Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Servers closing for five Need for Speed games on August 31st

• Posted on 18 August 21 at 18:01
    Carbon is my favourite old NFS and I will never be allowed to max it out :/
  • LCDS MadaraLCDS Madara534,609
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 05:33
    yeah that disgusts me too, especially since the run, shift 2 and carbon i wanted to do too much too, frankly, i would have what to think about the future before i want to make EA games, it's really shameful for me.
    DevilDams666
  • Posted on 26 August 21 at 17:46
    EA could at least give us a couple months heads up to tell us when they’re going to delist all the dlcs and online passes.
  • Posted on 26 August 21 at 18:35
    SCORCHO4856 said:
    EA could at least give us a couple months heads up to tell us when they’re going to delist all the dlcs and online passes.
    Dude... they can't fix single achievement for 15 years... What you want from them :D
  • Posted on 26 August 21 at 19:09
    I know lol. Just bugs me cause I bought shift 2 a couple months ago and can’t do any of the multiplayer at all now.
  • LCDS MadaraLCDS Madara534,609
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 05:44
    Anyway, I find it very dishonest when they announce a closure on several games are withdrawn all at once, without leaving any delay to the players !, limit if they would have repaired everything, then set a deadline, saying that they wouldn't leave them active too long, that would be understandable but at least it would give the players a margin of time to be able to do them.
    DevilDams666
  • JDawgg77JDawgg77212,584
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 02:24
    I guess Undercover is done? Can't connect.
  • notion3000notion3000560,710
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 03:09
    The whole game appears to be inaccessible for The Run on Xbox 360. Doesn’t get past the start screen. I thought this game would still work in single player. It just states Connecting to Autolog Servers but it never connects. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 05:00, Edited on 01 September 21 at 06:53 by ThreeHaddock62
    notion3000 said:
    The whole game appears to be inaccessible for The Run on Xbox 360. Doesn’t get past the start screen. I thought this game would still work in single player. It just states Connecting to Autolog Servers but it never connects. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    So I fired the game up about an hour ago on my 360, and was met with the same fate as you. I gave up after 5 min or so of the connecting screen.

Just decided to check on my PS3. Same deal...endless autolog attempt. However, I unplugged the ethernet cable, and tried again. Very quickly the game gave me a warning about online features not being accessible unless I plugged in an ethernet cable. I was able to get into the single player mode though.

I'm too tired to fire up my 360 again tonight, but perhaps its possible to play the game if you are not connected to the internet.

Edit: It was bugging me so I checked. The game starts up just fine on the 360 when it's not connected to the internet. Same warning as PS3 (Online unavailable unless I connect to XBL) but Single Player, Challenge Mode, all my cars etc are all available.

So, try getting past the login screen while offline, and reconnect your internet when you are in the main menu.
    Hola
  • JDawgg77JDawgg77212,584
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 12:33
    Had that problem, too. Great tip! Shift 2 was actually updated with a message that the servers have been shutdown so how was The Run bungled so badly?
  • halohogghalohogg117,383
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 12:16, Edited on 16 October 21 at 15:20 by halohogg
    Same issue with The Run. Stuck at connecting screen. I will try offline startup as suggested.

Edit: Still a joke. Can’t use my cloud save in this sequence. Seems I may have to transfer my save back to local. Ugh!!! Apparently end of life means no testing either.

Edit: What a colossal PIA. Unplug for startup, plug back in to play local. Just to try to get challenges done that I can’t get gold with anyway!!!

Edit: the hard part is plugging back in the Ethernet cable without touching the open drive button!!laugh

Edit: and then of course, when you clear your cache (for other reasons) you get stuck back into the online, update required, unplug, offline, plug in, online , login again loopy-loop. Ugh. angry

Edit: I’m done with this game. Can’t win anymore. Tapping out.
  • EscadiasEscadias327,126
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 21:10
    halohogg said:
    Same issue with The Run. Stuck at connecting screen. I will try offline startup as suggested.

Edit: Still a joke. Can’t use my cloud save in this sequence. Seems I may have to transfer my save back to local. Ugh!!! Apparently end of life means no testing either.

Edit: What a colossal PIA. Unplug for startup, plug back in to play local. Just to try to get challenges done that I can’t get gold with anyway!!!
    Thanks for the explanation. At least there's a way to play this game while online
  • FenvixFenvix13,677
  • Posted on 16 September 21 at 19:58
    I can confirm that unplugging the ethernet cable allowed me to play the first couple of levels of The Run, although it really shouldn't be necessary to take my 360 offline in order to play.

It's profoundly sad that companies have so little respect for their back catalogues. The affected NFS games aren't bad at all, but despite Microsoft making it easy to keep the legacy alive via seamless back compat EA are happy for those games to die and now we can't even play those games on their original consoles without using workarounds - for shame.
  • EthigyEthigy1,034,443
    Posted on 17 September 21 at 17:32
    DrDaveWatford said:
    It's profoundly sad that companies have so little respect for their back catalogues. The affected NFS games aren't bad at all, but despite Microsoft making it easy to keep the legacy alive via seamless back compat EA are happy for those games to die and now we can't even play those games on their original consoles without using workarounds - for shame.
    Sad indeed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.