The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale round-up: July 23rd, 2021

  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,943
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 19:17, Edited on 23 July 21 at 19:20 by HolyHalfDead
    RomBurner said:
    Of course there is and no need to change your xbox region ;)
    You can change regions on the web site as many times as you wish as well. :)

    If you live in a region where the game has never been released (or there is a region specific version) and you try and play the game, it says you do not own the game. A quick region change on your console and it plays just fine.

    I’ve also heard that Delaware is a nice place to live if you were planing on moving to a different state ;)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • EMBICKEMBICK668,822
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 19:29
    its a joke its the same old recycled stuff over n over mostly at the same price
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 23 July 21 at 19:53
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Cuthred said:
    no IP checking?
    XOSX and XSXS are region free, except China. That even applies to Xbox and X360 BC games. Non-BC games is a different story as only some of them are region free.
    I am not talking about playing games but e.g. redeeming gift cards because all US gift cards I have seen have a note stating that you need an US based IP address to redeem.
    Also, you cannot access/buy 360 games not from your regional store, even on XBOX one.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 23 July 21 at 19:55
    RomBurner said:
    Cuthred said:
    RomBurner said:
    Of course there is and no need to change your xbox region ;)

    Buy an XBox US Dollar gift card for the amount you need to cover your purchase (remember to add around 10% for the sales tax that will be added on). I used g2a.com but you can use any site you prefer that will sell you USD cards.
    eg: if the game is $11.99 then you will need ~ $13.20 credit to buy it.

    Next go to redeem.microsoft.com and sign in if it does not auto log you in.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and at the left it will show your region. Click the link and select United States from the list.
    Redeem your USD code.

    Now go to the xbox store and find the game you want.
    Make sure you sign in.
    Again, scroll to the bottom and if the region does not say United States, click it and change to the United States.
    Buy your game.

    You can even buy games that are no longer available in your region (I just bought the Hasbro Family Collection which is no longer available in the UK)

    Install and enjoy! :)
    no IP checking?
    No, I just set my billing address on my account to a US address (I used a friends in Chicago but others have used a hotel's address in the US too). Probably why I got charged 10% sales tax as others have mentioned. Apparently Alaska has no sales tax if you want to try there.
    weird ... maybe the item listings for the gift cards are wrong ... I'll give it a try with a $5 card to see whether I can redeem it.
  • RomBurnerRomBurner193,209
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:03
    Cuthred said:
    RomBurner said:
    Cuthred said:
    RomBurner said:
    Of course there is and no need to change your xbox region ;)

    Buy an XBox US Dollar gift card for the amount you need to cover your purchase (remember to add around 10% for the sales tax that will be added on). I used g2a.com but you can use any site you prefer that will sell you USD cards.
    eg: if the game is $11.99 then you will need ~ $13.20 credit to buy it.

    Next go to redeem.microsoft.com and sign in if it does not auto log you in.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and at the left it will show your region. Click the link and select United States from the list.
    Redeem your USD code.

    Now go to the xbox store and find the game you want.
    Make sure you sign in.
    Again, scroll to the bottom and if the region does not say United States, click it and change to the United States.
    Buy your game.

    You can even buy games that are no longer available in your region (I just bought the Hasbro Family Collection which is no longer available in the UK)

    Install and enjoy! :)
    no IP checking?
    No, I just set my billing address on my account to a US address (I used a friends in Chicago but others have used a hotel's address in the US too). Probably why I got charged 10% sales tax as others have mentioned. Apparently Alaska has no sales tax if you want to try there.
    weird ... maybe the item listings for the gift cards are wrong ... I'll give it a try with a $5 card to see whether I can redeem it.
    Yes, I bought my dollar gift cards from g2a.com with paypal. G2a has a warning that I couldn't use it in the UK. However, changing my region in the bottom left of the rewards.microsoft.com website to United States allows me to add the funds to my microsoft account without issue. I did the same as you first (tried a $5 card). I have now spent $40 in the last two days getting some US bargains.

    If you have a problem redeeming or buying games then you may need to change your billing address on your account to a valid US one and phone number (easily grabbed from googling a hotel etc).
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,943
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:04, Edited on 23 July 21 at 20:09 by HolyHalfDead
    Cuthred said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Cuthred said:
    no IP checking?
    XOSX and XSXS are region free, except China. That even applies to Xbox and X360 BC games. Non-BC games is a different story as only some of them are region free.
    I am not talking about playing games but e.g. redeeming gift cards because all US gift cards I have seen have a note stating that you need an US based IP address to redeem.
    Also, you cannot access/buy 360 games not from your regional store, even on XBOX one.
    The US gift card will be added to your US account balance - which you can only spend in the US store. You cannot transfer that balance to another region. I think that is what they are getting at.

    Now if you buy a game from the US store as a gift, that can only be redeemed by someone with a US IP address. That's what those cheap code stores are doing. I don't trust those codes, and you need a VPN to use them.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:15
    RomBurner said:
    Yes, I bought my dollar gift cards from g2a.com with paypal. G2a has a warning that I couldn't use it in the UK. However, changing my region in the bottom left of the rewards.microsoft.com website to United States allows me to add the funds to my microsoft account without issue. I did the same as you first (tried a $5 card). I have now spent $40 in the last two days getting some US bargains.

