Game Discussion: Aery - Calm Mind

Above The Sky Part II (The one with the flying whales)

• PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,425,670
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 23:31, Edited on 23 July 21 at 23:33 by PURESSENCE
    Obviously this level can't be glitched,as people have completed it, but compared to all the others it just seems empty of orbs/feathers to collect. Doesn't help that the map is huge and the collectibles are the same colour as the background.

I have literally been flying back and to from one end of the level to the other, and maybe collecting one feather every 5 minutes if I'm lucky, and you need 40 of the bastards. Did anyone else have this issue, and if so what to do!
    Too much work, not enough games
  • Dean HelsleyDean Helsley1,699,088
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 00:21
    I'm stuck in that hell right now. Found 30 so far. Sometimes it seems like they don't show up until I'm practically on top of them.
  • PsymonPsymon798,940
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 02:00
    Try flying low (below some of the geometry of the level) and looking up to try to spot the feathers.
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 02:18
    Great tip, thanks. I found the last 8 flying really low. It made it easier to spot them against the blue sky vs the snowy landscape. Stupid, though. I spent more time on that level than every other level combined.

Calm mind, my ass. Ever lose something and look for it for a really long time and you just can't find it. Yeah, that's relaxing.
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 09:30
    Agreed - this level is about as relaxing as being stuck in a cage with Hannibal Lecter whilst being covered in salt and pepper.
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 10:48
    Now on 37, the flying low trick helped me get about another 15, but can't find anymore - having a 'controller about to fly across the room' moment
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 12:41
    Done - think I spent 3 hours plus on this level. All the rest combined probably took less than an hour.
  • Cartoon MorgothCartoon Morgoth1,435,764
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 19:35
    So glad it wasn't just me struggling with this bullshit level. The tips to fly low and look up really helped me! You'd think they would make the collectables a different colour at least.
  • Anand32Anand321,796,614
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 19:40
    thanks for the flying low tip, I will try that when I get home.

Also, slightly off subject, but arent alot of these maps straight copies of previous games levels, with just the feathers in different locations. ive bought all of them in this series cause i do find them relaxing, but feeling slightly bummed they are just rehashing old landscapes instead of giving me new ones.
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 22:48
    Anand32 said:

Also, slightly off subject, but arent alot of these maps straight copies of previous games levels, with just the feathers in different locations. ive bought all of them in this series cause i do find them relaxing, but feeling slightly bummed they are just rehashing old landscapes instead of giving me new ones.
    Yes, the maps and music are all ripped off from the previous games. Bit of a lazy cash in this one.
    Posted on 25 July 21 at 00:31
    Agreed. A lazy copy paste of previous games. That last sky level was just poorly designed. Half the time, I could barely see my bird because it blended in with the background. I had to keep looking up at the sky to even check my feather count because I couldn't see it.
  • Epic LouieEpic Louie2,357,147
    Posted on 25 July 21 at 05:17
    I didn’t really have any issues with any of the levels. Both “Above the Sky” levels are the worst out of all of them, but it’s definitely doable. I completed the game in an hour and a half, that’s with breaks.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • carnagegodcarnagegod544,119
    Posted on 25 July 21 at 10:24
    PURESSENCE said:
    Anand32 said:

Yes, the maps and music are all ripped off from the previous games. Bit of a lazy cash in this one.
    So true! Love the series so far but this one made me feel ripped off.
    Also I wonder why they do not add in brightness and contrast sliders as everything is just so damn bright you can‘t see a thing.
    [URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/carnagegod.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/carnagegod.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,737,077
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 11:54
    This level made me realise just how dirty my TV screen was
  • baazfurybaazfury756,960
    Posted on 04 August 21 at 23:09
    This game is a steaming pile of crap. I've played all previous iterations of the game publisher's Aery games. This game has reused game assets, game maps, and music, and now you add in the careless and obvious money-grubbing that is in full evidence. This level was horrible. I went into my TV screen settings and lowered the brightness to almost zero. I decreased the contrast by half. And it was still very difficult to find the collectibles. A pox on these cretins.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.