The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale round-up: July 23rd, 2021

• mkdfanmkdfan817,552
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 16:18
    HolyHalfDead said:
    mkdfan said:
    I don’t wanna be “that guy” but it’s just the same games with the same prices again.
    And there is always “that guy” that is wrong about this every sale. Did you even look at the sale list before you posted your comment?

Every sale some games are cheaper than they have ever been before. Otherwise the only way a game like Titanfall 2 could be $2.99 is if that was the price it was the first time it went on sale a few months after it was released.
    Believe me, I went through it all.
    That might be the case with US prices, certainly not UK prices.
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 16:21
    Onimusha and Prototype 1
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,346,908
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 16:41
    There really needs to be a note or a flag for games on sale that have no achievements. A few pop up every week or so.

Also, Xbox OG games are not Xbox 360 games. They could also use the same flag.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 16:51
    Thanks TA for the price alert on a few titles here. Got the alert well before this Sales post was generated.
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney790,168
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:02
    La-Mulana at $9 is tempting... can never have enough Metroidvanias in my backlog.
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • eayragteayragt239,216
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:03
    RomBurner said:
    notoriousJMZ said:
    HellAlex92 said:
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas EU: 24,99€
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas US: $11,99

LEGO® Marvel Collection EU: 29,99€
    LEGO® Marvel Collection US: $11,99

Jesus fucking christ - wtf is this price policy? we europeans better switch to US storefront and buy games there much cheaper..
    Is there a way to purchase from the US/Canada store? There are quite a few titles here that are much lower in price (extra 50% I some cases).
    Of course there is and no need to change your xbox region ;)

Buy an XBox US Dollar gift card for the amount you need to cover your purchase (remember to add around 10% for the sales tax that will be added on). I used g2a.com but you can use any site you prefer that will sell you USD cards.
    eg: if the game is $11.99 then you will need ~ $13.20 credit to buy it.

Next go to redeem.microsoft.com and sign in if it does not auto log you in.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and at the left it will show your region. Click the link and select United States from the list.
    Redeem your USD code.

Now go to the xbox store and find the game you want.
    Make sure you sign in.
    Again, scroll to the bottom and if the region does not say United States, click it and change to the United States.
    Buy your game.

You can even buy games that are no longer available in your region (I just bought the Hasbro Family Collection which is no longer available in the UK)

Install and enjoy! :)
    I seriously recommend that you move to a state without a sales tax wink
    Say everything with a smile
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan819,399
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:09
    The fact that Indivisible is still that expensive is ridiculous.
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:10
    I might get the Titanfall games so I can support the devs. Also, to boost them
  • EveryBaseEveryBase356,059
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:23
    Wow, so the Windbound devs fixed the broken achievements it looks like, nice can finally support them that game looks like a Zelda/Survival hybrid.
  • RomBurnerRomBurner197,664
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:25
    eayragt said:
    RomBurner said:
    notoriousJMZ said:
    HellAlex92 said:

Jesus fucking christ - wtf is this price policy? we europeans better switch to US storefront and buy games there much cheaper..
    Is there a way to purchase from the US/Canada store? There are quite a few titles here that are much lower in price (extra 50% I some cases).

Buy an XBox US Dollar gift card for the amount you need to cover your purchase (remember to add around 10% for the sales tax that will be added on). I used g2a.com but you can use any site you prefer that will sell you USD cards.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and at the left it will show your region. Click the link and select United States from the list.
    Redeem your USD code.

Make sure you sign in.
    Again, scroll to the bottom and if the region does not say United States, click it and change to the United States.
    Buy your game.

You can even buy games that are no longer available in your region (I just bought the Hasbro Family Collection which is no longer available in the UK)

Well, as I'm in the UK, that would be difficult :)
  • eayragteayragt239,216
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:49
    RomBurner said:
    eayragt said:
    RomBurner said:
    notoriousJMZ said:
    HellAlex92 said:

Redeem your USD code.

Make sure you sign in.
    Buy your game.

Well, as I'm in the UK, that would be difficult :)
    I think it would make it easier wink I am also in the UK, but my US purchases are tax free smile
    Say everything with a smile
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan152,496
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 17:51
    360 items that haven't been on sale in 6+ months:
    - Fallout New Vegas DLC (4 items), last on sale 11/19/20
    - Far Cry 4 (360) (last on sale 12/2/20)
    - The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings (last on sale 12/17/20)
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:17
    Why is there no "there are xxx games in sale from your wishlist" notification für this sale @ta?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:18
    RomBurner said:

Redeem your USD code.

Make sure you sign in.
    Buy your game.

no IP checking?
  • EthigyEthigy859,437
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:29
    Bad time to be broke.
  • FEEDtheBEA5TFEEDtheBEA5T1,018,545
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:39
    What is with the sale prices of Call of Duty games? I just don't understand why the 5+ year old games digitally are so overpriced.
    FEEDtheBEA5T (ROWDY)
  • MonheganMonhegan208,629
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:44
    First time Super Meat Boy Forever is discounted. Based on the reviews I'm not sure if it's worth it... Anyone play it and have an opinion?
  • RomBurnerRomBurner197,664
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:49
    Cuthred said:
    RomBurner said:

Redeem your USD code.

Make sure you sign in.
    Buy your game.

no IP checking?
    No, I just set my billing address on my account to a US address (I used a friends in Chicago but others have used a hotel's address in the US too). Probably why I got charged 10% sales tax as others have mentioned. Apparently Alaska has no sales tax if you want to try there.
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21471,269
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 18:53
    Patiently waiting for Outer Worlds DLC to drop and Tony Hawk at $20
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead617,361
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 19:03
    Cuthred said:
    no IP checking?
    XOSX and XSXS are region free, except China. That even applies to Xbox and X360 BC games. Non-BC games is a different story as only some of them are region free.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.