Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Are gamers evil?

• RBILLINGTON94RBILLINGTON941,436,230
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:02
    I'm evil for the achievements
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw1,546,906
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:17
    By nature, a human is, by default, Lawful Evil.
    There is always a way.
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:18
    Ginuwine AI3 said:
    Long live Lollipop Chainsaw. We need a remaster!!
    And in regards to this, everyone that did look up her skirt did it for the achievement. I seriously don't think this would've been thought about if it wasn't an achievement.
    There is always a way.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,692,684
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:44
    As much as i wanna go bad, I always have to be a good guy. I still might headshot the odd npc tho :)
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:46
    Diamond head - am i evil
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 07:53
    given i 100% every game i play regrdless of moral achievements i guess id consider myself an agent of true neutrality
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:01
    I always play my games as the absolute good guy/hero, helping as much people as possible. It's what makes me happy too in my real life smile
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,935,972
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:12
    DysJayded said:
    Obviously you save right before doing that evil thing and then reload like it never happened.

It’s the perfect crime.
    Unless you're playing Undertale 😁
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,935,972
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:14
    Allgorhythm said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Nickbronline said:
    There’s a special place in hell for gamers according to most journalists
    There's a special place in hell for journalists according to most people
    +1
    +1
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Mystic MoshMystic Mosh353,507
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:27
    The worst case I came across for being evil to get further into a game was having to massacre new born babies in Dante's Inferno. I thought WTF?! when it became apparent what had to be done. Left a bad taste in the mouth. Rest of the game was good though.
  • Creation0014Creation0014630,869
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:46, Edited on 08 July 21 at 08:47 by Creation0014
    Isn't that the whole point of video games? Finding new ways to have fun and pissed off other gamers? To me, it depends on the achievements of that particular game. Some games require you to be a pacifist and some games require you to just go out of your mind. Take Fallout 4 for an example, you do a quest for a particular person, then kill and rob the person after they pay you for the quest. There are some games that I played that always requires no killings and that's annoying especially when that person just irritates you and you can't do nothing about it if you want that achievement for that particular playthrough. To be honest, I'm no innocent gamer; I've done my share of damage to gamers and in video games in the Xbox World. I always tell people: I don't take pleasure in a person's pain, but my anger will come down on you like the cold Antarctica rain; if you attack me.
    Mr. Creational: Yeah that's not going to work. It seems getting laid with money payment is more efficient than getting laid with love, loyalty, and c
  • Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:48, Edited on 08 July 21 at 08:48 by GaryBlack2311
    Are people that write cruel books or make cruel films evil? What about the folks that enjoy those?
    Can ANY relation between "consuming fictional evil" and "being evil in reality" even be claimed/proven?
  • Bridge188Bridge1881,402,714
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 08:56
    If there's an achievement for it, morals go out the window
  • DerPeter83DerPeter83531,834
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 09:16
    Yes, we are
    *crosses street at red light, drives w/o use of blinkers/indicators, burns kittens and.... PUTS PINEAPPLES ON PIZZA!!!!*
  • bloodlands 666bloodlands 6661,642,897
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 09:27
    Killer is dead had some weird ones
  • JedEganJedEgan772,535
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 09:49
    The assumption that 77% of global Xbox gamers killed at least one Little Sister in Bioschock 360 is incorrect.

You only unlock the Little Sister Saviour achievement by beating the game, and only 39% of global Xbox players have done that. So the 77% of gamers who haven't unlocked Little Sister Saviour are a combination of those who completed the game while killing at least one Little Sister and those who didn't finish the game at all, and therefore it can't be said for certain if they did or didn't kill any Sisters.
  • R4Z1R4Z1187,493
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 09:49
    yes
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 09:54
    JedEgan said:
    The assumption that 77% of global Xbox gamers killed at least one Little Sister in Bioschock 360 is incorrect.

You only unlock the Little Sister Saviour achievement by beating the game, and only 39% of global Xbox players have done that. So the 77% of gamers who haven't unlocked Little Sister Saviour are a combination of those who completed the game while killing at least one Little Sister and those who didn't finish the game at all, and therefore it can't be said for certain if they did or didn't kill any Sisters.
    I thought this as well. I was thinking, who doesn't finish Bioshock honestly? laugh
    There is always a way.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483378,222
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 10:12
    I can't believe so few people haven't played through the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim. Who plays Skyrim without playing through all guild and faction questlines?
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76817,224
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 10:22
    In BioShock, just 27% of global Xbox 360 players with the game managed to unlock the Little Sister Savior achievement, which is awarded for completing the game without harvesting any of the Little Sisters. This means, when presented with the option, 73% of players decided to kill the sweet darlings without mercy
    If I remember correctly, I only killed one accidentally when the button prompts for two different actions overlapped at the worst possible time, costing me the achievement in the process. angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads