The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: June 8th, 2021

• Brave TanukiBrave Tanuki234,451
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 01:17, Edited on 08 June 21 at 06:17 by Brave Tanuki
    What is this? A sale for ants? Almost got excited when I saw A Knight's Quest was on sale too too... because I had it mixed up with King's Quest. laugh
  • Quantium GQuantium G149,723
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 01:21
    All garbage and very little. Must be a big summer sale incoming.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy353,519
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 01:27
    Nothing worth getting, there is more stuff on PS3 and Xbox 360 to buy than anythng else. Last week I spent about £100 across PS3 and Xbox 360 stores buying up the delisted Need for Speed games that were not yet delisted.

The thing that will force a purchase from me is if they announce the games are going to be delisted, as it is buy now or forever hold your wallet!

When you have a backlog why bother to buy, no matter what the price is, and better wait for next sale, hopefully it be cheaper again.

In this sale there isn’t anything I would be upset if it gets delisted

Ride could get delisted out of all them, it was delisted before, but I have it.
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 01:48
    I'm guessing they're saving for E3/summer sale.
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:02
    Lol
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,564
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:13, Edited on 08 June 21 at 02:13 by Boots Orion
    superniceguy said:
    Nothing worth getting, there is more stuff on PS3 and Xbox 360 to buy than anythng else. Last week I spent about £100 across PS3 and Xbox 360 stores buying up the delisted Need for Speed games that were not yet delisted.

The thing that will force a purchase from me is if they announce the games are going to be delisted, as it is buy now or forever hold your wallet!

When you have a backlog why bother to buy, no matter what the price is, and better wait for next sale, hopefully it be cheaper again.

Not sure why you'd feel the need (for speed) to buy soon to be delisted digital games at a surplus when each of those games' physical versions could be bought for dirt cheap. But - to each their own.

Regarding delistings, it really only annoys me when DLC I don't own yet gets delisted - without any announcement - for a game I own. I got burned by Angry Birds Trilogy DLC getting delisted, and I decided to not let that happen again.

The thing that pissed me off about that delisting (other than the obvious) was that each of the two DLCs only cost $5. At the time I only considered getting DLCs when they were on sale, but because those two never did go on sale, I never bought them. The stupid thing about that strategy (i.e., waiting for a sale) in that particular case is that a sale would have likely only saved me $5 total.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:34
    Despite the possible "E3 sale" that should start next thursday, "Knight's Quest" looks to be fun (i was waiting a good offer on it for a time).
  • deathchicken10deathchicken101,261,287
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:41
    No Turok 2 again. I need to stop getting excited for it.
  • RiIeyRiIey637,152
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:47
    Cringe
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,242
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 02:55
    I can't describe how disappointed I am with words
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me...
  • x1Hugzx1Hugz64,539
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 03:14
    Wanna see some F1 games go on sale
  • superniceguysuperniceguy353,519
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 03:22, Edited on 08 June 21 at 03:26 by superniceguy
    Boots Orion said:
    superniceguy said:

Not sure why you'd feel the need (for speed) to buy soon to be delisted digital games at a surplus when each of those games' physical versions could be bought for dirt cheap. But - to each their own.

Regarding delistings, it really only annoys me when DLC I don't own yet gets delisted - without any announcement - for a game I own. I got burned by Angry Birds Trilogy DLC getting delisted, and I decided to not let that happen again.

The thing that pissed me off about that delisting (other than the obvious) was that each of the two DLCs only cost $5. At the time I only considered getting DLCs when they were on sale, but because those two never did go on sale, I never bought them. The stupid thing about that strategy (i.e., waiting for a sale) in that particular case is that a sale would have likely only saved me $5 total.
    I was looking to buy them a few times digitally but as you say they can be bought on disc for cheap, so kept putting it off, but I play on multiple consoles, so digital is better, and gets rid of clutter of discs and boxes, plus I prefer to own digital version if it has tonnes of DLC. They were only £12.99-£14.99, the actual games. The DLC cost the most and Most Wanted totalled about £35 on PS3. I had the game and one DLC on Xbox 360 but it was delisted too even though it was not one of the five. It is either a mistake for Undercover which is still for sale, or they just decided to delist it but keep servers open for now. It was all available on PS3 so bought it all on there.

I hope these purchases I did made them take notice to in future give notice when delisting stuff especially digital only stuff like DLC or games like Halo Spartan Assault, that you can not get on disc.

I am getting fed up of buying stuff for fear it could be delisted but does not, then not buying stuff that does get delisted.

I want to feel secure not buying stuff to focus on backlog knowing they will let us know if any games or dlc will be delisted.
  • CReaper210CReaper210299,540
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 03:28
    I've been waiting for Darksiders 3 PC to go on sale forever now, has it ever been on sale before?

I've seen it go on sale tons of times on steam and other PC stores, but seems like they forgot the microsoft store version exists.
  • Redders 420Redders 4201,027,701
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 03:46
    Weak week
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • Mr M BurkeMr M Burke111,768
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 04:19
    SoulyDconte said:
    I think you managed it smile

Not one Ubisoft game in this list in itself proves a major E3 / summer sale is imminent, keep your powder dry wink
  • JJCabralJJCabral904,457
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 05:33
    So, does anyone recommend gravel? Been looking for a chill racing game for the last few months
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,242
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 05:46
    Mr M Burke said:
    SoulyDconte said:
    I think you managed it smile

Not one Ubisoft game in this list in itself proves a major E3 / summer sale is imminent, keep your powder dry wink
    Yeah It only makes sense If that's the case
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me...
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 06:22
    Look all the crybabies with low TA scores complaining over nothing sheesh lol

Anyways buy Tyd wag vir Niemand!! its a fun weird game
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 06:28, Edited on 08 June 21 at 14:02 by Camello Delgado
    Prepping up for E3 by he looks of it, here's hoping for some 360 games that have not gone on sale for a few years now like:

Enchanted Arms
    Eternal Sonata
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Phantasy Star Universe
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 06:36
    Bad sale and not even a single BC 360 game.
    Sims 4 is $3,99 in the US and €13*99 in EU. What the hell?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.