Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

The Coalition could be working on a new IP

• Posted on 19 July 21 at 17:38
    Wait genuinely curious why all the coalition hate in this thread what did they do ?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 21 at 17:38
    This screams alt account play through all day. They lost my interest with 100,000,000dmg in versus, and have the hubris to continue without changing it.
  • EthigyEthigy1,373,397
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 17:57
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    Wait genuinely curious why all the coalition hate in this thread what did they do ?
    laugh
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,110,411
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 18:07, Edited on 19 July 21 at 18:08 by Shinnizle
    Dutch x Monster said:
    TC bringing you the Gears Casual line of games

- Featuring Gears Mahjong, Gears Bingo, Gears Sudoku and the all time favorite Learn to write with Marcus Fenix
    Don't you mean "Marcus is Missing"? laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 21 at 18:23, Edited on 19 July 21 at 18:29 by
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    They don't respect the people who they make their games for, nor the time sink they expect us to put into the game, they hate completionists and I believe have gone on record to say they don't make games for us... something along the lines of this.

If you look up the news article of the guy who created most of the achievements on here you'll have a very good discussion as to why.

edit:
    this one: Seriously? Seriously! Meet the sadist behind Gears 5's brutal achievements

for me personally, it was the abysmal campaign of Gears 4, riddled with bugs, stupid ironman mode in a game not built for it, hundreds of hours of grinding one horde map for a ridiculous re-up 11 (thank god mine glitched), some people hate gears 5 campaign, but I thought it was just okay, nothing special, time gated achievements in almost all of their games that they havent figured out we HATE yet and have been going mad with ever since Gears 3. They edit their Escape missions a year in the future to stop people speed running them, they make the Fabricator have health because we found that people cant get by it in a certain map.

Essentially, if you don't actively grind for hundreds of hours in the EXACT way they want you to, they will fuck with you until you just say fuck it, and walk away from their games, which I have done. I will never play a Gears game in the future.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 21 at 18:42
    Shinnizle said:
    Dutch x Monster said:

- Featuring Gears Mahjong, Gears Bingo, Gears Sudoku and the all time favorite Learn to write with Marcus Fenix
    Don't you mean "Marcus is Missing"? laugh
    Loooool, that will be the nickname for Gears of War Judgment from now on haha
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • EveryBaseEveryBase551,630
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 19:04
    It's time we finally get "Fishing Of War" and "Southern Cookin with Fenix" games. Would be amazing. smile
  • EI BikerboyEI Bikerboy495,051
  • AlumejrAlumejr246,335 246,335 GamerScore
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 21:10
    Desi Shinobi said:
    I hope it's a Gears spin-off with 2000000000000 kill achievements, it would make my life.
    I am with you on this one!!!! I have no life i need more grinding....lol
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE692,245,438
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 22:43
    If the last 2 Gears games weren't on gamepass I wouldn't have bothered playing them. Honestly haven't fully enjoyed a Gears game since maybe 2 and I was never a fan of the shotgun rolling multiplayer.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
  • GilCAnjosGilCAnjos224,260
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 23:04
    Corrupt XBA said:
    Hot news! Game company is working on a game!

No such thing as a slow news day!
    I mean, the studio was specifically created for Gears of War, the fact that they might be working on something other than Gears of War would indeed be news
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,800
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 23:19
    ArmedGamerbeast said:
    The community manager telling those of us in New Zealand that having the only way we can get achievements is to risk a permanent ban from horde and versus was the nail in the coffin for the series for me.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • xxST90xxxxST90xx318,556
    Posted on 19 July 21 at 23:55
    Nice , Broke Gears and now doing something else....I miss Rod & Cliff
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,343,691
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 03:50
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Whatever it is, I'll play it on an alt account just for the story.
    speaking facts rn
  • TeenSl4yerTeenSl4yer850,536
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 04:24
    trash
  • Trap Em AllTrap Em All189,070
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 04:47
    xT3RRORMASTA said:
    Rod was behind the dumpster fire of 4 ya know, as well as into 5. You just miss Cliff
  • SUBNAT3DSUBNAT3D491,883
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 04:57
    As long as Coalition is at the helm, I could not care less about Gears because let's be honest, it's most likely just going to be another GoW spin off. If I had to guess, I've probably put in 10-15k+ hours into GoW1 through to UE, it's probably my favourite game franchise of all time. At least the original trilogy. I wish MS would just find a new developer and revitalise this franchise, I'm completely over the Coalition. The only GoW game from them I've enjoyed and put a considerable amount of hours into was UE, but that doesn't exactly count since it's pretty hard to screw up a remaster.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 July 21 at 08:35
    Dutch x Monster said:

Too fuñny laugh
  • Posted on 20 July 21 at 09:48
    One to ignore. After grinding away at Gears 5 to get my remaining achievement they have put me off even attempting to play Gears 6 or a new IP created by them.

By the way they may be adding new achievements with Op8 so we can expect more grinding. When I think of the achievements they could add they all have grinding involved.
  • xxST90xxxxST90xx318,556
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 14:45
    Trap Em All said:
    xT3RRORMASTA said:
    Rod was behind the dumpster fire of 4 ya know, as well as into 5. You just miss Cliff
    No only both together works...since rod is gone it has become even worse....

But those days are long gone unfortunately
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads