Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Servers closing for five Need for Speed games on August 31st

• Posted on 03 June 21 at 16:46
    psportal said:
    Xynvincible said:
    psportal said:
    Guess I won't be starting Shift anytime soon.
    Be honest - you weren't planning on it anyway. wink
    Honestly, I was waiting until I was done some other stuff and I bought the DLC BEFORE I started this game.dance
    Well, if you have any other future projects I would suggest buying the DLC now instead of waiting until it's too late.
    Hola
  • S3M JamesS3M James531,637
    Posted on 04 June 21 at 16:42
    Shift 1 is about the only game on that list which still works shift 2 is broken
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,667,565
    Posted on 05 June 21 at 02:12
    TurboDiesel Guy said:
    hello gamers, im still having an issue with online. i am not able in nfs undercover's server. it said, cannot connect to EA Nation. You must be signed into EA Nation in order to access the online features of this title. can anyone help me out with this issue?
    You have to register to EA nation by doing the tutorial thing.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,667,565
    Posted on 05 June 21 at 02:13
    Undercover is still up for purchase digitally.
  • psportalpsportal215,114
    Posted on 05 June 21 at 06:18
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    psportal said:
    Xynvincible said:
    psportal said:
    Guess I won't be starting Shift anytime soon.
    Be honest - you weren't planning on it anyway. wink
    Honestly, I was waiting until I was done some other stuff and I bought the DLC BEFORE I started this game.dance
    Well, if you have any other future projects I would suggest buying the DLC now instead of waiting until it's too late.
    The DLC has been delisted, sadly.
    M.A.K.
  • Posted on 05 June 21 at 23:41
    David#4473 said:
    superniceguy said:
    David#4473 said:
    As I mentioned in another post - I always get a laugh at the panic of people when these servers close. It's not like you had 10-15 years to play it already headspin. Not only that, but every NFS being delisted along with the DLC has been on sale for over a week. Be honest, you were never getting around to it, you just love to complain.
    There has always been loads of games constantly being released to take up our time, but now with the new consoles releases are slowing down, and the games are not as good as these older ones, so yes will be getting around to it.

The only game on Series X is the Medium, and on PS5 Returnal was released broken and told not play it until it had been fixed!

New games are a joke, but old games even rubbish games are looking more fun and enjoyable than what we are getting now

Halo was delisted suddenly, now boycotting Halo Infite

Now to boycott Need for Speed games.

Time not playing all the new games gives more time to catch up on the backlog.
    You're like a toddler throwing all your toys out of the box in a tantrum. Good luck with your boycott, I'm sure you'll certainly put a dent into the pockets of these publishers.
    You do realize that not everyone has the money to buy DLC when it comes out, correct? Especially right now, with money being tight for a lot of people. Things get delisted, but you sound like you're just trying to have a one-man gloat fest.
  • Boring182Boring182277,159
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 08:06
    Doubt they're gonna bring back the DLCs even for a day. I should have bought them earlier, but oh well.
  • Posted on 06 June 21 at 09:40
    Best get started on Undercover, just hope the servers are working properly.
  • BalnazzardBalnazzard162,842
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 09:56
    Well with racing games especially you always take risk of not downloadinh DLC in time and completing achievements in time. Licensing issues are the main reason for DLC disappearing without any warning.

Seems like in reality the servers for Shift 2 atleast stopped working when 2021 started, seems oddly "convenient" considering the game turned 10 years old in March.

I completed original Shift MP and DLC online achievements year before last and was supposed to do Shift 2 as well but other things/games got in the way
  • Posted on 06 June 21 at 10:08
    Balnazzard said:
    Well with racing games especially you always take risk of not downloadinh DLC in time and completing achievements in time. Licensing issues are the main reason for DLC disappearing without any warning.

Seems like in reality the servers for Shift 2 atleast stopped working when 2021 started, seems oddly "convenient" considering the game turned 10 years old in March.

