Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xitilon adding nearly 20,000G in more title updates soon, considering Series X|S ports

• Throni360Throni3601,787,750
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 08:28, Edited on 10 July 21 at 08:28 by Throni360
    Vudix said:
    Do not bash larger projects and use his titles as an example of fixes done right... Bluntly, making that comparison without knowing anything about software development is a very childish assumption.
    There's nothing childish about demanding a working product for your money. AAA games cost several times more than a Xitilion game. Even more reason to expect a working product.

And most publishers simply don't care. People bought the product and can't refund. They can run away with the money and people will buy their next game again. Gamers don't learn and people like you are the reason why so many people say it's "entitlement" to demand a working product for your money. Something that is normal in every other industry.
  • VudixVudix2,082,669
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 08:47
    Throni360 said:
    Vudix said:
    Do not bash larger projects and use his titles as an example of fixes done right... Bluntly, making that comparison without knowing anything about software development is a very childish assumption.
    There's nothing childish about demanding a working product for your money. AAA games cost several times more than a Xitilion game. Even more reason to expect a working product.

And most publishers simply don't care. People bought the product and can't refund. They can run away with the money and people will buy their next game again. Gamers don't learn and people like you are the reason why so many people say it's "entitlement" to demand a working product for your money. Something that is normal in every other industry.
    You clearly don’t know who I am or what I do.

1) I never said demanding a working product is childish. I said saying fixing a Gamemaker game is the same level of work as fixing a AAA product is childish

2) I literally have an entire thread and discord where all I do is work on getting games fixed. Reaching out to studios, dev teams.... I’ve been at the forefront of getting more than 200 titles fixed through direct intervention since I’ve begun publicly assisting last year, October. The fact that you would say people like me are the reason things don’t get fixed and people don’t care is asinine.
    Vudix: Game Developer; Acquisitions Manager; Soldier. Let’s fix some games!
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,209,802
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 08:51
    Vudix said:
    Throni360 said:
    Vudix said:

You clearly don’t know who I am or what I do.

1) I never said demanding a working product is childish. I said saying fixing a Gamemaker game is the same level of work as fixing a AAA product is childish

2) I literally have an entire thread and discord where all I do is work on getting games fixed. Reaching out to studios, dev teams.... I’ve been at the forefront of getting more than 200 titles fixed through direct intervention since I’ve begun publicly assisting last year, October. The fact that you would say people like me are the reason things don’t get fixed and people don’t care is asinine.
    I'm the guy that said you have fixed more titles than the whole site combined. Any word on RBI 21 win 10? I appreciate everything you do including explaining to us how stuff works!
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • VudixVudix2,082,669
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 08:55
    Oriole2682 said:
    I'm the guy that said you have fixed more titles than the whole site combined. Any word on RBI 21 win 10? I appreciate everything you do including explaining to us how stuff works!
    Ah, I was wondering who that was! Yes. I got in touch around the time you asked and they said they’d incorporate a fix into an upcoming patch. That was around late June so I’m sure we’ll see something soon!
    Vudix: Game Developer; Acquisitions Manager; Soldier. Let’s fix some games!
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 12:16
    Vudix said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Ah, I was wondering who that was! Yes. I got in touch around the time you asked and they said they’d incorporate a fix into an upcoming patch. That was around late June so I’m sure we’ll see something soon!
    Nah that was yazfromalcatraz I had spoken with him about it recently since we were the only two that was playing the game on release. I appreciate everything you do...throni you have lost your title as Xbox king. :(
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • HunterCHHunterCH751,126
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 13:30, Edited on 10 July 21 at 13:36 by HunterCH
    Throni360 said:
    Vudix said:

This! Thank you, I am so tired of AAA games releasing with bugs and people say "just wait for the patches". I payed money and I expect a working product. Imagine buying a car and it has not propper working brakes and only 3 wheels but the seller promises you to fix the brakes and deliver the fourth wheel within the next couple of weeks... nobody would buy such a car.
  • Posted on 10 July 21 at 18:08
    HunterCH said:
    Throni360 said:
    Vudix said:

This! Thank you, I am so tired of AAA games releasing with bugs and people say "just wait for the patches". I payed money and I expect a working product. Imagine buying a car and it has not propper working brakes and only 3 wheels but the seller promises you to fix the brakes and deliver the fourth wheel within the next couple of weeks... nobody would buy such a car.
    This, so damn much. I've lost almost all my faith in the gaming industry over the last gen- It's pretty much a given games will be released broken and fixed at a later date. Often, there are full game patches. I don't think the big dev's have any pride in their products anymore...it's a slap in the face. Now, I only buy games when they have been out for awhile and hot 50% off or more. The excitement of getting a game upon release is long over for me.
    Hola
  • Throni360Throni3601,787,750
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 18:57
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    I don't think the big dev's have any pride in their products anymore...it's a slap in the face.
    Money is more important than pride and passion. Get excited about a new game, consume game and move on to the next. Gamers don't learn.

Look at Anthem. Broken upon release, playable when it entered EA Access. You wait and you get a stable, playable version for much cheaper. Why would anyone buy a AAA game at launch just to be a beta tester? Just wait 2-3 months and buy the game for $20. We don't have Day1 DLC and season passes because of that mindset but simply because enough people still trust devs and buy a season pass for cut content without even knowing if it's worth the asking price. Intelligent gamers wait for a GOTY, gold etc version and grab it for cheap.
  • ShakasoShakaso874,932
    Posted on 10 July 21 at 19:15
    Throni360 said:
    Money is more important than pride and passion. Get excited about a new game, consume game and move on to the next. Gamers don't learn.

Look at Anthem. Broken upon release, playable when it entered EA Access. You wait and you get a stable, playable version for much cheaper. Why would anyone buy a AAA game at launch just to be a beta tester? Just wait 2-3 months and buy the game for $20. We don't have Day1 DLC and season passes because of that mindset but simply because enough people still trust devs and buy a season pass for cut content without even knowing if it's worth the asking price. Intelligent gamers wait for a GOTY, gold etc version and grab it for cheap.
    Gotta agree, however wasnt there "early access" to Anthem via EA Access ?
  • Posted on 05 August 21 at 22:07
    I actually enjoyed 50 years and Castle of No Escape very simple and fun games. I still need to get a Series X but I would buy the stacks again lol. I don't have much time to get anymore but I like to see my meaningless number go up 😂
  • QuickdontdieQuickdontdie1,578,032
    Posted on 05 August 21 at 22:35
    How much does the system have to be abused before ms does anything?
    Posted on 05 August 21 at 22:56
    Quickdontdie said:
    Its not being abused, its being implemented correctly, MS is the one that designed the system this way, read the thread!
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • QuickdontdieQuickdontdie1,578,032
    Posted on 05 August 21 at 23:14
    Oriole2682 said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    Its not being abused, its being implemented correctly, MS is the one that designed the system this way, read the thread!
    You and I both know this isn't what they had in mind..
    It technically fitting the parameters doesn't stop it from being abuse
    Posted on 05 August 21 at 23:18
    I don't know that, I mean MS started the whole idea with Gears 4, if it makes them money and makes some of us on the site happy...win/win...whats wrong with it?
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • Groudon199Groudon199676,005
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 00:45, Edited on 07 August 21 at 12:58 by Groudon199
    Quickdontdie said:
    When more publishers are allowed to have region-specific achievement lists, I'd wager. Xitilon already gave that a shot on the PlayStation side and Ratalaika have been doing it there for years.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,691,566
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 01:01
    Oriole2682 said:
    I don't know that, I mean MS started the whole idea with Gears 4, if it makes them money and makes some of us on the site happy...win/win...whats wrong with it?
    It makes others unhappy so it aint exactly win/win lol.
    Besides, GoW 4 was at least had actual updates (though opinions on the Gears of War title updates are also a battleground anyway lmao)
    Santino
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 01:14
    PangoBara said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    It makes others unhappy so it aint exactly win/win lol.
    Besides, GoW 4 was at least had actual updates (though opinions on the Gears of War title updates are also a battleground anyway lmao)
    Unhappy with free GS and achievements, who gives a fuck? If you don't like it don't buy it or play it! Why would anyone be unhappy about something that doesn't affect them idk? I guess thats the way the world works, no one seemed to be happy about those billionaires flying off into space either but I don't think they gave a fuck. MS doesn't give a fuck when they are making money if some people are upset for something that they shouldn't care about.
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,310,663
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 23:13
    Quickdontdie said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    It really only matters if someone is being hurt by it.

...is someone being hurt by it?
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 23:36
    Sashamorning said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    It really only matters if someone is being hurt by it.

...is someone being hurt by it?
    Show me on the doll where the easy Gamerscore Title Updates touched you...
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,339,733
    Posted on 07 August 21 at 05:08
    Oriole2682 said:
    Show me on the doll where the easy Gamerscore Title Updates touched you...
    Damn you 😂
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.