The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: June 29th, 2021

• SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,061
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 07:37
    Kapstokman said:
    Lord Azure#6704 said:
    ghostlymostly said:
    Mafia 3 € 9.89 .... they should give € 9.89 and Mafia 3 for free. That game is way too broken to even be played.
    I bought the trilogy a few months back on sale and not long started 3, had no issues so far. Without spoilers (if possible) can you explain what I need to look out for? headspin
    Like with most games that have achievement issues, make sure to turn off quick resume and always fully close the game. But that's a console issue, not a game issue.
    It is a game problem in this case. I played Mafia 3 back in 2016 with no "achievement" issue but the re-release of it in the form of Definitive Edition caused some problems. last time I contacted the devs they were working on a fix.
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,345
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 07:49
    Crap
  • ghostlymostlyghostlymostly1,611,045
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 07:54
    Achievements not unlocking ... and buildings with no walls and roofs. The doorframe, door and the furniture would just be there :) ... to me it's terrible, I didn't even finish it ... it's a terrible mess.
    Achievements not unlocking ... and building with no walls and roofs, ... to me it's terrible, I didn't even finish it ... it's a terrible mess.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 08:30
    MGaskell said:
    Cruz brothers has 2000Gs with plans for a further 1000 soon.. and it’s Uber cheap? rock
    really? it has plans for another 1000k update? lol neat!
  • MGaskellMGaskell421,519
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 08:37
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    MGaskell said:
    Cruz brothers has 2000Gs with plans for a further 1000 soon.. and it’s Uber cheap? rock
    really? it has plans for another 1000k update? lol neat!
    That’s what their Twitter says.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 08:46
    That is about the most miserable weekly 'sale' that I've seen on XBOX, both in terms of the selection and the discounts. And one item of DLC included?! Thanks, MS....
  • WulfTekWulfTek710,055
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 09:11
    SoulyDconte said:
    Kapstokman said:
    Lord Azure#6704 said:
    ghostlymostly said:
    Mafia 3 € 9.89 .... they should give € 9.89 and Mafia 3 for free. That game is way too broken to even be played.
    I bought the trilogy a few months back on sale and not long started 3, had no issues so far. Without spoilers (if possible) can you explain what I need to look out for? headspin
    Like with most games that have achievement issues, make sure to turn off quick resume and always fully close the game. But that's a console issue, not a game issue.
    It is a game problem in this case. I played Mafia 3 back in 2016 with no "achievement" issue but the re-release of it in the form of Definitive Edition caused some problems. last time I contacted the devs they were working on a fix.
    For those wondering, there's at least 2 "collectible" achievements that have their progress reset upon the game closing, so you have to get them all in one sitting, which could take around 6 hours I believe. However the game is prone to crashing so it's very luck based.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 09:25
    I need that Sniper Elite 4 Season Pass to go on sale headspin
  • CraphexCraphex612,849
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 09:39
    Ah the surge double pack on sale again, i own the first, wanting the the deluxe edition of the 2nd. Or the season pass, but it feels weird buying dlc for a game on game pass when it can be removed at any point, worth future proofing myself with the deluxe when that comes on sale?
    Craphex
  • tsu4311tsu4311226,575
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 11:42
    The Cherished said:
    tsu4311 said:
    Yes finally bound by flame
    I would love to see a face off between Bound By Flame and Faery Legends of Avalon to see who has been on sale the most.
    We'd have to include Mars war logs to make it a 3 way race
  • superniceguysuperniceguy353,501
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 11:54
    Rubbish sale, I wonder if another big sale is incoming, as this is worse than the sales before the Deals Unlocked sale dropped later in the week.
  • The Ol n DeThe Ol n De405,236
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:09
    sad to see so many people complaining about sales lists.
    they would deserve a world without sales lists.
    talk about spoiled brats.
    Stan Day One Edition Owner
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:09
    tsu4311 said:
    The Cherished said:
    tsu4311 said:
    Yes finally bound by flame
    I would love to see a face off between Bound By Flame and Faery Legends of Avalon to see who has been on sale the most.
    We'd have to include Mars war logs to make it a 3 way race
    I do think most Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and Tom Clancy Games have a big shot at this aswell
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan149,540
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:23
    Whoops! I had no idea what sort of controversy I would cause by posting those links. In the future, I won’t post links to those sites unless someone asks me specifically.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:28
    TymanTheLong said:
    Seasons after the Fall (in the bundle) is an adorable little game, short, well done, definitely worth picking up at that price, you could get through it tomorrow if you wanted. I’ve never played Shiness (also in the bundle), I’m sure it’s alright, but Seasons is worth it all by itself, imo.
    Sweet, already beat Shiness but I'll pick up Seasons after Fall for that price.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • N30YRDN30YRD657,067
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:56
    Cruz Brothers for under £1 for 2000g definitely worth it... Loads of guides on YouTube to grt it all done quickly aswell
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,367,232
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 14:22
    Lame sale .
  • II Blittz IIII Blittz II221,756
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 14:22, Edited on 29 June 21 at 14:27 by II Blittz II
    While there aren't many great games in this week's sale, if you're solely looking for Gamerscore, there's 3 games on this list for under $5 which can earn you a total of 3000 Gamerscore. The only one that seems to take a bit of skill, is Dead Dungeon, some levels seem moderately challenging but nothing overly difficult. With that being said, after doing some research on these games, I might pick them up myself. Also, Dead Dungeon is similar to Super Meat Boy but seems to be a lot less brutal and extreme.

1. Cruz Brothers - $1.19
    2. Dead Dungeon - $1.99
    3. Manual Samuel - $1.49

Total: $4.67 +tax
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 14:32
    Mafia 3 for 9 bucks Yes please!!!!
  • RiIeyRiIey635,921
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 16:02
    Hollywood Tony said:
    RiIey said:
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    RiIey said:
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    lots of cheap easy score games this week it looks like.. Ill have to wait and see the whole thing later
    What do you see? I see nothing
    Aborigenus, cruz brothers, dead dungeon, deja vu, hue, and a few more...look again lol
    Most of those we already bought bro. Those are trash
    What an unnecessary response
    its not an unnecessary response!!!!! Everyone already bought those. We are not waiting for those! We want good games on sale not trash!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.