I completed original Shift MP and DLC online achievements year before last and was supposed to do Shift 2 as well but other things/games got in the way
    Its impossible to finish everything you care about in time that why early warnings and notices are required !!!
    There is no impossible achievement if you put all your skills on it !!!
  • BalnazzardBalnazzard162,842
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 10:57
    CrysisWarXX3 said:
    Balnazzard said:

Its impossible to finish everything you care about in time that why early warnings and notices are required !!!
    I know and most publisher do give early warning but unfortunately some just dont care and will not give any warnigs at all. Im in the same boat that I try to finish all games in my library but there is only so much time and way too many games in my backlog as well. Thats why I try to go the games in order from oldest to newest but I also dont want to do MP boosting/achievements all the time either.
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 17:20
    Balnazzard said:
    I know and most publisher do give early warning but unfortunately some just dont care and will not give any warnigs at all. Im in the same boat that I try to finish all games in my library but there is only so much time and way too many games in my backlog as well. Thats why I try to go the games in order from oldest to newest but I also dont want to do MP boosting/achievements all the time either.
    They didn't even bother to fix the Urban Legend achievement in Carbon and it's been what? Almost 15 years? People have been begging for so long. Says everything about EA as a company lol.
  • afrekafrek1,894,838
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 21:55
    afrek said:
    According to a chat a had with Mohit on EA Support, this is a response I got back after asking if the content would be put back in the store, since it’s still available in the PlayStation store. I specifically asked if the Italian Pack for The Run would be added back, then changed my question to all the content that was delisted today, so I guess this is good news?

“I request you to wait for some time now as the respective expansion pack will be available on the XBOX store.”
    “Yes, I meant that only, please wait for some time as our team is working to re-list the content.”
    From a chat I had today with Vareesha, requesting an update on this issue. This is her response:

"Since, it is being available on PS4 and taken away from Xbox. Means this is completely being managed by Xbox what content to put or what to take off from their Xbox store."
  • DarkSquallXxDarkSquallXx777,417
    Posted on 06 June 21 at 23:51
    So for Carbon, there's no hope of unlocking the one unobtainable achievement?
  • psportalpsportal215,114
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 07:02
    ironpunisher200 said:
    David#4473 said:
    superniceguy said:
    David#4473 said:
    As I mentioned in another post - I always get a laugh at the panic of people when these servers close. It's not like you had 10-15 years to play it already headspin. Not only that, but every NFS being delisted along with the DLC has been on sale for over a week. Be honest, you were never getting around to it, you just love to complain.
    There has always been loads of games constantly being released to take up our time, but now with the new consoles releases are slowing down, and the games are not as good as these older ones, so yes will be getting around to it.

The only game on Series X is the Medium, and on PS5 Returnal was released broken and told not play it until it had been fixed!

New games are a joke, but old games even rubbish games are looking more fun and enjoyable than what we are getting now

You're like a toddler throwing all your toys out of the box in a tantrum. Good luck with your boycott, I'm sure you'll certainly put a dent into the pockets of these publishers.
    You do realize that not everyone has the money to buy DLC when it comes out, correct? Especially right now, with money being tight for a lot of people. Things get delisted, but you sound like you're just trying to have a one-man gloat fest.
    THE DLC WAS ON SALE!???

@#$%!
    M.A.K.
  • EscadiasEscadias342,742
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 08:31
    psportal said:
    ironpunisher200 said:
    David#4473 said:
    superniceguy said:
    David#4473 said:

THE DLC WAS ON SALE!???

@#$%!
    they have been on sale only on PC, sadly
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 16:49
    I have a PlayStation 3 and I checked if the DLCs are available in PS Store and they are. All of them, actually. You can even buy the digital complete edition of Shift 2 Unleashed (Base Game + 2 DLCs + Every Car/Track unlocked). So I guess it's indeed a problem on the Microsoft's side, not EA's. Weird.
  • EthigyEthigy1,131,910
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 18:31
    I’m all for the DLC being relisted but what about the servers that are already not working? Seems that should be fixed first.
  • Flava1975Flava19751,705,640
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 19:21
    Does anybody have any EA contacts? These servers should run through the end of August, per the official announcement. They should at the very least honor that.
  • EscadiasEscadias342,742
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 20:22
    Flava1975 said:
    Does anybody have any EA contacts? These servers should run through the end of August, per the official announcement. They should at the very least honor that.
    Here is the community manager for Need For Speed on twitter https://twitter.com/MaxMyrus. I already sent him a message, but you can do it as well. Just be polite and no harassment.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.