up free games?
  • Posted on 01 June 21 at 06:51
    Tell Me Why has been free for some time I think.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • upsonmatthewupsonmatthew527,931
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 07:06
    Poor week. Finally picked up the Butcher as it's the only thing I'm slightly interrested in.
  • heatlightheatlight1,525,918
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 07:10
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Heazie Farts said:
    HomelyBumRocket said:
    I'm assuming only the first chapter of Tell Me Why is supposed to be free, and that's an error.

Looks like it does download the whole season. Better grab it while you can!
    I'm willing to bet the whole thing is purposely free because June is Gay Month.
    By that logic I guess well be getting DOA Beach Volleyball free in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. wink
    Sometimes I wonder if people think before they post.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,908
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 07:17
    It sucks that Dragon Age Inqusition GOTY hasn't gone on sale to £6 again. It was on sale regularly for £6-£7. Now Dragon Age Inquisition is easily accessible to GPU subscribers, it hasn't dropped below £9.99.
  • vegansoundvegansound848,323
    Posted on 01 June 21 at 07:23
    MrZombieChicken said:
    vegansound said:
    Can someone explain to me why sometimes there are two prices on a same link-button? Thanks.

Once again, nothing for me this week. Already finished Tell Me Why through Game Pass, but it's good to own it now, even if replayability is near zero. It's written 'price sale ends in 30 days', strange.
    First price is the Microsoft store sales price. The other one is the EA Play price.
    Thanks. But I don't see the interest. 75% off with GOLD vs 3% off with EA. So ridiculous...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.