    If you have a problem redeeming or buying games then you may need to change your billing address on your account to a valid US one and phone number (easily grabbed from googling a hotel etc).
    Worked on the XBOX now, thanks!!
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:19
    FYI, the DLC and Season Pass for Immortals: Fenyx Rising is one of the worst ripoffs in recent DLC memory. If you liked the game… well two of the DLCs are nothing like it and the third is a reskin where everything is the same (down to the reskinned monsters having the exact same attacks and AI) except your character kills about 20 times slower.

    Seriously, there’s something for just about everyone in the base game, but the DLC appeals to almost no one.
  • KANEFAN84KANEFAN84245,915
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:24
    Your better off buying used physical copies off ebay or a shop close to you that deals in used games.... waaay cheaper than these "sales"
  • RomBurnerRomBurner193,209
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:27
    Cuthred said:
    RomBurner said:
    Yes, I bought my dollar gift cards from g2a.com with paypal. G2a has a warning that I couldn't use it in the UK. However, changing my region in the bottom left of the rewards.microsoft.com website to United States allows me to add the funds to my microsoft account without issue. I did the same as you first (tried a $5 card). I have now spent $40 in the last two days getting some US bargains.

    If you have a problem redeeming or buying games then you may need to change your billing address on your account to a valid US one and phone number (easily grabbed from googling a hotel etc).
    Worked on the XBOX now, thanks!!
    Glad it helped! :)
  • onidemon666onidemon666279,311
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:42
    random question but, anyone else having issues with this on the MS rewards app? - Want to spend the money through them for the points but it keeps crashing and won't load the deals. Works fine though if you go through the MS store
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 20:50
    Glad to finally see Dark Souls Remastered show up, felt like it was on sale regularly right up until I put it on my wish list months ago.

    Shame it probably won't ever go any cheaper than that though, a bit silly that a re-tread of the 1st game is going to be my most expensive purchase in the series.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 21:06
    Think I might go with the Little Nightmare deluxe edition since its cheaper than the dlcs separate and the season pass.
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC833,542
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 22:05
    Was hoping for something better, but I was expecting something way worse. Probably the best "big" sale this year, definitely a couple thing I plan on buying.

    Just wish they'd put some more season pass on sale like Sunset Overdrive, We Happy Few and The Outer Worlds.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 22:25
    Is there anything new in this sale that wasn't in every single sale for the past 2 years?

    I browsed through it and didn't see anything that jumped out that I wanted that I didn't pick up in one of the dozens of times it was already on sale.
  • Posted on 23 July 21 at 23:30
    Anyone know if the skills achievements for Sniper Contracts 1 are still buggy or have they been fixed?
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Doombot98275Doombot98275239,593
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 00:54
    eayragt said:
    RomBurner said:
    notoriousJMZ said:
    HellAlex92 said:
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas EU: 24,99€
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas US: $11,99

    LEGO® Marvel Collection EU: 29,99€
    LEGO® Marvel Collection US: $11,99

    Jesus fucking christ - wtf is this price policy? we europeans better switch to US storefront and buy games there much cheaper..
    Is there a way to purchase from the US/Canada store? There are quite a few titles here that are much lower in price (extra 50% I some cases).
    Of course there is and no need to change your xbox region ;)

    Buy an XBox US Dollar gift card for the amount you need to cover your purchase (remember to add around 10% for the sales tax that will be added on). I used g2a.com but you can use any site you prefer that will sell you USD cards.
    eg: if the game is $11.99 then you will need ~ $13.20 credit to buy it.

    Next go to redeem.microsoft.com and sign in if it does not auto log you in.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and at the left it will show your region. Click the link and select United States from the list.
    Redeem your USD code.

    Now go to the xbox store and find the game you want.
    Make sure you sign in.
    Again, scroll to the bottom and if the region does not say United States, click it and change to the United States.
    Buy your game.

    You can even buy games that are no longer available in your region (I just bought the Hasbro Family Collection which is no longer available in the UK)

    Install and enjoy! :)
    I seriously recommend that you move to a state without a sales tax wink
    Dude! Even for as obvious as this is, THANK YOU! I will start doing just that. 😜
  • Doombot98275Doombot98275239,593
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 01:03
    Monhegan said:
    First time Super Meat Boy Forever is discounted. Based on the reviews I'm not sure if it's worth it... Anyone play it and have an opinion?
    I was eyeing that, too. I literally just added that to my wish list yesterday, not even expecting this sale. But just like you said, the reviews didn't look good. One YouTuber said it was great, but it was more like an endless runner with some improvements. Although quite different from the original, they said they did a good job of it.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,061,254
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 02:41
    Is the outer worlds pretty much a no brainer at that price?
    Crackdown 3!
  • LockieLockie559,825
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 03:29
    LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
    One day the Fallout 4 and Outer Worlds dlc will have a nice steep sale... One day...
    Yep, put me down as also waiting for an Outer Worlds DLC sale. cry Seems like Microsoft don't like putting DLC for their own games on sale much unless it's in a bundle.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.