Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Servers closing for five Need for Speed games on August 31st

• BalnazzardBalnazzard161,639
    Posted on 07 June 21 at 22:10
    Its wierd on several occassions MP servers for several games (also published by EA) continued to work on 360 while they were shut down on PS3 side. Crysis 2 was one such example.

Here however it seems completely the opposite and not only that but that the servers have had issues on 360 side since beginning of 2021. Such a shame but what can you do, I just wonder why DLC got delisted and servers stopped working so early on 360 side...oh guess these things are always gonna remain mystery
  • notion3000notion3000598,960
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 10:14, Edited on 08 June 21 at 10:15 by notion3000
    https://twitter.com/MaxMyrus?s=09

I messaged this guy for help this morning with regards to relisiting all the NFS DLC as it is all still available on the PS Store. This is totally unfair that it has been delisted from the Xbox marketplace. Rumours are that it is Microsoft and not EA that has removed it from their Xbox Marketplace store. So maybe a complaint to Microsoft would be a good thing to do too.
  • GsO LightGsO Light209,795 209,795 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 20:46
    I'm more annoyed at them delisting all the games.. could've easily put them on for sale in March, April, May if they knew they were going to pull them
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 20:47
    Just tested NFS: Carbon to see if I can get my Dummy into any matches or lobbies on it's own. Nothing. No joy : (
  • Boring182Boring182271,400
    Posted on 09 June 21 at 09:37
    Ethigy said:
    I’m all for the DLC being relisted but what about the servers that are already not working? Seems that should be fixed first.
    The problem here is, technically they do work, you're just unable to play any games in Online/match up with anyone. Very convenient for EA.
  • notion3000notion3000598,960
    Posted on 12 June 21 at 22:23
    afrek said:
    According to a chat a had with Mohit on EA Support, this is a response I got back after asking if the content would be put back in the store, since it’s still available in the PlayStation store. I specifically asked if the Italian Pack for The Run would be added back, then changed my question to all the content that was delisted today, so I guess this is good news?

“I request you to wait for some time now as the respective expansion pack will be available on the XBOX store.”
    “Yes, I meant that only, please wait for some time as our team is working to re-list the content.”
    Have you given up? I think I have given up all hope of the DLC coming back.
  • BionicLyonBionicLyon226,701
    Posted on 13 June 21 at 01:38
    How do you contact them to request them to relist it?
  • EscadiasEscadias340,998
  • LCDS MadaraLCDS Madara550,988
    Posted on 22 June 21 at 14:18
    I for my part contacted EA, in order to inform them of this situation and by asking for the extension of the closure of the servers, and if they can also make a fix for the successes of shift 2, since the online doesn't work for most of you! and for a patch concerning carbon and the run which would deserve to have again their success restored + correct online
    DevilDams666
  • EscadiasEscadias340,998
    Posted on 22 June 21 at 14:37
    LCDS Madara said:
    I for my part contacted EA, in order to inform them of this situation and by asking for the extension of the closure of the servers, and if they can also make a fix for the successes of shift 2, since the online doesn't work for most of you! and for a patch concerning carbon and the run which would deserve to have again their success restored + correct online
    Thanks !
  • Posted on 22 June 21 at 21:15
    I'm not sure if the need for speed Windows phone titles are also on the chopping block, so I knocked those out. They have online flags, but the games are for all intents and purposes offline play. No idea if they need some sort of server connection to register unlocks. Clearly there is no word about them because EA probably forgot they exist, but it wouldn't surprise me if mobile undercover got swept up in it. They may be okay, but it's something to keep in mind if anyone still has them in the backlog.
  • Posted on 23 June 21 at 12:57
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    I'm not sure if the need for speed Windows phone titles are also on the chopping block, so I knocked those out. They have online flags, but the games are for all intents and purposes offline play. No idea if they need some sort of server connection to register unlocks. Clearly there is no word about them because EA probably forgot they exist, but it wouldn't surprise me if mobile undercover got swept up in it. They may be okay, but it's something to keep in mind if anyone still has them in the backlog.
    Really good call doing Hotpursuit soon.
    There is no impossible achievement if you put all your skills on it !!!
  • Flava1975Flava19751,685,032
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 12:40
    I see that someone has attained the online achievements for Shift 2 on July 3rd. Any ideas as to how?? I cannot create a match in any mode.
  • Posted on 13 July 21 at 11:58
    Flava1975 said:
    I see that someone has attained the online achievements for Shift 2 on July 3rd. Any ideas as to how?? I cannot create a match in any mode.
    hi mate i managed to get online after constant error but was late at night i has 2 xbox so double boxed i had some time saved before but now i cant get online someone added me and i tried to help him i think he managed to get in to a lobby but got kicked out i only need 1 more achievement i been trying as much as i can to get back on but it refusing me :(
    F Akram(DisputedHitman)
    Posted on 14 July 21 at 22:01
    That is the same method I have been attempting. I keep trying every so often, but no luck! You have at least given me hope!
  • LCDS MadaraLCDS Madara550,988
    Posted on 31 July 21 at 06:23
    has anyone heard from the status of the NFS servers?
    if before the 31/08, they do nothing, can consider as definitively ruined!
    DevilDams666
  • S3M JamesS3M James528,667
    Posted on 01 August 21 at 19:56
    Another guy unlocked online achievements for NFS: Shift 2 on July 27th.
  • Posted on 01 August 21 at 20:02
    Flava1975 said:
    Another guy unlocked online achievements for NFS: Shift 2 on July 27th.
    I wouldn't put too much faith in that. His account is a but suspicious.
    Hola
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 23:03
    Looks like TA already labeled Shift 2 & The Run achievements as unobtainable. Sad, unfortunate & kinda horseshit!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.