Forum for the Jake Jump Contest

Jake Jump - Discussion Thread

• planting42planting421,832,853
    Posted on 03 July 21 at 11:02
    Are you ready to dig deep into your library? If you need a hand with something or want to offer support to your fellow Jumpers, here's the place smile
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 10:58
    Quick question, if I start a new game (say from 2014) and unlock an achievement is it still only worth 1 point as the game has never been started?
  • MorseyBabyMorseyBaby338,118
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 12:00
    SIMON HAMILTON said:
    Quick question, if I start a new game (say from 2014) and unlock an achievement is it still only worth 1 point as the game has never been started?
    From the description yes I think so as it's designed to encourage you to go back to games already on your card
  • ecinrunecinrun690,536
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 12:11
    If you get an achievement in an old game (in Hexic I got an achievement 10 years ago for example) will only the first achievement get the bonus or will all the achievements get the bonus?
  • Fluke939Fluke939472,906
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 12:19
    So the FAQ says to look at your list of games in the Game Collection.
    If games are not in that list are they not gonna work for the contest?
    Any reason games on my Xbox profile wouldn't show up?

I am missing loads of games on that list. Everything I unlocked from 2017 is consistent, but I only have a handful of games between 2010 and 2016. All my gaming should have been online during that period, I have Gears of war 2, 3 and judgement in the list from that time which I played a ton of multiplayer on. I don't think I unplugged my eithernet cable whilst playing other games
  • TveilorTveilor308,808
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 12:56, Edited on 08 July 21 at 12:56 by Tveilor
    I plan to have my Bean Dive going for longer, will this affect that in any way or will the bean dive run alongside this?
    Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 12:58
    How will DLC count for this? I have a few games that I finished the base game for years ago but never started the DLC, so if I get the DLC now will they count ?
    Looking for boosting partners for: Ms Splosion Man; TH's Proving Ground
  • ZeklingZekling348,863
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 13:05
    Quick question - On the 'Gamer Progress' screen that shows me the top 10 games that are worth the most points, is it supposed to show games I no longer have and/or are flagged with "not for contests" ?

When clicking on "view more games" I only get Owned/Games with Gold/Borrowing ownership status games and no games that are flagged with "not for contests".

Just wondering if it's supposed to be like that or not :)
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,049,502
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 13:24
    Zekling said:
    Quick question - On the 'Gamer Progress' screen that shows me the top 10 games that are worth the most points, is it supposed to show games I no longer have and/or are flagged with "not for contests" ?

When clicking on "view more games" I only get Owned/Games with Gold/Borrowing ownership status games and no games that are flagged with "not for contests".

Just wondering if it's supposed to be like that or not :)
    Not sure any of that matters for this contest. It is showing you the oldest game on your card that you haven't played the longest. If you no longer own it, don't worry about it, you just can't get those points. You don't have to play anything old...play what you want, but the farther you go back, the more points that first achievement is worth.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • TriRockTriRock2,321,612
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 15:21
    The oldest game available to me would be Kane & Lynch. Let's get those two MP achievements! laugh
  • OLph42OLph421,302,486
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 15:48
    So did I screw myself by not cleaning up the 'Not for Contests'-flags?
  • tpatriciotpatricio174,245
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 16:22
    As above, will the "Not for Contests" games work or i need to change?
  • MLG NoPantsMLG NoPants777,503
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 17:47
    If I unlock an achievement in an old game, do all other achievements in that game become one point since my "last won" would be 2021?
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv695,730
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 17:55
    MLG NoPants said:
    If I unlock an achievement in an old game, do all other achievements in that game become one point since my "last won" would be 2021?
    Yep!
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • atryeu1atryeu1323,086
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 18:30, Edited on 08 July 21 at 18:39 by atryeu1
    tpatricio said:
    thats what i'm wondering now too. i only have a few games listed that were allowed for a previous contest and there was no warning about needing to adjust it before registering. can i not participate or can i adjust it?

editing to answer this for others. i just changed my game collection to add games that were set not for contests from last time and they show on the list fine so you just need to adjust your lists :)

i'm wondering about the dlc somebody asked about though. i have some dlc i need to go back through and do for games i've played in the past also. will it count or only base game achievements?
  • l BlackBrian7 ll BlackBrian7 l1,737,870
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 18:32
    Typically finished a 15 year old game a week ago haha
  • rekikirerekikire1,592,668
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 19:24
    atryeu1 said:
    tpatricio said:
    thats what i'm wondering now too. i only have a few games listed that were allowed for a previous contest and there was no warning about needing to adjust it before registering. can i not participate or can i adjust it?

editing to answer this for others. i just changed my game collection to add games that were set not for contests from last time and they show on the list fine so you just need to adjust your lists :)

i'm wondering about the dlc somebody asked about though. i have some dlc i need to go back through and do for games i've played in the past also. will it count or only base game achievements?
    This isn't a contest, so there's no need to worry about the "Not for Contests". Any and all achievements on games in your collection can count towards it. Including DLC achievements.
  • SKIN RIPSKIN RIP801,776
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 20:16
    Someone needs to include in the FAQ that this is only available to those members with full tracking !!!!!
    http://www.mygamerprofile.net/card/nxenew/SKIN+RIP.png
  • HalidocHalidoc1,338,019
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 20:17, Edited on 08 July 21 at 20:18 by Halidoc
    I am curious about what time difference counts for DLC.

Doesn't apply to me but a quick example, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds came out 2013, but the Frau Pack for Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds came out just over 4 years later. If the last achievement you got in the game was, say, 2015, does the DLC achievement count from then, or from 2017?

Rare example but just curious for clarification.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,352,662
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 21:02
    Can i discount games with unstarted DLC from the games list, becaue all my super old games are mostly 100% with unstarted DLC.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.