The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: June 8th, 2021

• Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,634
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:16
    Pretty crap
  • XbAndy360XbAndy3602,027,292
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:16
    Would be nice to separate the games without achievements (for example 2048 colorful) or not listed them at all.
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:21
    JJCabral said:
    So, does anyone recommend gravel? Been looking for a chill racing game for the last few months
    Ive recently started Gravel and got 22 achievements in 5h, im halfway through the career and won every race.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,307,109
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:25
    TA can you not include games that don't have achievements? I'm pretty sure noone wants to see '2048 Colorful' and 'Planet Tita'.
    Not to mention most of these non-achievement games have massively discounted sales because they're... really not worth the asking price.

Thank you.
  • torrens7760torrens7760141,445
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:25
    Nothing for this week but that's fine! :)
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,735,861
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 08:56
    Inferno118 said:
    Wait that firework game came out in February and has 3 starters laugh
    Yeah, it's a really tough Megaman like game, with no easy achievements (complete the game and see an ending, or beat a boss with no damage, and you pretty much need to beat the game once to get the powerups needed to do this)
  • enracerenracer63,335
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 09:40
    Latinfla4 said:
    Woof...man I guess they don't want to make any money this week
    R u a dog? 🐶
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 10:33
    Ok, I am asking what ladys ask me usually: Why so small?
    Hollywood Tony Yeah
  • appare13appare131,140,043
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 11:02
    JJCabral said:
    So, does anyone recommend gravel? Been looking for a chill racing game for the last few months
    I liked it quite a lot, nice arcade-style racing game. Doesn't take to much time to complete either, if you are interested in that.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,939
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 11:26
    I am done with commenting on this site.

I received 2 messages on Xbox Live telling me that I was a "fucking faggot" and "dick head" for telling people not to complain about sales here.

Sorry for not being part of the hivemind, I guess?
  • foodfood114,273
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 12:17
    TheRyanGillam said:

I received 2 messages on Xbox Live telling me that I was a "fucking faggot" and "dick head" for telling people not to complain about sales here.

Nothing to be sorry about. It's an achievements website that has great articles and sales data.

Folks expecting developers to have sales for a now 16 year old store front on X360 are delusional. I'd agree that you'd think devs would want to make a profit on their old IP games and DLC that owe them nothing at this point. The time and cost involved in doing so, which could involve getting a title BC certified, running sales data, connecting with MS regarding the sale, active player base that actually purchases digital content for it, licensing of in game content, ease of privacy, and detracting sales away from their newer titles likely doesn't make financial or strategic sense.

It's unfortunate, but it's 2021. We have better options across the board, including GwG and GamePass. We're pretty fortunate MS is even supporting their ecosystem back to the X360 days, let alone BC for OG Xbox titles. They're the only major company really doing so, save for PC storefronts.

Not knocking it at all. I'd love to see some more aggressive sales on seemingly forgotten titles. It just isn't a realistic expectation as the past few years of comments here show. Fortunately MS seems committed to iterating their product and storefront in a way there won't be a drop off in the future for the Xbox One Era, but time will tell.
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 12:24
    food said:
    TheRyanGillam said:

Nothing to be sorry about. It's an achievements website that has great articles and sales data.

Folks expecting developers to have sales for a now 16 year old store front on X360 are delusional. I'd agree that you'd think devs would want to make a profit on their old IP games and DLC that owe them nothing at this point. The time and cost involved in doing so, which could involve getting a title BC certified, running sales data, connecting with MS regarding the sale, active player base that actually purchases digital content for it, licensing of in game content, ease of privacy, and detracting sales away from their newer titles likely doesn't make financial or strategic sense.

It's unfortunate, but it's 2021. We have better options across the board, including GwG and GamePass. We're pretty fortunate MS is even supporting their ecosystem back to the X360 days, let alone BC for OG Xbox titles. They're the only major company really doing so, save for PC storefronts.

Not knocking it at all. I'd love to see some more aggressive sales on seemingly forgotten titles. It just isn't a realistic expectation as the past few years of comments here show. Fortunately MS seems committed to iterating their product and storefront in a way there won't be a drop off in the future for the Xbox One Era, but time will tell.
    Explain how Steam can have sales on old games but Xbox can't.
  • foodfood114,273
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 12:45
    xXMalakian XVII said:
    food said:
    TheRyanGillam said:

Explain how Steam can have sales on old games but Xbox can't.
    Volume and install base, and it's the same ecosystem as it was in 2003. A PC is still a PC, more or less.

If your question is specifically about X360 games, that's still a separate storefront than the current Xbox One store. There's not enough X360 users still actively purchasing large of digital games to justify it. Certifying a X360 game for back compat is a money sink. More upfront cost to sell an old game at a low profit that would likely be sold at a loss.

Steam, click a few buttons and it's on sale. Let the PC games figure out if there's compatability issues running this on modern hardware and let the modding scene fix and support it.
  • Latinfla4Latinfla4932,704
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 12:56
    enracer said:
    Latinfla4 said:
    Woof...man I guess they don't want to make any money this week
    R u a dog? 🐶
    I am the dawg🤣 the one that is in charge of everything in silent hill 2
  • Posted on 08 June 21 at 12:59
    Summer sale is coming!
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33516,034
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 13:03
    TheRyanGillam said:

I've honestly never had that problem. If you have idiots sending you dumb messages just block them. Problem solved.

In other news not a very interesting sale this week. I hope as others have said that a summer sale is coming up.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,104
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 13:18
    TheRyanGillam said:

Report them on Xbox = two idiots less in the ecosystem.

Other than that, just ignore (or block) those same idiots here. There's still plenty of interesting stuff to comment on. And occasionally decent people doing the commenting.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,407
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 13:44
    If only Descenders would make it to $10
  • TehJofusTehJofus682,743
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 13:48
    I’ll always pick up an Eastasiasoft game when it’s on sale, helps that Sinuka is actually kinda fun.

Other than that…not much appealing to me this week. For the best, I suppose.
  • BirdBird589,296
    Posted on 08 June 21 at 14:46
    Don't sleep on Wandersong, it was a hidden gem on Game Pass. Incredibly charming game!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.