Game Discussion: Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear

Platform Icon Bug

• Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon1,082,045
    Posted on 30 June 21 at 20:39
    When looking at my Game Collection, this particular title is showing up with the Windows platform icon instead of the Xbox 360.

Don't know if it's just me, but there's really no way for me to fix this. Can I get some help with that?
    Don't worry about criticism from people that you wouldn't seek advice from.
    Posted on 30 June 21 at 20:40, Edited on 30 June 21 at 20:41 by Sir Paulygon
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip3,492,718
    Posted on 30 June 21 at 20:53, Edited on 30 June 21 at 20:55 by NutriWhip
    Shows fine for me in my collection. Try holding Shift while refreshing the page to see if it fixes it. Might be a cache issue on your end.

Edit: I just checked out your game collection and do indeed see the Windows icon. Weird.
    Posted on 02 July 21 at 20:00
    NutriWhip said:
    Shows fine for me in my collection. Try holding Shift while refreshing the page to see if it fixes it. Might be a cache issue on your end.

Edit: I just checked out your game collection and do indeed see the Windows icon. Weird.
    Crazy, right?! laugh

My totals don't match up in my platform summary either:

Platform Summary Bug

I'm hoping someone from staff will see it. Maybe I need to reach out to someone directly.
  • Kornfan2007Kornfan2007443,360
    Posted on 07 July 21 at 18:53
    To the right of the game, can you select Edit and verify the Platform drop down is set to the correct platform. It should display whichever platform you have the game set as so it may just be on the wrong one. If it is set correctly then I will send it onto the devs for investigation.
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 03:07
    Unfortunately, I have tried that already. There doesn't seem to be a selectable option to change the platform for any Xbox 360 title.

However, I did notice even more games with the wrong platform -- always with the Windows icon. As luck would have it, with any Xbox One title, you seemingly always have two options with Series X/S being the other. In those situations, since I have that selectable option, I can actually fix those instances.

Please feel free to let me know if you need screenshots or to troubleshoot anything else. This has been a thorn in my side for as long as I can remember! laugh
  • Kornfan2007Kornfan2007443,360
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 10:03
    I have filled a bug for the devs to investigate
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 15:19
    Awesome. Thank you again!
    Posted on 08 September 21 at 19:35
    Kornfan2007 said:
    Good day. Following up as I haven't heard anything in a couple of months. Anything I can do on my end to help?

Thanks.
    Posted on 15 November 21 at 19:18
    Kornfan2007 said:
    Reaching out for an update on this as well.

Also, found a few more games that are popping up with the wrong platform icon:

Dead Rising 2: Case West
    Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
    Attack of the Movies 3D

I swear I'm not doing this on purpose! laugh
  • Remco1986Remco1986308,384
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 18:02
    When I add them to my Game Collection, I see the Xbox360 icon. For the three games you mentioned later, can you try removing them from your game collection (via the (...) menu on the game's banner) and then add them again? Wondering what that does.

As for the first one, you can't remove it from your game collection because you have achievements on it, but I'm wondering what re-adding does to the other three games.

I've also sent the link to this thread to the Game Info team, see if they can change something.
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 19:57
    Remco1986 said:
    When I add them to my Game Collection, I see the Xbox360 icon. For the three games you mentioned later, can you try removing them from your game collection (via the (...) menu on the game's banner) and then add them again? Wondering what that does.

As for the first one, you can't remove it from your game collection because you have achievements on it, but I'm wondering what re-adding does to the other three games.

I've also sent the link to this thread to the Game Info team, see if they can change something.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I have done this before, but just tried again for kicks and giggles and no such luck.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.